Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Junior Varsity

It’s a real shame for the Goliad team to suffer so many injuries in the Rockport game. I know the head coach at Rockport and I’m related to the Supt at Rockport. That’s really out of character for Rockport to play dirty football. Not saying it didn’t happen but I’ve never heard them as a dirty team. I’m sure the UIL will have contact with the coach and Supt at Rockport to remedy this situation.

All-American
    Blog Entries

How is it possible for a very physical team like Goliad play so many quality opponents and sustain zero injuries, then all of a sudden suffer 7 serious injuries to so many key players in one game to a far lesser opponent without some shannigans happening that are beyond the normal scope of play, Huh? It's beyond mathematical calculation. The game film shows the answer.......and the UIL decision does also.
    Yesterdays are gone forever and tomorrows may never happen, but today you have the opportunity to make a difference.

Junior Varsity

That’s why I’m sure the Supt at Rockport will get involved and do his own investigation. As I said I know him and are related to him. He will get to the bttm of this and do the right thing. Rockport having a bad reputation is not acceptable to the Supt.

Dern shame for Coach Bobby Nicholson and his Tigers. That I know.
    YnoT us?

Practice Squad

Wow!!

All-American
    Blog Entries

Since almost all of these injured players play both offense and defense for the Tigers.....Goliad will in essence be playing their remaining schedule with backups and second teamers against the starters of the teams they will face for the rest of district play......a couple of state ranked opponents and the meat of their schedule. All of that hard work for two seasons gone in one meaningless contest against an opponent not even in 3A. Why???Perhaps just because their coaches did not want to be embarrassed by losing big to a smaller classification school nearby??? I just don't get it. Or to build up their own players for the rest of the season maybe? Whatever the reason......there is no getting around what occurred was seriously WRONG.
    Last edited by regaleagle; 10-02-2018 at 12:40 AM.
    Yesterdays are gone forever and tomorrows may never happen, but today you have the opportunity to make a difference.

Junior Varsity

Like I said earlier I personally know the HC at Rockport and he’s from GP and from a good family that lives in Portland. He would never tell his players to intentionally go hurt other players for any reason. I cant vouch for any other coaches at Rockport but the HC would not do that. The Supt is studying the game film to see for himself if any players intentionally targeted Goliad and if so he will punish any players who did and why they did.
    That also goes for coaches. There is Zero excuse for that kind of conduct and it will not be tolerated. I know that doesn’t help those injured players but know that if someone or who ever did target other player they will be punished if they truly did target others.

RE, curious---what did UIL say about this? I think you said they gave a report.
    YnoT us?