Letterman

Default Kid is going to be special for the next two years for Carthage.

All-State

He a Junior? I
    3rdCROWN12/21/2018

Letterman

Quote Originally Posted by LHPfactory View Post
    He a Junior? I
    Yeah, he was injured all of last season.

All-District

Quote Originally Posted by ctown81 View Post
    Good first scrimmage for the Dawgs.
    Live football was the Dawgs 34 Pitt 12.
    Coach S said there were areas they will need to improve on in the next scrimmage.
    I am really excited to see this Dawg team perform, new year, new leaders to step up.
    Lets Go Dawgs!!!!!
    God Bless coaches, players, and fans.

All-District

Carthage offense is gonna be legit. Just very different than last year. I don’t think we will see the big plays as much, but will be very efficient. Senior QB and RB are gonna have to lead this team. Dixon is gonna be a guy, but it all starts with the run game.

O-Line looked very good in pass protection. Run game will need work as the season progresses.

Defense we will have to see. By the start of the playoffs they will be there. Not saying they are gonna be bad, but it will take more time for this unit to get to a championship level.

Secondary is gonna be good. Ware had an int in the scrimmage. Teams will have to stay away from him, or he will make them pay. I’m sure Dixon will play in the secondary later in the season.

D-Line is gonna be fine. Ravon Ingram looked good at linebacker. But we got some studs to replace at LB.

Very few players are gonna play both ways. Carthage has alot of good looking players which equals a lot of depth.

Carthage is gonna surprise some people with how good the offense is gonna be. With all they lost you would think there will be a dip, but I think the offense is gonna be lethal by the end of the season.

2013, 2015, 2016 3ADL FF Champ jason's Avatar

what was the injury?

All-District

Quote Originally Posted by jason View Post
    what was the injury?
    Ankle. Had to have surgery to repair. Played basketball and was ran in multiple events at the state track meet. I think if Carthage would’ve really needed him in the playoffs last year, he could’ve gone. We just had a freak team full of senior playmakers.

All-American

Looks pretty salty. Going to be a mismatch for most defenders, I would imagine.
    Texas Forever.

All-District

Quote Originally Posted by d0tc0m View Post
    Looks pretty salty. Going to be a mismatch for most defenders, I would imagine.
    I’m pretty sure for all defenders at the 4a level. Not sure there is gonna be a team we face with the secondary to stop him. And if they bracket him with 2 defenders and play nickel coverage the run game is gonna run wild. This kid is a difference maker.

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgs View Post
    I’m pretty sure for all defenders at the 4a level. Not sure there is gonna be a team we face with the secondary to stop him. And if they bracket him with 2 defenders and play nickel coverage the run game is gonna run wild. This kid is a difference maker.

If only it were that simple, though, right? You can put two on him without running a true nickel coverage, especially in typical non-passing downs. He's a difference maker for sure, and I'm certain Surratt will get him the ball plenty of ways, but there are lots of mitigating factors here.
    Texas Forever.