Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Aggies vs LSU

All-State

Default Aggies vs LSU

Wild story from the past few weeks. I was invited to a small tailgate party at TAMU by one of our ushers at church. I knew he played golf at TAMU way back in the day. Two weeks ago, at his tailgate, up drives a car and out exits Gerry Griffin, Flight director for Apollo 11, 12, and 14.

subaru brz 0 60 manual

Go to tailgate yesterday, with no game ticket in hand. Great BBQ, and again Gerry Griffin drops by. I visit with him, ask him about Apollo 13 and 14. Very cool stories. He then offers me a free ticket.... 50 freekin' yard line behind Aggie bench!

Got to watch all five hours of the most epic battle I will ever see live, sitting with the Flight Director of Apollo Space Program.

subaru brz 0 60 manual

All-American

Wrong team won-Tigers got screwed by refs big time at least 3 times

All-American

And this is on wrong thread site-Belongs on college and pro

Scoop, please tell us which particular plays you feel the refs got wrong.

Starter

I was pulling for the Aggies but I actually think the tight end for the aggies caught the ball , turned up field and was hit then fumbled which LSU recovered . I think it was a clear fumble and for whatever reason it was not even challenged especially by the LSU coach . Still great game and great victory for the Aggies.

All-District

Quote Originally Posted by Scoop27 View Post
    Wrong team won-Tigers got screwed by refs big time at least 3 times
    So these 3 plays you speak of caused the tigers to lose? What about blown coverages here and there or missed tackles or failing to execute ? I always shake my head when it always the refs fault! Usually spoken by somebody who has never officiated.

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by Celina8 View Post
    I was pulling for the Aggies but I actually think the tight end for the aggies caught the ball , turned up field and was hit then fumbled which LSU recovered . I think it was a clear fumble and for whatever reason it was not even challenged especially by the LSU coach . Still great game and great victory for the Aggies.
    I turned the game on right when the first overtime started. I was watching another game and they mentioned that LSU and A&M were headed to OT. I thought at first that it was a catch and fumble but then on replay I really couldn't tell. It was really close. I don't think the LSU coach can challenge in OT. Aren't all OT challenges up to the booth? He could have called a timeout to give them more time to look at it though.

I also understand that there was a bit of controversy to the one second that was put back on the clock at the end of regulation. I didn't see that play so I can't comment my thoughts on that.

All-American

And their were the obvious all the holding calls the Aggies didn't get flagged for- especially a big one in one of the overtime
    And that was a pass interception at the end of regulation

All-District

And their were the obvious all the holding calls the Aggies didn't get flagged for- especially a big one in one of the overtime
    And LSU never held? Oh the knee was not down? That was reviewed . Next

Scoop, he clearly had his knee down with the ball. The refs reviewed it and it was clear. Even LSU folks aren’t arguing that one.

As for the time at the end of regulation: there is a still shot that clearly shows the ball on the ground with 1 second on the clock. The rule book clearly states there must be at least 3 seconds to spike the ball, which there was. Again, refs reviewed it and got it right. I think a more valid argument is did the Aggies line up in an illegal formation on this play? I have seen differing opinions on this. I think a&m has enough guts on the line of scrimmage, but I thought there had to be at least 1 player on each side of the formation? I think all WRs are lined up to the right of the line. Maybe somebody can clarify if this is a violation or not?

For me, the most legitimately controversial call was the incomplete pass / fumble. That one to me is about as close as it gets. The deciding factor was the ruling on the field was incomplete. Had it been ruled a fumble, I think that would have stood as well. I lean toward incomplete anyways, but I don’t think there is any evidence to overturn the call.

Regarding pass interference on the 2 pt play, there was a clear interference. You can argue that the ball was uncatchable but the counter argument is that it would have been catchable if not for the interference. The DB then getting flagged for running his mouth is what is. Ultimately the second flag didn’t matter anyways because of a subsequent false start that backed A&M off the goal line.

A lot of folks are complaining about a 4th and 18 where a&m appeared to be a half yard short. This one is easily dismissed because the yellow line on the TV was incorrect and a&m actually cleared the line to gain by a full 2 yards.

The biggest gripe that LSU has that I actually don’t see anyone complaining about is a CLEAR false start on A&M RB in OT on a play that ended up getting the Aggies 12 yards. That is a potentially game changing play. But at the end of the day, the refs missed several calls. There were 2 horrendous spots in the first half that went against the Aggies. Only reason we’re not complaining is because we won. A&m is typically on the receiving end (not in a good way) of these controversial calls. It’s nice to have somebody else complaining for once.

A&M admittedly got lucky that a few calls went in their favor toward the end, but they were the correct calls for the most part. At the end of the day, complaining about refs is 90% sour grapes. Period.
    Last edited by Saggy Aggie; 11-25-2018 at 10:55 PM.

Here’s an LSU article that breaks this down and actually dismisses MOST of the claims:

https://www.nola.com/expo/sports/err...ersial-pl.html

All-American

Even my Aggie people agreed LSU should have won this game and the Aggies got lucky with a couple of these calls that should have went the Tigers way. They couldn't beat them again if the game was at LSU

All-American

And this thread should be moved to the College and Pro forum page from this one

Even my Aggie people agreed LSU should have won this game and the Aggies got lucky with a couple of these calls that should have went the Tigers way. They couldn't beat them again if the game was at LSU
    I know a lot of Aggies and none of them have said LSU should have won. Lol

My objective friends and I will definitely say there’s some calls that COULD have gone LSU’s way, but I think the only egregious screwup by the refs that SHOULD have gone LSU’s way was missing a false start on a non scoring play. Everything else is either dismissed or controversial at best

I’d be upset if I’m LSU too, but I think you’re stepping way out on a limb to say LSU won the game 3-4 times and had it taken away

Blog Entries

And this thread should be moved to the College and Pro forum page from this one
    There should only be one forum, but that's a totally different argument.

One of the reasons why this board is dead.
    #37 Ranked Downlow Poster- Coach