Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by buff4ever View Post
    I am an aggie and I want the game back. Anyone who says they don't want it back is not telling the truth or they are neither a longhorn or an aggie.
    Agreed.... think most people are trying to convince the other side that they don’t care....

All-American

I'm a Longhorn, but I no longer care about the football team.

And I don't follow the Aggies because they hardly ever play in this state (excluding their home games, of course).

Furthermore, I don't like the brand of football the SEC plays.

What's ironic is that our former Gilmer coach used to tell me the same thing and now he's associate head coach at Arkansas.

Quote Originally Posted by Aesculus gilmus View Post
    I'm a Longhorn, but I no longer care about the football team.

And I don't follow the Aggies because they hardly ever play in this state (excluding their home games, of course).

Furthermore, I don't like the brand of football the SEC plays.

What's ironic is that our former Gilmer coach used to tell me the same thing and now he's associate head coach at Arkansas.
    You mean the type of football that works?

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by oldtownag View Post
    You mean the type of football that works?
    SEC football is boring to me. I think that's what Traylor meant also. He was actually a basketball coach at first and always wanted to speed up football, so Gilmer did and still does run their spread similar to a "fast break" offense on the basketball court.

Honestly, though, I'm just losing interest in following football at every level except for high school games involving my team. If you had told me as kid that this would ever happen to me, I'd have said no way. There was no bigger football fanatic of every level of the sport than I was back in my youth.

But, hell, I used to even play golf back in the day. Nowadays I view golfers as totally boring freaks. The fact that people WATCH golf on TV is incomprehensible to me. Anyone who would sit down to watch a golf tournament for hours needs to be checked for brain tumors, IMHO.

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by Aesculus gilmus View Post
    SEC football is boring to me. I think that's what Traylor meant also. He was actually a basketball coach at first and always wanted to speed up football, so Gilmer did and still does run their spread similar to a "fast break" offense on the basketball court.

Honestly, though, I'm just losing interest in following football at every level except for high school games involving my team. If you had told me as kid that this would ever happen to me, I'd have said no way. There was no bigger football fanatic of every level of the sport than I was back in my youth.

But, hell, I used to even play golf back in the day. Nowadays I view golfers as totally boring freaks. The fact that people WATCH golf on TV is incomprehensible to me. Anyone who would sit down to watch a golf tournament for hours needs to be checked for brain tumors, IMHO.
    There is a lot going on here. I mean nothing by this in a serious way to anyone, but did you ever think that maybe you are the one with a brain tumor.

To the golf. Short and sweet. If you like to play golf then watching golf, even if it is just the four majors is still very interesting to watch. If you don't play golf anymore, then you probably realized that you were not any good at it and that frustrated you. If you are at least descent at golf, then golf is a lifetime sport that you can always play and compete against your own game and personal best or goals at a minimum. If you play golf you appreciate watching at least the majors.

For Football. I am trying to determine what it is that you are hinting at. Is it the NFL that is turning everyone off? You mention that you don't like SEC style football. So you don't appreciate winning football. Does this mean you only want to watch throw it around offenses or gimmick offenses? Football is possibly losing a little of its luster, and I do believe it is starting at the NFL. It is a combination maybe of the NFL crap right now, and possibly the research and news from research on the head injuries related to football contact. On the bright side for you, if the head injury thing gets bigger, you will see more gimmick offenses and less SEC style offenses. On top of that, the receivers will not be able to be hit before that touch the ground, and all head shots will result in ejection no questions.

It is possible, because I don't know your age, that you could be just losing interest at this point in your life and your interest have changed. The fact that you are still on this website, that is not what it use to be, tells me that you aren't committed to that though. So what is it. If you do get checked and this post saved you from a brain tumor, please let me know. That is hopefully a joke. I don't want that to be the case.
    GO BUFFS!