Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    All-American

Default Celina getting new stadium in 2019

Celina Athletic Complex

Well, this has been a LONG time coming. But, I'll be sad to see Bobcat Stadium no longer used. I, along with so many others, have so many memories tied to that place, both as a young boy in the stands, and on the field. But Celina is on the cusp of a new era, and it will look nothing like the old one, so, I suppose it's fitting to give the Bobcats a new home.
    Texas Forever.

Quote Originally Posted by d0tc0m View Post
    Celina Athletic Complex

Well, this has been a LONG time coming. But, I'll be sad to see Bobcat Stadium no longer used. I, along with so many others, have so many memories tied to that place, both as a young boy in the stands, and on the field. But Celina is on the cusp of a new era, and it will look nothing like the old one, so, I suppose it's fitting to give the Bobcats a new home.
    Gonna be really nice. The only draw back is the track around the field. When playing in Celina it feels like the fans are sitting on top of you because the field is so close to the sidelines. Other than that its pretty awesome.
    1stand10

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by orange machine View Post
    Gonna be really nice. The only draw back is the track around the field. When playing in Celina it feels like the fans are sitting on top of you because the field is so close to the sidelines. Other than that its pretty awesome.

Agreed. I hate fields with a track around them. Always loved how close the bleachers were to the field in Celina (and other similar places).
    Texas Forever.

All-American
    Blog Entries

You mean there will be ample parking and a real lighted field to play on now??? WOW......I guess Celina is moving up in the world. What's the forecast for enrollment in 2019 for Celina High School??? I reckon they'll blow right past Argyle in enrollment......we are slowly growing, but still sitting at 850ish. I don't see Argyle getting to a 1,000 enrollment for several more years.
    Yesterdays are gone forever and tomorrows may never happen, but today you have the opportunity to make a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by regaleagle View Post
    You mean there will be ample parking and a real lighted field to play on now??? WOW......I guess Celina is moving up in the world. What's the forecast for enrollment in 2019 for Celina High School??? I reckon they'll blow right past Argyle in enrollment......we are slowly growing, but still sitting at 850ish. I don't see Argyle getting to a 1,000 enrollment for several more years.
    Celina is 850ish and Melissa is 950ish.
    1stand10

Starter

Celina is growing, but right now most of the development is on the south side of the city, which is all in Prosper ISD. Celina ISD is growing at a more steady rate and should stay 4A at least until 2024, at which point it'll depend on where the UIL 5A cutoff is.
    24 down ... 24 to go.

All-American

Wharton passed a huge band in Nov and is getting a new stadium in a couple of years

All-American

Bay City is having a groundbreaking ceremony on Monday for their new football stadium

You mean there will be ample parking and a real lighted field to play on now??? WOW
    You just can't help yourself can you. Always a Richard. Be thankful the refs gifted you that win. Move on.

All-American
    Blog Entries

You Sir are a blowhard. Whatever you think about me doesn't faze me in the least. You move on. Your recent remarks to me are personal insults in a public forum with no cause.
    Yesterdays are gone forever and tomorrows may never happen, but today you have the opportunity to make a difference.

You Sir are a blowhard. Whatever you think about me doesn't faze me in the least. You move on. Your recent remarks to me are personal insults in a public forum with no cause.

That escalated quickly...

Starter

Here is a good article abut the new stadium. I am a little bias as this is my families magazine. Article starts on page 16.
    https://issuu.com/4cmediagroup/docs/oct2018_-_ourcelina

Starter

Here is a article on the History of Bobcat Stadium. Article starts on page 12.
    https://issuu.com/4cmediagroup/docs/...urcelina_issuu

All-American

https://www.kxii.com/content/sports/...512182531.html

A good look at the new Bobcat Stadium. Looks great! Can’t wait for that first game next week!