All-State

Default Brownwood @ liberty hill scrimmage

Alright time to line em up and turn em loose.
    Saturday August 18th
    10:00 AM = JV & Freshman
    11:00 AM = Varsity

Just a scrimmage but looking forward to see LH in the live clock game scenario.
    I’m curios how the new Coach will impact Brownwood. He is a local boy, but the big question is did the Lions keep the same Offense and Defense Systems?
    3rdCROWN12/21/2018

Blog Entries

Well, how did it go

All-American

Sounded like liberty Hill dominated 21-7 and 28-7 but it was 1-1 first teams
    Last edited by Bosqueville; 08-18-2018 at 04:34 PM.

All-State

Quote Originally Posted by panfan View Post
    Well, how did it go
    LH Varsity vs Brownwood
    LH 1-1 during scripted for 1s
    LH 1s over Brownwood 1s 3-1 Live Clock.

LH Varsity 2s over Brownwood 2s. 2-1

Tho Offense broke the Brownwood Defense during the 3rd series of the live portion . Bwood had a 6 man front on Defense that out weighed LH man for man but still couldn’t stop the surge. We have some work but it’s looking like they will be excellent.
    Brownwood has some good and talented kids, No one better count the Lions out.
    3rdCROWN12/21/2018

I thought LH backfield looked very good for the second week of football. Everyone back there was running the ball with a purpose. The man to watch is Gonzalez. I haven’t seen a halfback play that well since Fromme back in ‘13-‘14. New QB showed promise with that TD pass to Harrison but there isn’t much of a read on that play so curious how the passing game will be incorporated through him, not that there will be much of one. Missed the first few plays but I didn’t see him run the ball. Much harder as a defense when you have to worry about 4 backs instead of 3. Also, a few fumbles that will surely be fixed when players begin to mesh more and I’m sure Coach Walker will be fixing it himself. Only major concern I see is the secondary depth. After your free safety, super safety, and CB1, there was a major fall off. Gonna be hard covering teams with athletes like La Vega and China Springs.

Letterman

Seems like they're all ready clicking with the run game. I think this may be the most talented D1 has been since the split.

All-State

Quote Originally Posted by LH2AG View Post
    I thought LH backfield looked very good for the second week of football. Everyone back there was running the ball with a purpose. The man to watch is Gonzalez. I haven’t seen a halfback play that well since Fromme back in ‘13-‘14. New QB showed promise with that TD pass to Harrison but there isn’t much of a read on that play so curious how the passing game will be incorporated through him, not that there will be much of one. Missed the first few plays but I didn’t see him run the ball. Much harder as a defense when you have to worry about 4 backs instead of 3. Also, a few fumbles that will surely be fixed when players begin to mesh more and I’m sure Coach Walker will be fixing it himself. Only major concern I see is the secondary depth. After your free safety, super safety, and CB1, there was a major fall off. Gonna be hard covering teams with athletes like La Vega and China Springs.
    Good assessment, you could see Gonzalez, who hasnt played in the backfield, get better by the carry and really started to click, he is a quality athlete. Harrison is already a given and went big with almost every touch, and Schofield upped his game as the scrimmage went on. Cearly at QB is a very competitive player and will be able to run when needed but brings a legitimate passing option to our offense. Save for the early throw into triple coverage in the end zone he had a good game and will only get better with Varsity experience. Our Linebackers looked great along with the secondary you mentioned. D-Line was solid and imposing. O-Line handled the 6 man front and stacked box very well.

Im looking forward to 5A Marble Falls this Friday, they return 16 starters and rumor has it they stated that LH would be their step child if we were in 5A......
    3rdCROWN12/21/2018

All-District
    Blog Entries

Burnet @ Brownwood Thursday 23rd. Plan to come watch the LH / MF scrim.