Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    All-American

Quote Originally Posted by NastySlot View Post
    Actually I think they won three in a row in 2014. Got them bowl eligible. Herman quoted that 2013 stat wrong in PC today. I also think he was wrong with the Of Mice
    and Men analogy- been thirty years since I read it but I don't remember Lenny killing a rabbit. He is Mensa though so maybe there is hidden meaning in comparing his team to Lenny...Idk

edit

All-American

I don't think I can comment on this thread. You guys have left the realm of descent conversation on this one.
    GO BUFFS!

Junior Varsity

If I remember correctly Colt should've been to two national titles, and got hurt when moving the ball in the one he played in.

Also, Tyrone and Jerrod both played back and forth for 1 season after Ash hung up his helmet. Buechele shined early on in the next season and the move for Jerrod made sense. Especially since at the start of that season, Tyrod seemed like a capable backup.
    Brownwood Lions
    7 Time State Champions
    1960 1965 1967 1969 1970 1978 1981

It’s entirely possible that Texas starts 1-5, probably 2-4, 3-3 at best this season... and that’s being generous

Saggy..1939
    The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have..... Vince Lombardi

Junior Varsity

It's one game at the beginning of the season. Outside of Will Grier, the Texas QBs, and maybe Kyler Murray, the QBs on Texas' schedule have yet to be tested. I wouldn't go and say Texas gets a winning record over the next few weeks, but crazier things have happened in the world of college football.
    Brownwood Lions
    7 Time State Champions
    1960 1965 1967 1969 1970 1978 1981

Quote Originally Posted by Tejastrue View Post
    Saggy..1939
    Eh, I don’t really care what did or didn’t happen prior to me going off to college in 2009.

Of course I know history isn’t on a&m’s side, but 2018+ should make up for it in due time

All-District

Quote Originally Posted by Aesculus gilmus View Post
    Texas has not won it all since it had an African-American QB. For some reason, there is hesitancy to go with one nowadays on the Forty Acres.

I think Vince Young, whom Mack Brown reluctantly agreed to start when he finally realized it was the only way he could win it all, proves my point.
    Lol...so you're saying Charlie Strong was part of this elaborate plan to keep black QB's from playing at Texas?

I'm an Aggie and even I'll acknowledge that you've lost your mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Weebe View Post
    Lol...so you're saying Charlie Strong was part of this elaborate plan to keep black QB's from playing at Texas?
    That’s exactly what he’s saying lol

Things are not looking good at all for UT. They could be in real trouble this year. I sense an incredible amount of arrogance on the part of Herman. Crazy.
    Judge a man by his questions rather than by his answers.

-Voltaire

Texas will be just fine.
    The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have..... Vince Lombardi

Maryland just got blown out by Temple....