Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Yoakum and Goliad Updates

Yoakum soundly defeated another rival in Gonzales last night, 33-14.

Goliad spanked a solid George West club, 47-13.

Now, Yoakum (2-1) faces another tough one in Needville, who played powerhouse Calallen to a 61-41 defeat last night. Both Yoakum and Goliad (3-0) square off the final district game. And, likely again in the playoff's. Neither better look past (3-0) Edna though.

It's getting good!!!!!!
    YnoT us?

All-American
    Blog Entries

Goliad will be tested by Rockport Fulton next week in Rockport. RF has a very stingy defense and has limited its opponents on the scoreboard very impressively so far early in this season. RF defeated Aransas Pass 33-16 to start the season, then lost to a very quality El Campo team 26-21. Last night RF lost to a good 5A Alice team 20-15. Looks to me like the common theme in these games is good defense for Rockport......limiting the scoring of their opponents. I'd say Goliad will be facing their toughest test of the season next week in Rockport. I would tend to put RF above those teams Goliad has played so far this season......Columbus, Refugio, and George West. The Tigers are very good......but they need to play some solid teams. The very next week they get Shiner at home......another good test before district play begins. Then their bye week off after Shiner.
    Yesterdays are gone forever and tomorrows may never happen, but today you have the opportunity to make a difference.

All-American
    Blog Entries

It's plausible to say that Rockport Fulton's strength is it's defense. It's also very plausible to say that Goliad's strength is its offense......the Tigers have so many weapons this season. The big question is can any team in Region IV 3A stop this Goliad Tiger offensive attack??? Maybe Yoakum and Edna can......maybe not. In football just like in some other sports.......the team that scores the most points wins.......regardless of how well a team plays defensively. Just so happens Goliad also has a pretty darn good defense too. Maybe not as good yet as it will be come playoff time......but their offense will do the damage each week just in case. RF is in 4A-D2 and nothing to sneeze at.......they can play some ball, for sure. This week we get to see how Goliad handles a step up in classification against the Pirates. Yoakum already defeated Cuero.......also a 4A-D2 school that would be favored against RF if they were to meet. Ima thinkin' Goliad will score at least 35 pts again this week against the Pirates.......and I don't see the Pirates being able to score that many against this year's Tigers defense. I' guess we'll find out this Friday night, Huh? The game is in Rockport. GRRRR.......Tear Em Up Tigers!!!!
    Last edited by regaleagle; 09-19-2018 at 02:57 AM.
    Yesterdays are gone forever and tomorrows may never happen, but today you have the opportunity to make a difference.

Goliad BIG here RE. 35-0. We all know in these parts how good they are. Deep in talent too. I see a shutout here honestly. Should be an exciting season for the Tigers. Congrats to Bobby and the TigerNation.
    YnoT us?

All-American
    Blog Entries

Well it went kinda like I expected......Goliad defeated Rockport Fulton by a score of 20-8. RF showed up and has a good defense to keep them in ballgames......just like their previous games have shown. The Tigers just did not dominate on offense against this Pirates defense......it was a struggle. We also saw that despite all their weapons, it looks like Goliad has not quite harnessed all of their potential offensively. They have good lines on both sides of the ball and lots of talented skill players, but have not yet found that special gear to just step on the gas to get that offensive juggernaut cranking in full gear. It seems they keep getting stuck in third gear and may be having problems with the clutch.....I don't think they are releasing it fast enough. But there's still plenty of ball to be played to get more oil into those gears and work on a smoother clutch transition in high gear as the season progresses. Next week they get a very tough test against a very good Shiner Comanches team in Goliad. Both teams are undefeated at 4-0 and both teams have stingy defenses. On paper this one looks like a toss-up according to the stats......but I think Goliad has more horses in their engine. It should be a very close game and a goodun to watch. Maybe Goliad will rev up that engine a little more this week.

All-American
    Blog Entries

Meanwhile......back at the ranch in East Bernard, those Brahmas were giving the Edna Cowboys all they could handle. It was one of those steer wrestling events and the Cowboys were having all kinds of trouble getting those Brahmas wrangled. They finally got the job done, but it took all the way to the 4th quarter to get the win 14-6. Both teams came into the corral undefeated and mean as heck, but in the end those Edna Cowboys came out still undefeated.

All-American
    Blog Entries

Not too far up the road there was another fight going on in Yoakum. This one was between Bulldogs and Blue Jays if you can believe it! Sometimes Blue Jays can be pesky and downright aggressive......even to Bulldogs. This team of Blue Jays came from Needville and descended upon the turf of the Yoakum Bulldogs. They were making all kinds of noises and just being very annoying. Well those Yoakum Bulldogs weren't gonna just sit there......so they growled and chased down those Blue Jays all over Bulldog Stadium last night. Both teams came into this meeting at 2-1, and it was really something to watch. Bulldogs chasin' Blue Jays up and down that field, flags flying all over the place the whole game, and lots of scoring. Them Yoakum Bulldogs played a heckuva game and defended their turf like Champions......they scored in every quarter and won 42-21 against a high-flying offense from Needville. I guess them Blue Jays ain't gonna pick a fight with the Yoakum Bulldogs anymore......at least not on Bulldog turf, LOL.

Junior Varsity

I went to the Yoakum vs Sinton and Yoakum dominated the pirates in the 1st half. 2nd half Yoakum started subbing heavily allowing the pirates to score a few points while Yoakum 2nd team offense kept racking up points.
    Side note, Goliad lost to Shiner, also heard Goliad lost their QB to a broken Collarbone. Goliad just wasn’t near as effective without him.

All-American
    Blog Entries

Goliad had 8 starters on offense missing from the game.....every single one injured from the Rockport Fulton game the previous week. Sound highly unusual??? It was more than just highly unusual......it was deplorable!! The Corpus Christi officiating crew that had the game has been suspended for the season!! According to very reliable inside sources close to the team......the tape of the game was sent to the UIL for review with complaints by the Goliad coaching staff claiming uncalled and malicious chop blocks and other types of malevolent behavior from the RF side intending to maim and injure the Goliad star players. Let's count them......2 offensive linemen starters injured and gone for the season with ACL knee injuries sustained from malicious chop blocks that were allowed and not called. Star receiver and kick returner Dontavion Clay with an injured shoulder, star defensive end and offensive RB Logan Bland with a hamstring injury gone for at least 3 weeks, RB and DB Shaun Justice with a leg injury, another defensive lineman out with a leg injury, a linebacker out with an undisclosed injury, and the star QB Rocky Morris ejected from the game before halftime for yelling at his own player......the official claimed Morris was yelling at him. The ejection comes with an automatic one-game suspension, but the UIL upon reviewing the tape of the game and all the circumstances allowed Morris to play only the 2nd half of the Shiner game. He came in on Goliad's first possession of the 2nd half. On his 2nd play from scrimmage.....he reeled off a 60 yd run to the Shiner one yard line. On the very next play.....With Goliad leading 20-14....the ball was stripped from the backup Goliad RB, then scooped up and advanced by a Shiner defensive player. Morris on only his 3rd snap in the game ran and made the tackle. That's where the broken collar bone injury occurred last night. The UIL has suspended the Corpus Christi officiating crew that called the RF/Goliad game for the season.....except for one official. The Goliad Tigers successful season looks to be ruined because of it. Seven injuries to key players.......all starters for Goliad.......is just a little too much to swallow from one game from a team that was a 35 pt underdog. This explains both low scores of both games from an offensive juggernaut like Goliad this season(and last season). If you have some different information than I do, please PM me or just post it. I'm simply relating the information given to me from Goliad sources close to the team.
    Last edited by regaleagle; 09-29-2018 at 02:23 PM.

All-American
    Blog Entries

Evidently......all of this news was kept undisclosed to the public until now. I just found out about it during the Shiner game last night. I was wondering where all the Goliad players were......and this was what I learned. Morris played 3 or 4 snaps.....impacted the game, and then the unfortunate collar bone injury happened. Talk about snakebitten.......I don't know of any team with a worse scenario and set of circumstances happening to them than what just occurred to this highly ranked Goliad Tigers team. The RF coaches should be ashamed of themselves......and that officiating crew from Corpus Christi.......that's all I gotta say about this.

Quote Originally Posted by regaleagle View Post
    Goliad had 8 starters on offense missing from the game.....every single one injured from the Rockport Fulton game the previous week. Sound highly unusual??? It was more than just highly unusual......it was deplorable!! The Corpus Christi officiating crew that had the game has been suspended for the season!! According to very reliable inside sources close to the team......the tape of the game was sent to the UIL for review with complaints by the Goliad coaching staff claiming uncalled and malicious chop blocks and other types of malevolent behavior from the RF side intending to maim and injure the Goliad star players. Let's count them......2 offensive linemen starters injured and gone for the season with ACL knee injuries sustained from malicious chop blocks that were allowed and not called. Star receiver and kick returner Dontavion Clay with an injured shoulder, star defensive end and offensive RB Logan Bland with a hamstring injury gone for at least 3 weeks, RB and DB Shaun Justice with a leg injury, another defensive lineman out with a leg injury, a linebacker out with an undisclosed injury, and the star QB Rocky Morris ejected from the game before halftime for yelling at his own player......the official claimed Morris was yelling at him. The ejection comes with an automatic one-game suspension, but the UIL upon reviewing the tape of the game and all the circumstances allowed Morris to play only the 2nd half of the Shiner game. He came in on Goliad's first possession of the 2nd half. On his 2nd play from scrimmage.....he reeled off a 60 yd run to the Shiner one yard line. On the very next play.....With Goliad leading 20-14....the ball was stripped from the backup Goliad RB, then scooped up and advanced by a Shiner defensive player. Morris on only his 3rd snap in the game ran and made the tackle. That's where the broken collar bone injury occurred last night. The UIL has suspended the Corpus Christi officiating crew that called the RF/Goliad game for the season.....except for one official. The Goliad Tigers successful season looks to be ruined because of it. Seven injuries to key players.......all starters for Goliad.......is just a little too much to swallow from one game from a team that was a 35 pt underdog. This explains both low scores of both games from an offensive juggernaut like Goliad this season(and last season). If you have some different information than I do, please PM me or just post it. I'm simply relating the information given to me from Goliad sources close to the team.
    Sad news to hear.
    "GO MEAN GREEN"
    When we're bad, we're good. When we're good, we're BAD !
    767-380-38

All-American
    Blog Entries

The bad part is most of these players play both ways.......most are juniors and seniors. Now Goliad has no chance whatsoever to win their district and compete with Yoakum and Edna for the district title and a shot at going to Jerry World. It's a shame and a sham. I just wanted everyone to know what really happened and this kind of unethical behavior cannot be tolerated. My brother thinks there was a vendetta going on between the Goliad coaching staff and this Corpus Christi chapter that called the game.....they had been accused and turned in before by Goliad. Apparently.....Rockport's staff was made aware of the situation and took full advantage of it.......shameful!!! It was a setup.

Junior Varsity

It’s a real shame for the Goliad team to suffer so many injuries in the Rockport game. I know the head coach at Rockport and I’m related to the Supt at Rockport. That’s really out of character for Rockport to play dirty football. Not saying it didn’t happen but I’ve never heard them as a dirty team. I’m sure the UIL will have contact with the coach and Supt at Rockport to remedy this situation.

All-American
    Blog Entries

How is it possible for a very physical team like Goliad play so many quality opponents and sustain zero injuries, then all of a sudden suffer 7 serious injuries to so many key players in one game to a far lesser opponent without some shannigans happening that are beyond the normal scope of play, Huh? It's beyond mathematical calculation. The game film shows the answer.......and the UIL decision does also.

Junior Varsity

That’s why I’m sure the Supt at Rockport will get involved and do his own investigation. As I said I know him and are related to him. He will get to the bttm of this and do the right thing. Rockport having a bad reputation is not acceptable to the Supt.