Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Wimberley Texans Football 2018

Despite the loss of so many quality players from last years' team, hopes are still high for the 2018 season. The local coverage has started. Go Texans!

https://www.statesman.com/sports/hig...ViERoBBzZZbOP/

https://www.kvue.com/video/sports/wi...en/269-8219146

https://www.statesman.com/sports/hig...6cOIGvlGGk6cK/
    The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have..... Vince Lombardi

All-District
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tejastrue View Post
    Despite the loss of so many quality players from last years' team, hopes are still high for the 2018 season. The local coverage has started. Go Texans!

https://www.statesman.com/sports/hig...ViERoBBzZZbOP/

https://www.kvue.com/video/sports/wi...en/269-8219146

https://www.statesman.com/sports/hig...6cOIGvlGGk6cK/

“I’m going to go out on a limb here and say from the start of the season until the finish, the improvement on this team is going to be unbelievable,” said Warren. I Agree, saw their scrimmage Friday and I was pleasantly surprised, Wimbo has some really good athletes on both sides of the ball......Moses can be a game changer and has crazy upside going forward. Bumpy road pre-district while the Texans jell. That Cuero game should be rockin' in so many ways.

Thanks Tejas for the links

All-District
    Blog Entries

First game of season -- Burnet -- should be a good one. Burnet has young team, not many seniors. Juniors, several Sophmores, couple of Freshmen. Should give Wimberly a good game !!!

All-State

Quote Originally Posted by stardog View Post
    First game of season -- Burnet -- should be a good one. Burnet has young team, not many seniors. Juniors, several Sophmores, couple of Freshmen. Should give Wimberly a good game !!!
    Who did Burnet Scrimmage and how did it go ?
    3rdCROWN12/21/2018

Quote Originally Posted by ogg View Post
    “I’m going to go out on a limb here and say from the start of the season until the finish, the improvement on this team is going to be unbelievable,” said Warren. I Agree, saw their scrimmage Friday and I was pleasantly surprised, Wimbo has some really good athletes on both sides of the ball......Moses can be a game changer and has crazy upside going forward. Bumpy road pre-district while the Texans jell. That Cuero game should be rockin' in so many ways.

Thanks Tejas for the links
    Sure thing ogg. Looking forward to the season. I was out and about the campus last week and caught some of the practices. Going to be interesting. I think I got a case of that football fever. lol Did you happen to get the numbers for the varsity scrimmage?

Quote Originally Posted by LHPfactory View Post
    Who did Burnet Scrimmage and how did it go ?
    There is another thread for this one.

All-State

There is another thread for this one.
    Quit micro managing and read. It was a question about your first opponent , in response to a comment about your first game.
    3rdCROWN12/21/2018

Quote Originally Posted by LHPfactory View Post
    Quit micro managing and read. It was a question about your first opponent , in response to a comment about your first game.
    You know why. lol

All-District
    Blog Entries

Sure thing ogg. Looking forward to the season. I was out and about the campus last week and caught some of the practices. Going to be interesting. I think I got a case of that football fever. lol Did you happen to get the numbers for the varsity scrimmage?
    Cleared scrimmage on the clock at the end Wimbo 3-2. I think only one penalty and their play wasn't too sloppy. Rushing was good, passing was very good. Defense played ok but did allow some long runs and allowed a few open receivers. Lago Vista is mostly a rushing team.

Cleared scrimmage on the clock at the end Wimbo 3-2. I think only one penalty and their play wasn't too sloppy. Rushing was good, passing was very good. Defense played ok but did allow some long runs and allowed a few open receivers. Lago Vista is mostly a rushing team.
    Sounds like a typical scrimmage for Wimberley. Thanks much!

All-District
    Blog Entries

Burnet scrimmaged Austin Crockett. V / JV / & F all did good. JV & F moved ball both running and passing. JV scored few times, held good on defense - AC didn't scores. F scored twice and AC 1x on long pass. Varsity did very good for first scrimmage. Moved ball good both passing and runs, scored 3 or 4 times. Defense held AC to no scores, only couple of first downs. Kept lot of pressure on QB and held runners to losses or little gain. Wimberley @ Burnet first game of season. Burnet scrimmaged @ Brownwood Thursday. Who does Wimberley srimmage ?

All-District
    Blog Entries

Sounds like a typical scrimmage for Wimberley. Thanks much!
    Yeah, well I've seen much worse in years past.

Quote Originally Posted by stardog View Post
    Burnet scrimmaged Austin Crockett. V / JV / & F all did good. JV & F moved ball both running and passing. JV scored few times, held good on defense - AC didn't scores. F scored twice and AC 1x on long pass. Varsity did very good for first scrimmage. Moved ball good both passing and runs, scored 3 or 4 times. Defense held AC to no scores, only couple of first downs. Kept lot of pressure on QB and held runners to losses or little gain. Wimberley @ Burnet first game of season. Burnet scrimmaged @ Brownwood Thursday. Who does Wimberley srimmage ?
    La Vernia.

All-District

“I’m going to go out on a limb here and say from the start of the season until the finish, the improvement on this team is going to be unbelievable,” said Warren.
    I will agree with this.

I will also say that DCTF having us ranked #7 in the state is just absolute laziness. We not only lost a ton of talent, but we lost at least 6 kids who started for three seasons. You don't replace those guys right away. We're going to struggle early because of that, and the tough non-district schedule won't help the optics -- I don't see how we don't lose at least two of those five games.

But playoffs are what matter, and we'll get there, and hopefully we'll be all grown up by that time.

Hey ogg, met this Moses kid. Has athlete written all over him. Only a freshman.