Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    All-American

Quote Originally Posted by lostaussie View Post
    No doubt......and we could potentially still go 3 or 4 rounds deep. I think DII is weak this year.
    Fairfield (3-0) is off to a fast start and I think we may have to play them no later than the third round and maybe as soon as the second. I'm not sure about the brackets.

http://www.kxxv.com/story/38916906/f...-their-offense

All-American

I know Gilmer usually gets up for this game. But, I don't think there's any amount of hype they can conjure that will allow them to stay within two or three scores of the Bulldogs here. Like others have said, that doesn't mean the Buckeyes won't be a contender come playoff time. But for this week, yeah ... it might get ugly.
    Texas Forever.

All-American

I'm going to the deer lease. It's a very big possibility this game could be a rain out. Lots of East Texas games moving to Thursday night. We didn't move ours.
    Originally posted by Ranger Mom
    Umm...what is a sweet beaver??
    the best kind???

All-American

I understand lightning delays, but I don't understand not playing in the rain.

Gilmer's not moving this game up because this gives us a better chance not to lose tomorrow night. Notice I didn't say we'd win.

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by Aesculus gilmus View Post
    I understand lightning delays, but I don't understand not playing in the rain.

Gilmer's not moving this game up because this gives us a better chance not to lose tomorrow night. Notice I didn't say we'd win.

It has nothing to do with the rain. It's all about the potential for lightning and other severe weather. There's no sense in getting kids loose, starting a game, only to be pushed back into the locker room for at least half an hour (usually longer) while lightning clears. Then you've got to get them loose again, mentally focused again, etc. Raises the risk of injury in some games that just don't matter whatsoever. The other caveat is a lot of schools are starting district play this week. They can't really afford getting Friday games cancelled and having to come back and potentially play them on a Monday or something.
    Texas Forever.

All-American

Gilmer played through lightning here against Van. I saw it not too far off in the distance as the game kicked off.

OTOH, when we were in Paris the other night, their authorities postponed the kickoff for the same phenomenon.

So there's no consistency in the application of this rule.

Just looked it up. There is no doubt Gilmer violated this rule. Go ahead and suspend us for this season, I would say. It probably won't be much of a penalty that way.

https://www.uiltexas.org/health/info/lightning-safety

Letterman

Quote Originally Posted by Aesculus gilmus View Post
    Gilmer played through lightning here against Van. I saw it not too far off in the distance as the game kicked off.

OTOH, when we were in Paris the other night, their authorities postponed the kickoff for the same phenomenon.

So there's no consistency in the application of this rule.

Just looked it up. There is no doubt Gilmer violated this rule. Go ahead and suspend us for this season, I would say. It probably won't be much of a penalty that way.

https://www.uiltexas.org/health/info/lightning-safety
    My school has had 3 straight games be delayed here in Dallas. Lightening only has to be 10 miles away so you may not even see it.

All-District

The Dawgs 52 Gilmer 7 in the first half.
    The Dawgs are just to much for Gilmer, the Dawgs are running and throwing at will on Gilmer and the Dawg D has the Gilmer QB running for his life and totally shut down the Buckeye run game.

All-District

1st half stats:
    Carthage Dawgs 1st downs 17
    Gilmer Buckeyes 1st downs 2
    Carthage Dawgs rushing 84 yards
    Gilmer Buckeyes rushing 11 yards
    Carthage Dawgs passing 393 yards
    Gilmer Buckeyes passing 46 yards
    All second team in for the Dawgs to start the second half.
    Second team Dawgs score twice in the third quarter with running clock.
    Dawgs 66 Buckeyes 7 in the third quarter.

All-American

Well, my hopes were in vain. We were, in fact, run out of our own stadium tonight. Congrats to the Bulldogs.

All-District

No team I like to beat more than the Buckeyes. Nothing but respect for that program. They are one of very few schools to go toe to toe with Carthage since 2008. But honestly I don’t like to see a score like this. It’s always been Carthage and Gilmer at the top of the food chain in ETX 4a. I hope that’s not over. Carthage has won 3 in a row against Gilmer with an average margin of 56-26. Scores 55, 48, and 66 in the last 3 meetings. Just hope the Buckeyes are not done being elite.

All-American

We could very easily have been 0-4. Just saying.
    Originally posted by Ranger Mom
    Umm...what is a sweet beaver??
    the best kind???

All-District

Gilmer is not done, their JV and 9th grade teams are the real deal. They have a freshman QB playing up on the JV that can motor and pass and he has good size to him.
    Gilmer is still Gilmer, they are not as bad as the score indicated, Carthage (Dawgs) are just that good.
    Carthage dominated both sides of the line of scrimmage (best O line in 4A in my opinion) and if you thought they had frissbee catching Dawgs last year wait till you see this years version.
    The Dawgs are still missing starters on the D line that should be back in time for district, but the players that have come in are outstanding. The Dawgs will be able to keep fresh D linemen coming in that can all flat out play. The name Ingram ring a bell, well the junior linebacker is another Ingram with I believe 35 tackles, INT, forced fumbles, and many tackles for loss in four games.
    Kelvonta Dixon is worth the price of admission, not only can he fly past D backs he breaks tackles like his brother did (K Ingram), when you watch him you are going to say (oh my).
    When the Dawgs start hitting on all cylinders they are going to be very special. You may think averaging 55 points a game is good, but they are improving on every play and you can see coach Surratt getting on to them when they make mistakes.
    LETS GO DAWGS!!!!!!!
    God Bless coaches, players, and fans.

All-American
    Blog Entries

I guess the stands emptied out about halftime, Huh? Bad weather and all......was a good excuse to leave early. Sounds to me like it got ugly fast. Maybe Paris is not so good afterall......maybe Gilmer just needs tons of work......especially defensively.
    Yesterdays are gone forever and tomorrows may never happen, but today you have the opportunity to make a difference.

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by regaleagle View Post
    I guess the stands emptied out about halftime, Huh? Bad weather and all......was a good excuse to leave early. Sounds to me like it got ugly fast. Maybe Paris is not so good afterall......maybe Gilmer just needs tons of work......especially defensively.
    The kickoff was delayed by 16 minutes, but the weather was fine during the game except for the Carthage torrent of touchdowns raining down on us.

The crowd wasn't that impressive to begin with, so I didn't really notice an "emptying out" at halftime. Gilmer has had a very apathetic fanbase for quite some time. A lot of people around here have never appreciated the "Friday football fever" atmosphere. That, combined with Traylor leaving, has left Gilmer without many reliable fans outside of friends and family of the participants.