Thread: Paris Wildcats

Starter

Default Paris Wildcats

Saw Paris beat Mt Pleasant 41-7 and they also pulled off a victory against a very good Gilmer team . Right now I have Argyle , Melissa as taking the top to spots for district and it looks like Paris will battle Celina for the third place slot.

Maybe, maybe not. I could be wrong, but unless Paris develops a passing game they won't be able to get to the next level. I think teams that actually play good defense against the run would beat them handily provided they are able to score against their defense, which is pretty dang good. Paris is big and fast as always, but not very disciplined. They are dirty, and it seems their coaches condone that sort of behavior. I can't confirm, but I heard there were several ejections in their game with Mt. Pleasant, 3 from MP and 4 from Paris.
    "Kaizen"

".......offense wins games, but DEFENSE wins championships!"

P.R.I.D.E.

Gilmer Buckeyes -State Champions:

2004 3A - Division II
    2009 3A - Division I
    2014 4A - Division II
    2023 4A - Division II

Letterman

Quote Originally Posted by waterboy View Post
    Maybe, maybe not. I could be wrong, but unless Paris develops a passing game they won't be able to get to the next level. I think teams that actually play good defense against the run would beat them handily provided they are able to score against their defense, which is pretty dang good. Paris is big and fast as always, but not very disciplined. They are dirty, and it seems their coaches condone that sort of behavior. I can't confirm, but I heard there were several ejections in their game with Mt. Pleasant, 3 from MP and 4 from Paris.
    Final Paris 28
    Melissa 25

All-American
    Blog Entries

Congrats to the Paris Wildcats on a great big win. Not sure how the game went, but Paris came out on top in this District Opener for both teams. It's a very BIG win for Paris and could determine the playoff pairings going forward.
    Yesterdays are gone forever and tomorrows may never happen, but today you have the opportunity to make a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Celina8 View Post
    they also pulled off a victory against a very good Gilmer team.
    Not sure which Gilmer team you've been watching.

Buckeye P.R.I.D.E.

Letterman

Quote Originally Posted by regaleagle View Post
    Congrats to the Paris Wildcats on a great big win. Not sure how the game went, but Paris came out on top in this District Opener for both teams. It's a very BIG win for Paris and could determine the playoff pairings going forward.
    Paris was down 25-9 late in the third quarter but came back and went ahead 28-25 with 1:17 left then held off Melissa for one final drive

All-American
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by catgut View Post
    Paris was down 25-9 late in the third quarter but came back and went ahead 28-25 with 1:17 left then held off Melissa for one final drive
    Looks like Paris scored 21 straight while holding Melissa scoreless the rest of the game......excellent defense by the Wildcats and a heckuva offensive execution when needed.
    Yesterdays are gone forever and tomorrows may never happen, but today you have the opportunity to make a difference.

Starter

This was a hard fought ball game by two very good teams and for Paris to fight back after being behind 21-9 says a lot about their team and their Coaches . I have always felt that since the time Paris dropped down they were a sleeping giant . I know just two people in Paris, but both have said the team has everyone excited this year .

All-American

This game could certainly shakeup the District 7 playoff seeds, depending on how some of the other games go. But what a great win for Paris. Going to do a lot for those kids' confidence moving forward. Another big matchup with Celina at Paris next week.

I'd be interested to hear what Orange Machine has to say about this matchup.
    Texas Forever.

All-American
    Blog Entries

Not sure at all about Celina yet......but they appear to be doing some damage and being very quiet about it in the process. Next week's game against Paris will reveal more.

All-American

Paris has always had dudes....they just haven't put it together since Allen Wilson left town....that was an eye opening win over Melissa they are legit