If there is any silver lining to this dark cloud that has been cast over the Goliad Tiger's season......this week Goliad has its bye week and next week they play Luling......most probably the weakest team in their district. Then they play Industrial.....the next weakest team on the district schedule. So that's three weeks for the team to readjust their lineup and give some players some time off to heal......if possible. Just depends on the extent of the injuries and the depth of the team when so many starters that are not able to play now were playing both ways. At this point I would have to say Goliad should still make the playoffs, but are no longer favored to win district. It gets tougher after the Industrial game with Hallettsville, Edna, and then Yoakum to end district play. It is possible that Industrial could possibly edge out Goliad now for the fourth playoff spot, but I don't see Goliad losing 4 out of 5 games remaining on their schedule. If two teams tie for the fourth spot with 3 or 4 losses each, then either a coin flip or point differential would be the deciding factor. I now look for Edna and Yoakum to battle for the district title with so many injured starters out for Goliad. It's a shame......a real shame.