View Poll Results: Place your vote!

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hawks

9 56.25%
  • Texans

7 43.75%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I know from looking at the stats it appears to be the same porous defense but the Texans looked much improved. Many stops for losses or no gains and a sack or 2 against a good ball club. Offense had way too many drive killing penalties and throw in a couple of turnovers to boot. One make-able field goal off the upright. They were in this game till mid 4th. For now there is a knack for giving up the big play. Still a loss is a loss. No excuses. What the heck happened to our home grown refs? Did the threat of rain keep them away? lol
    The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have..... Vince Lombardi

Quote Originally Posted by ogg View Post
    No, but the referee fund will.
    That fund must have dried up.
    The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have..... Vince Lombardi

All-District
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tejastrue View Post
    I know from looking at the stats it appears to be the same porous defense but the Texans looked much improved. Many stops for losses or no gains and a sack or 2 against a good ball club. Offense had way too many drive killing penalties and throw in a couple of turnovers to boot. One make-able field goal off the upright. They were in this game till mid 4th. For now there is a knack for giving up the big play. Still a loss is a loss. No excuses. What the heck happened to our home grown refs? Did the threat of rain keep them away? lol
    I kind of knew they'd struggle the first few games, lots of fundamentals/mistakes to clean up. After watching the La Vernia scrimmage my thought was then they would be 2-3 pre-district. There's periods where they look unbeatable, then give up a "big" play followed by sputtering offense with penalties. Agree, there is improvement.