14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Liberty Hill Panthers

10 71.43%
  • Pflugerville Connally Cougars

4 28.57%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    All-State

Default Liberty Hill @ "5A" Pflugerville Connally

The exclusive 5A predistrict schedule continues with Pflugerville Connally for the Panthers. PC just gave Bastrop their first loss of the season and as usual PC will be loaded with athletes. Its hard to judge PC because they will have a good run one season then barely win a game the next. Regardless, even during their losing seasons they can give anyone a game as they played Cedar Park 21-14 last fall. I expect LH will win their Homecoming game big, what say you?

PS: Hey Gontex, Burnet is playing "3A" Manor this week, not to be confused with "5A" LH played last week.
    3rdCROWN12/21/2018

What's all the fuss about 5A?......didn't LH miss becoming 5A by a 1/4 of a student at the last realignment?....hehehe

All-District

[QUOTE=LHPfactory;1945480]The exclusive 5A predistrict schedule continues with Pflugerville Connally for the Panthers. PC just gave Bastrop their first loss of the season and as usual PC will be loaded with athletes. Its hard to judge PC because they will have a good run one season then barely win a game the next. Regardless, even during their losing seasons they can give anyone a game as they played Cedar Park 21-14 last fall. I expect LH will win their Homecoming game big, what say you?

PS: Hey Gontex, Burnet is playing "3A" Manor this week, not to be confused with "5A" LH played last week.[/QUOTE
    ROFLMAO

All-State

Quote Originally Posted by Cam View Post
    What's all the fuss about 5A?......didn't LH miss becoming 5A by a 1/4 of a student at the last realignment?....hehehe
    It was actually 1/16th of a student but whose counting.... lol.

We were actually bout 8 schools away this time, there were so many big school districts that opened new schools over the past 3 years that we slid down the stack from the previous alignment.
    Im pretty sure we will bump next time unless growth hits a plateau for a bit.
    3rdCROWN12/21/2018

All-State

Is Cedar Park on their schedule ?

Quote Originally Posted by greendawg84 View Post
    ...why you askin' Greendawg?.....you tryin' to stir up trouble?.....

All-State

No, but we have played teams from their district the last 3 weeks, that is rated the second toughest district in 5A-D1. We tried to play Georgetown for week 5 but the Eagles opted to play Stephenville, it must be closer.....lol. We have no week 5 but from the second scrimmage on have played 5 5A High schools in a row. With the exception of the 1 point OT loss to Hutto we have won big,
    3rdCROWN12/21/2018

Blog Entries

5a,4a,3a, don't matter, if the team is good, then they are good. So far, it sounds like we have played some big schools, but one really good team. And - we played them really well, so that to me, provides confidence about how they will face really good teams in the playoffs, barring loss of key players due to injury. I don't think there is much to this Connally team, and I don't think this team will face a significant challenge until a few rounds deep in the playoffs. WHEN they get there, how they respond after playing a less than difficult schedule in district will tell us what they are made of. So far, based on response in Hutto game, looks good. Its a long season, lets see if that same attitude is around in week 12 or 13. I hope it is and they go a long way.
    You Talking to Me?

All-District
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LHPfactory View Post
    It was actually 1/16th of a student but whose counting.... lol.

We were actually bout 8 schools away this time, there were so many big school districts that opened new schools over the past 3 years that we slid down the stack from the previous alignment.
    Im pretty sure we will bump next time unless growth hits a plateau for a bit.
    Who's counting - that's the problem. Suppose to report accual numbers not what fits............Need to post: 5A Size - Playing as 4A Liberty Hill vs xxxxxxx

All-State

Quote Originally Posted by stardog View Post
    Who's counting - that's the problem. Suppose to report accual numbers not what fits............Need to post: 5A Size - Playing as 4A Liberty Hill vs xxxxxxx
    Wow, I hate to burst your bubble but the accusation of enrollment fraud is pretty lousy. If you think our school district compromised its integrity and sacrificed funding to avoid a 5A District with Leander Glenn, Bastrop, Cedar Creek and Marble Falls you are clueless.

Quit using numbers as a crutch.

Here are some more facts for You:

Every Offensive Starter but 1 lineman has been in Liberty Hill since elementary and all but 1 played youth football in Liberty Hill. The Defense is the same scenario, and several starters have parents who attended LH schools.

Stop selling short the results of the hard work and dedication of our players, put down the crutches and walk.

Winning Culture = Community + Coaches + Kids (This will follow LH regardless of the classification).

Talk is cheap, excuses are cheaper, and results speak for themselves.
    3rdCROWN12/21/2018

All-State

Easy Dad , dont think that was his point . Might want to read it again.

All-State

Easy Dad , dont think that was his point . Might want to read it again.
    Im not upset, just dispelling the numbers and transfer conspiracy theory before it gets traction.

Its all good.
    3rdCROWN12/21/2018

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LHPfactory View Post
    Wow, I hate to burst your bubble but the accusation of enrollment fraud is pretty lousy. If you think our school district compromised its integrity and sacrificed funding to avoid a 5A District with Leander Glenn, Bastrop, Cedar Creek and Marble Falls you are clueless.

Quit using numbers as a crutch.

Here are some more facts for You:

Every Offensive Starter but 1 lineman has been in Liberty Hill since elementary and all but 1 played youth football in Liberty Hill. The Defense is the same scenario, and several starters have parents who attended LH schools.

Stop selling short the results of the hard work and dedication of our players, put down the crutches and walk.

Winning Culture = Community + Coaches + Kids (This will follow LH regardless of the classification).

Talk is cheap, excuses are cheaper, and results speak for themselves.
    Whoa Factory, I'm thinking Astro was just yanking your chain a bit, at least I hope. We have all heard grumbling from Burnet about LH not going to 5A this last realignment, but we don't make the cutoffs or the rules, we like everyone else, just have to live with them. I personally would have welcomed the change this year to allow our athletes to progress during district to playing these larger programs. Yeah, it may have hurt some, maybe not. This football bunch has shown great tenacity, and likely would have been super competetive in 5A. I mean really, how many 5A schools that we would have had in a future district match would have seen a Slot-T offense or figured out in a week how to defend against it.

I went to the pep rally last night to see my senior at her last hoorah. As I sat and watched the football team being introduced, i thought to myself, damn, these guys are small. Maybe its cause I've been watching too much college ball lately or I was sitting to far away!. Never the less, it is clear that regardless of my size perception of this LH team is right or wrong, they are one tough bunch of ballers with speed and grit that can bring it.
    You Talking to Me?

All-State

Quote Originally Posted by panfan View Post
    Whoa Factory, I'm thinking Astro was just yanking your chain a bit, at least I hope. We have all heard grumbling from Burnet about LH not going to 5A this last realignment, but we don't make the cutoffs or the rules, we like everyone else, just have to live with them. I personally would have welcomed the change this year to allow our athletes to progress during district to playing these larger programs. Yeah, it may have hurt some, maybe not. This football bunch has shown great tenacity, and likely would have been super competetive in 5A. I mean really, how many 5A schools that we would have had in a future district match would have seen a Slot-T offense or figured out in a week how to defend against it.

I went to the pep rally last night to see my senior at her last hoorah. As I sat and watched the football team being introduced, i thought to myself, damn, these guys are small. Maybe its cause I've been watching too much college ball lately or I was sitting to far away!. Never the less, it is clear that regardless of my size perception of this LH team is right or wrong, they are one tough bunch of ballers with speed and grit that can bring it.

I said previously, I wasnt mad, its hard to be matter of fact in type. Just setting it straight before we get into the numbers/transfers conspiracy.

You said it best Panfan, this is not a big, D1 talent laden team. If you were at the Manor game, you would see we dont match up to many of their players, but this bunch has the intangibles like grit .

This is not a big LH team size wise, but we have some decent size where it counts, My boy at center is 6'2 220 and gave a 4 star recruit a Zero impact game last week. JT is 5'10 270 lbs at Strong Tackle, is quick and puts up weight room numbers like Panfan Jr did (Freakishly Strong), he is as densely built as Thors Hammer. This kid may not be getting D1 offers because of his height but will clown any D1 prospect player he faces this season, I got money on that.

This team is pound for pound very strong, quick, and vicious. Manor and Hutto were bigger and Manor was very fast to say the least. The size and speed of the players the past few weeks is notably faster than what we typically see in 4A, especially Manor's defense, they shut down Copperas Cove and I suspect will be very tough on Spread teams with match ups to include one of the top recruited Defensive Linemen in the country.

Pflugerville Connally is not a great program but as you would expect from a large 5A with Pflugerville and North East Austin players, they will be big and fast. They have the players to give anyone a game. They played Cedar Park 21-14 last fall in spite of having a losing season (35 of those lettermen have returned). Dave Campbell's put us as a 46 point favorite, which we could be, but PC has the athletes to play anyone on any given Friday night.

I will do a post about my take away on 5A vs 4A after this game is played, which completes our exclusive 5A pre district schedule.
    3rdCROWN12/21/2018

Quote Originally Posted by panfan View Post

Nobody ever yanks my chain........