2013, 2015, 2016 3ADL FF Champ jason's Avatar

Default Week 4 GOTW: #6 Midlothian Heritage @ #5 Stephenville

I'd imagine this is one of the bigger games on the slate this week. It will be each teams second game vs a 4a top 10. Stephenville lost @ Argyle by 10 in week 1 and Heritage beat Kennedale handily in week 2.

For you Midlothian fans. Get here early as there is only seating for about 1,000 on the visitor side and it's Stephenvilles homecoming.

Letterman

Quote Originally Posted by jason View Post
    I'd imagine this is one of the bigger games on the slate this week. It will be each teams second game vs a 4a top 10. Stephenville lost @ Argyle by 10 in week 1 and Heritage beat Kennedale handily in week 2.

For you Midlothian fans. Get here early as there is only seating for about 1,000 on the visitor side and it's Stephenvilles homecoming.
    Give me Stephenville by 2

Practice Squad

Jackets by 6

Heritage travels well, so, they will need that 1000 seats Jason ! LOL!
    Heritage will be the best vertical passing team they have seen, and will see this season..running game is good as well. What will surprise the jacket faithful, will be the Heritage defense. Very well coached, smart scheme, and disciplined..and have a lot of high energy athletes over on that side as well.
    Should be a great game!

I've seen heritage this year. Their #8 and #88 will do some damage.

All-American
    Blog Entries

All I gotta say is Stephenville has a really good defense and two awesome linebackers. I can see that Heritage is more balanced offensively this season, but their passing attack is still their main means of scoring. Ledbetter is a good qb, for sure.......but I can honestly say that the Yellowjackets have a very good secondary. I really expect Stephenville will win this game at home......with its defense making the stops to keep that Heritage offensive attack in check most of the night. I guess the real question is how good is the Jaguars on defense and can Stephenville put up some points on them??? Obviously, the team with the most points scored wins the game......I think the Yellowjackets will score against Heritage and win this game......but it should be a close one. In fact, I'll be surprised to see either team score more than 4 TD's in this one......and that's probably a surprise to most fans of 4A. Most fans probably expect to see a rather high-scoring affair in this one......but I'll say the winner might eclipse the 30 pt mark, but not much more. I just don't think Heritage will be able to score on Stephenville's defense like they are accustomed to scoring. Stephenville is averaging 39 pts/game scored, but giving up 26 pts/game against a pretty tough schedule in 3 games. Heritage averages 37 pts/game while giving up only 11 pts/game.....but against lesser competition on their schedule so far.......just to give you a comparison. Stephenville 27 Heritage 21
    Yesterdays are gone forever and tomorrows may never happen, but today you have the opportunity to make a difference.

Looking like rain for this one. I think that can only help Stephenville against the Heritage passing game. Hopefully it's just rain and no lightning.

All-American
    Blog Entries

Looks like most fans are picking Heritage in this one. I think Stephenville has already improved since they played Argyle in Week One.....and that game gave them a taste of what they can expect to see from this Heritage team. The score against Argyle in the season opener was really closer on the field than the scoreboard......and both teams were still getting their players in place. Now we are in Week Four......it makes tons of difference for top teams like Argyle, Stephenville, and Heritage. It makes a difference for most teams, but especially for really good teams with talented athletes that have some sophs and first year starters playing. Stephenville already had a tenacious and experienced defense in Week One against one of the top teams in 4A......they should do even better playing at home this week against Heritage.....IMHO. I think Stephenville will prove to be a very tough out for any team this season......especially by the time the playoffs get here. They have size, talented skill players, good lines, and well-coached players. And they have that winning tradition to uphold. Just my two cents worth......
    Yesterdays are gone forever and tomorrows may never happen, but today you have the opportunity to make a difference.

A lot of people asking why this gams wasn't rescheduled to today and I found out Tarleton is using the facility tonight for something and there are also more temp bleachers being installed on visitor side tomorrow. Sucks butit is what it is. Hopefully it's just rain and no lightning. I probably just jinxed it.

All-American
    Blog Entries

Drink a beer and relax Jason......if it rains, it rains. Not expecting any thunderboomers tomorrow night......just rain. And maybe not even in Stephenville.

Quote Originally Posted by regaleagle View Post
    Drink a beer and relax Jason......if it rains, it rains. Not expecting any thunderboomers tomorrow night......just rain. And maybe not even in Stephenville.
    I sure hope not. Already seen Heritage play in the rain once this year.