View Poll Results: Pick one

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • Fredericksburg

7 87.50%
  • Wimberley

1 12.50%

Default Fredericksburg (2-1) @ Wimberley (1-2) Thursday 7:30

The Battlin Billies visit Wimberley for a very rare Thursday night game. As posted previously it will be carried live on Austin's KBVO, a local TV station. I believe you can stream this online at https://www.kxan.com/biggame

Wimberley needs a win to establish momentum as they get closer to district play. Go Texans!
    The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have..... Vince Lombardi

Wow, all the enthusiasm!

According to the guys from KXAN the game will start at 7:00, weather permitting. Go Texans!

All-District

I remember when teams hated playing in Wimberley.

All-State

Fred looked like they might have a decent team for the first time in a while . Was a good game in the first half then Fred got the pick 6 and that kind of took the wind out of the Texans.

All-State

I was interested in this one, I figured if Fred didnt blow out a rebuilding Texans team then they wouldnt be much in District. But we expect a game from Fred in a couple weeks.
    I dont think their Defense will hold up to our Offense.
    Offensively they are good but our Defense is getting better by the snap and are looking good.

Looking forward to opening District play in Fredericksburg in a couple weeks.
    3rdCROWN12/21/2018

All-District
    Blog Entries

Fred made a statement last night. I thought they would battle Lampasas for 3rd in district, but now believe they will challenge Canyon Lake for 2nd.

All-American

Why is Wimberley struggling? I'm seeing a lot of the traditionally stronger teams (Sinton, Wimberley) having a hard time. I didn't think Wimberley would be a team that would struggle, especially after a State Semifinal appearance just a year ago.

All-District

Quote Originally Posted by TarponFanInNorthTexas View Post
    Why is Wimberley struggling? I'm seeing a lot of the traditionally stronger teams (Sinton, Wimberley) having a hard time. I didn't think Wimberley would be a team that would struggle, especially after a State Semifinal appearance just a year ago.
    Tarp, say what you want, they ain't been the Wimberley of old, since Nelms departed. Man could coach, and their screens all over the line were VERY productive and executed flawlessly. Just my outside observation past 5 years or so.

Nelms had his own subpar seasons in between the 2 State Championships. We have not had that defense of old since that time, I will say that. Not even last year and that includes your comment about the screens. It appears we are getting beat with them more often than not. With that said, it is as far as I will go about coaching.
    This year our linemen on both sides of the ball are a bit undersized and wear down. There are a couple of big boys waiting for their chance. This is also one of those seasons when you need to play the kids to find out exactly where they fit in. They looked confused at times. We have some play makers used only sparingly because they know what they can do. This will change. I know the team will be much better and yes, this year. District will be the start of their season. Go Texans!

Quote Originally Posted by Tejastrue View Post
    Nelms had his own subpar seasons in between the 2 State Championships. We have not had that defense of old since that time, I will say that. Not even last year and that includes your comment about the screens. It appears we are getting beat with them more often than not. With that said, it is as far as I will go about coaching.
    This year our linemen on both sides of the ball are a bit undersized and wear down. There are a couple of big boys waiting for their chance. This is also one of those seasons when you need to play the kids to find out exactly where they fit in. They looked confused at times. We have some play makers used only sparingly because they know what they can do. This will change. I know the team will be much better and yes, this year. District will be the start of their season. Go Texans!
    Pretty much where Sinton is at the lines and confused who to cover and block but i also think it'll take the whole season to reach respectably this year by playoff time. Maybe we face off again for 5th straight season

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by SintonFan_inAustin View Post
    Pretty much where Sinton is at the lines and confused who to cover and block but i also think it'll take the whole season to reach respectably this year by playoff time. Maybe we face off again for 5th straight season
    If Sinton finishes 3rd or 4th in D15, getting out of Round 1 may be a very tough task. Both Rio Hondo and Raymondville out of D16 are playing extremely well. And Port Isabel, despite their 1-3 record, just gave unbeaten La Feria (4-0) their biggest scare of the season and are already light years ahead of where they were at this point last season.

All-District

Quote Originally Posted by TarponFanInNorthTexas View Post
    We were almost all seniors last year, and a bunch of them were 3-year starters.

All-State

Quote Originally Posted by Tejastrue View Post
    That Code Red 2005 Defense was one of the most impressive I have seen, by far Wimberleys best ever.
    3rdCROWN12/21/2018

It was the best of times....