Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by regaleagle View Post
    Goliad had 8 starters on offense missing from the game.....every single one injured from the Rockport Fulton game the previous week. Sound highly unusual??? It was more than just highly unusual......it was deplorable!! The Corpus Christi officiating crew that had the game has been suspended for the season!! According to very reliable inside sources close to the team......the tape of the game was sent to the UIL for review with complaints by the Goliad coaching staff claiming uncalled and malicious chop blocks and other types of malevolent behavior from the RF side intending to maim and injure the Goliad star players. Let's count them......2 offensive linemen starters injured and gone for the season with ACL knee injuries sustained from malicious chop blocks that were allowed and not called. Star receiver and kick returner Dontavion Clay with an injured shoulder, star defensive end and offensive RB Logan Bland with a hamstring injury gone for at least 3 weeks, RB and DB Shaun Justice with a leg injury, another defensive lineman out with a leg injury, a linebacker out with an undisclosed injury, and the star QB Rocky Morris ejected from the game before halftime for yelling at his own player......the official claimed Morris was yelling at him. The ejection comes with an automatic one-game suspension, but the UIL upon reviewing the tape of the game and all the circumstances allowed Morris to play only the 2nd half of the Shiner game. He came in on Goliad's first possession of the 2nd half. On his 2nd play from scrimmage.....he reeled off a 60 yd run to the Shiner one yard line. On the very next play.....With Goliad leading 20-14....the ball was stripped from the backup Goliad RB, then scooped up and advanced by a Shiner defensive player. Morris on only his 3rd snap in the game ran and made the tackle. That's where the broken collar bone injury occurred last night. The UIL has suspended the Corpus Christi officiating crew that called the RF/Goliad game for the season.....except for one official. The Goliad Tigers successful season looks to be ruined because of it. Seven injuries to key players.......all starters for Goliad.......is just a little too much to swallow from one game from a team that was a 35 pt underdog. This explains both low scores of both games from an offensive juggernaut like Goliad this season(and last season). If you have some different information than I do, please PM me or just post it. I'm simply relating the information given to me from Goliad sources close to the team.
    Sad news to hear.
    "GO MEAN GREEN"
    When we're bad, we're good. When we're good, we're BAD !
    767-380-38

All-American
    Blog Entries

The bad part is most of these players play both ways.......most are juniors and seniors. Now Goliad has no chance whatsoever to win their district and compete with Yoakum and Edna for the district title and a shot at going to Jerry World. It's a shame and a sham. I just wanted everyone to know what really happened and this kind of unethical behavior cannot be tolerated. My brother thinks there was a vendetta going on between the Goliad coaching staff and this Corpus Christi chapter that called the game.....they had been accused and turned in before by Goliad. Apparently.....Rockport's staff was made aware of the situation and took full advantage of it.......shameful!!! It was a setup.
    Yesterdays are gone forever and tomorrows may never happen, but today you have the opportunity to make a difference.

Junior Varsity

It’s a real shame for the Goliad team to suffer so many injuries in the Rockport game. I know the head coach at Rockport and I’m related to the Supt at Rockport. That’s really out of character for Rockport to play dirty football. Not saying it didn’t happen but I’ve never heard them as a dirty team. I’m sure the UIL will have contact with the coach and Supt at Rockport to remedy this situation.

All-American
    Blog Entries

How is it possible for a very physical team like Goliad play so many quality opponents and sustain zero injuries, then all of a sudden suffer 7 serious injuries to so many key players in one game to a far lesser opponent without some shannigans happening that are beyond the normal scope of play, Huh? It's beyond mathematical calculation. The game film shows the answer.......and the UIL decision does also.
    Yesterdays are gone forever and tomorrows may never happen, but today you have the opportunity to make a difference.

Junior Varsity

That’s why I’m sure the Supt at Rockport will get involved and do his own investigation. As I said I know him and are related to him. He will get to the bttm of this and do the right thing. Rockport having a bad reputation is not acceptable to the Supt.

Dern shame for Coach Bobby Nicholson and his Tigers. That I know.
    YnoT us?

Practice Squad

Wow!!

All-American
    Blog Entries

Since almost all of these injured players play both offense and defense for the Tigers.....Goliad will in essence be playing their remaining schedule with backups and second teamers against the starters of the teams they will face for the rest of district play......a couple of state ranked opponents and the meat of their schedule. All of that hard work for two seasons gone in one meaningless contest against an opponent not even in 3A. Why???Perhaps just because their coaches did not want to be embarrassed by losing big to a smaller classification school nearby??? I just don't get it. Or to build up their own players for the rest of the season maybe? Whatever the reason......there is no getting around what occurred was seriously WRONG.
    Last edited by regaleagle; 10-02-2018 at 12:40 AM.