Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Dern shame for Coach Bobby Nicholson and his Tigers. That I know.
    YnoT us?

Practice Squad

Wow!!

All-American
    Blog Entries

Since almost all of these injured players play both offense and defense for the Tigers.....Goliad will in essence be playing their remaining schedule with backups and second teamers against the starters of the teams they will face for the rest of district play......a couple of state ranked opponents and the meat of their schedule. All of that hard work for two seasons gone in one meaningless contest against an opponent not even in 3A. Why???Perhaps just because their coaches did not want to be embarrassed by losing big to a smaller classification school nearby??? I just don't get it. Or to build up their own players for the rest of the season maybe? Whatever the reason......there is no getting around what occurred was seriously WRONG.
    Last edited by regaleagle; 10-02-2018 at 12:40 AM.
    Yesterdays are gone forever and tomorrows may never happen, but today you have the opportunity to make a difference.

Junior Varsity

Like I said earlier I personally know the HC at Rockport and he’s from GP and from a good family that lives in Portland. He would never tell his players to intentionally go hurt other players for any reason. I cant vouch for any other coaches at Rockport but the HC would not do that. The Supt is studying the game film to see for himself if any players intentionally targeted Goliad and if so he will punish any players who did and why they did.
    That also goes for coaches. There is Zero excuse for that kind of conduct and it will not be tolerated. I know that doesn’t help those injured players but know that if someone or who ever did target other player they will be punished if they truly did target others.

RE, curious---what did UIL say about this? I think you said they gave a report.
    YnoT us?

All-American
    Blog Entries

From what I was told......all but one of the entire offiiciating crew out of the Corpus Christi Chapter calling this game was suspended for the season by the UIL once the tape was reviewed. I have not seen any clips from this game......but it doesn't take a Rocket Scientist to conclude something highly unusual occurred in this game. When you add up all the facts and results......it looks like there are some culpable and guilty parties here......all to the detriment of the Goliad Tigers in a year where this kind of scenario comes to light for all to see.
    Last edited by regaleagle; 10-02-2018 at 09:56 AM.
    Yesterdays are gone forever and tomorrows may never happen, but today you have the opportunity to make a difference.

All-American
    Blog Entries

If there is any silver lining to this dark cloud that has been cast over the Goliad Tiger's season......this week Goliad has its bye week and next week they play Luling......most probably the weakest team in their district. Then they play Industrial.....the next weakest team on the district schedule. So that's three weeks for the team to readjust their lineup and give some players some time off to heal......if possible. Just depends on the extent of the injuries and the depth of the team when so many starters that are not able to play now were playing both ways. At this point I would have to say Goliad should still make the playoffs, but are no longer favored to win district. It gets tougher after the Industrial game with Hallettsville, Edna, and then Yoakum to end district play. It is possible that Industrial could possibly edge out Goliad now for the fourth playoff spot, but I don't see Goliad losing 4 out of 5 games remaining on their schedule. If two teams tie for the fourth spot with 3 or 4 losses each, then either a coin flip or point differential would be the deciding factor. I now look for Edna and Yoakum to battle for the district title with so many injured starters out for Goliad. It's a shame......a real shame.

All-American
    Blog Entries

As far as star QB Rocky Morris's broken collar bone injury.......that kind of injury requires a minimum of 6 weeks just for the player to be able to consider playing. I really don't know which shoulder he injured.....if it was the right side then that's his throwing shoulder. Six weeks from the injury puts the timeline at the last game of district play. If it was his left shoulder, then perhaps Morris COULD be able to possibly play the first week of the playoffs......if Goliad qualifies. Maybe......maybe, maybe, maybe. Maybes are not a very good barometer for success when you get to the playoffs for any team playing without their star QB.....or an offense and defense decimated with injuries.

Junior Varsity

Those kind of injuries take a minimum of 6 weeks and a dr has to make the determination of a players ability to return.
    Shoulder injuries vary greatly again must be signed off by a doctor to ensure they physically able to return to play.

Practice Squad

I Know a guy named Cody Chambers, he broke his collarbone first full pad practice of his senior season. He was returning offensive player of the year his jr season. He returned for game 7 of his senior season and rebroke the collarbone in the 2nd quarter!!!!! That's a tough injury to overcome in a physical sport!

Sounds like they lost a few lineman too with some knee injury's in that out-of-control Rockport game. Just a shame this talented team has to endure this stuff. One or two, maybe---but 6 or so? Goliad is deep, Bobby will get them lined out. Maybe Morris can return come playoffs? Should make playoffs without him still. Don't rush him back. Have him ready for playoffs. Very talented kid.
    YnoT us?

All-American
    Blog Entries

Goliad is not healthy going into the playoffs. Rocky Morris is trying to heal from his right collar bone break, but that's his throwing arm and one hit could finish his season. Bland at Rb/DE is not fully healthy either, but he's back playing at less than 80%. Dontavian Clay is also back playing, but he's not 100% either. Neither is Jackson Taylor. Seems like all of Goliad's best skill players are either out or playing at less than 100% because they have to. Hitchcock is gonna be a big test for Goliad in the first round with these players not healthy.......and without Rocky at qb. Even if Rocky does play.....it may not be enough to overcome a very good and healthy Hitchcock team. If Goliad was healthy and Rocky had been playing......I'm fairly certain Goliad would have won the district title outright and had a much easier playoff road. Heck.....with Rocky Morris at QB, the Tigers would be a very heavy favorite to make it all the way to Jerry World. It will take a miracle now for this team to overcome so many injuries and win against very quality playoff opponents.

All-American
    Blog Entries

The miracle is suddenly on the horizon for the Goliad Tigers season again this year. They have been through a season like most teams have never experienced.....and are still playing! A testament to this team, its coaching staff, and the depth this team has this season. Now Rocky Morris is back and playing, Dontavion Clay, Sean Justice, Jackson Taylor, MLB Hayden Reitz, and RB/DE Logan Bland among all the others are ready for a title run to the Regional championship and then to win a semifinal so that they can play for the State Championship at JerryWorld in Arlington. This team has the will, character, skill players, and team chemistry to get the job done.....even though the path will be very difficult. Not many teams have faced Goliad at full strength this season.....and those early in the schedule that did wished they didn't, LOL. I just hope Rocky's shoulder doesn't get reinjured because without him at qb/db Goliad will have a very tough time advancing past this week against a very seasoned and healthy Yoakum team, not to mention the rest of the teams still playing to advance for a few more weeks. It's time to separate the contenders from the pretenders......and Goliad is just the kind of team that could come out on top this year. Good Luck to my alma mater Goliad Tigers as they attempt to put a special stamp on this team's season.......and venture where no Goliad team has ever been before. GRRRR......Eat Em Up, Tigers!!!

PS>>>>Just ask a very capable Marion team last week how it was against Goliad at full strength. Hopefully, you can ask Yoakum also after Saturday night's regional semifinal in Cuero. They may not feel like responding, LOL.
    Last edited by regaleagle; 11-29-2018 at 11:00 AM.

All-American
    Blog Entries

Rocky will be playing the role of Leonardo DeCaprio in the movie "Catch Me if you Can" on the field Saturday night, LOL. This game will be aired live streaming on NFHS Network for those that wish to watch it, but cannot make the trip to Cuero. The cost is a monthly subscription of $10 that can be cancelled before your renewal month comes up. That's cheaper than going to any game.....and you can watch many playoff games of the Texas High School playoffs during your month. Just Google Goliad Tigers football and click on MaxPreps, then click on the logo below the matchup game highlighted against Yoakum for this week. It will take you to the site, then follow their instructions.....and bingo!! You can watch this game and many others!!! Do it now and watch other games that start today on Thursday all the way thru this weekend.....whichever games you want to for the next 4 weeks......all for only $10. What a deal, Huh?
    Last edited by regaleagle; 11-29-2018 at 11:20 AM.