Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Wharton

1 6.25%
  • Cuero

15 93.75%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    All-American

Default Week 5: Cuero (3-1) at Wharton (2-2)

Hope the Tigers can climb down that win hill over El Campo quickly to get ready for the Gobblers in a hurry. It could be a long night

All-American

I just might to to this game since it's my backyard only 5 minutes from Hungerford. Does Cuero fans travel well to road games?> Hopefully it won't be a big blowout. I say the Gobblers 3-4 touchdowns. The Tigers get ready for an easy district schedule against Houston schools, La Marque. Their only t ough game will be against Sweeny

Quote Originally Posted by Scoop27 View Post
    I just might to to this game since it's my backyard only 5 minutes from Hungerford. Does Cuero fans travel well to road games?> Hopefully it won't be a big blowout. I say the Gobblers 3-4 touchdowns. The Tigers get ready for an easy district schedule against Houston schools, La Marque. Their only t ough game will be against Sweeny
    Yep ! We travel very well. 95% of the time we fill the visitor side bleachers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "GO MEAN GREEN"
    When we're bad, we're good. When we're good, we're BAD !
    767-380-38

All-American

The Tigers rely on a wide open offense to move the ball. That win over El Campo was a big one for Wharton County bragging rights for a year

The Tigers rely on a wide open offense to move the ball. That win over El Campo was a big one for Wharton County bragging rights for a year
    Yep ! Tiger wins over the Ricebirds is rare . Tigers can pound their chests for a year.

El Campo is a young team this year, but very talented. They’ll be back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "GO MEAN GREEN"
    When we're bad, we're good. When we're good, we're BAD !
    767-380-38

Gobs BIG here, 47-14.

Kinda like Sealy game, week 1.
    YnoT us?

All-American

Would love to see Sealy play Cuero. The Gobblers can almost name their score against the Tigers. But will be about 55-21

All-American

This is the T igers final pre-district game before their open date on Oct. 5 and then starts district on Oct. 12 against Houston Washington

All-American

The Tigers will have played a very tough non-district schedule against Sealy, Columbia, El Campo and Cuero. Even though EC may be down a little, The Tigers still beat them. If Wharton can come out of these four games healthy and then get a week off, they will be ready for a district that they can go 4-1 in.

All-American

How many of you Gobbler fans will be making the trip to Wharton Friday?

All-American

Lots of good places to east
    9ers Grill, Hinze's BBQ, Tastwoods BBQ, Hinze's Country Kitchen, Los Cucos (located off Colorado River Bridge), Reyna's in Hungerford which has great steaks, Larry's Mexican Restaurant by the Colorado River Bridge, Wharton Seafood to name a few

Starter

How many of you Gobbler fans will be making the trip to Wharton Friday?
    Cuero has a great fan base and usually fills the visitors side. And that's not just the Yoakum game So expect a large crowd to follow the Gobblers. When they got Grant back that was big time. He is a great leader and a excellent running back. And a force on defense. When they get Jordan W back this Cuero team will be a strong contender to make a deep run in playoffs .When he healthy he one of the most explosive players I have ever seen. And I have follow high school football for over 40 rs. I saw his uncle and dad play . Now him and his brother get to play together.

All-American

It'll be interesting to see how Wharton responds after a big win last week. You hope the coaches get the kids to ride that momentum into the next week and come out even stronger, rather than that big letdown that can come following those big victories. You always assume Wharton's gonna have some speed. But the problem is Cuero has speed to burn all over the field and veterans along the line. I don't see anyway the Tigers hang with the Gobblers in this one. Cuero continues to roll. But, hopefully that doesn't deter Wharton from getting ready to run through district and into the postseason.
    Texas Forever.

All-American

The Tigers open week (Next Friday) will come at a good time before district starts. T hey just need to come out of this game not too banged up. T hey don't have a lot of depth since they don't have the numbers

All-American