Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Top 2 teams favored before season at the bottom, they square off in 2 weeks in Sinton.

All-American

Seems like a weak district or one that played tough non-district schedules,2-3 could be a playoff team

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by Scoop27 View Post
    Seems like a weak district or one that played tough non-district schedules,2-3 could be a playoff team
    Maybe just both.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think Rockport and Winton have played much tougher non-district schedules.

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by MUSTANG69 View Post
    I think Rockport and Winton have played much tougher non-district schedules.
    I agree with this. Both Rockport and Sinton will turn on the jets once district play rolls around. Of the two, I believe Rockport is better. IMO, Orange Grove and Sinton are pretty even even though the records don't indicate it.

I think Ingleside will beat West Oso for the 4th spot.

Whoever wins the district will get Progreso in Round 1. Progreso is, well.....Progreso. They lost to Hidalgo last night 10-7. Hidalgo's first win in over 2 years.

Rio Hondo, even though they're unbeaten, has shown in their last 2 games that their defense is suspect. Case in point, gave up 42 to La Grulla last night, and gave up 33 to Brownsville St. Joseph the previous week. Keep that St. Joe score in mind!

Raymondville has blown out their last few opponents (45-10 over Kingsville last week) after a Week 1 loss to La Feria

Port Isabel is coming on strong. After some opening losses to Brownsville Porter and Pharr Valley View, who is also unbeaten btw, have begun to play well, especially on defense. Last night they shut out Brownsville St. Joseph 37-0. The very same Brownsville St. Joseph team that dropped 33 on unbeaten Rio Hondo two weeks ago. PI also gave La Feria a massive scare the previous week taking the Lions to the 4th Qtr tied at 14 before a fumbled punt return was converted to a TD for La Feria that turned out to be the game winner.
    Last edited by TarponFanInNorthTexas; 09-30-2018 at 01:49 AM.

Practice Squad

Rockport wont lose a football game in the next 2 months or so

Quote Originally Posted by RkptFltn View Post
    Rockport wont lose a football game in the next 2 months or so
    I bet Sinton and Orange Grove have something to say about that.

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by MUSTANG69 View Post
    I bet Sinton and Orange Grove have something to say about that.
    Sinton is allowing more than 50 points on D. And the O ain't much better. Until they shore up that defense they won't win a game this year...and that includes Bruni!

Quote Originally Posted by sinfan75 View Post
    Sinton is allowing more than 50 points on D. And the O ain't much better. Until they shore up that defense they won't win a game this year...and that includes Bruni!
    I'm sure things will be different for Sinton when district starts.

All-American

Nah, Sinton will beat Bruni. After that though......

Quote Originally Posted by TarponFanInNorthTexas View Post
    Nah, Sinton will beat Bruni. After that though......
    They don't have the big time play makers, they lost two of them in Devin Orta to Alice and Brandon Gonzales that was rule ineligible so transfer back to Victoria West both were key players to this sr group. They have some soph and jrs gaining experience and sr group improving.

They'll pick it up starting with Rockport{i know Bruni is next but won't get much credit in that game if they show improvement there), they will be playing better by playoff time.

those averages will drop

Week 6
    Friday Oct 5th
    Sinton Pirates at Bruni Badgers @ 7 pm Badger Stadium

Zapata Hawks at Ingleside Mustangs @ 7:30 pm Mustang Stadium

Raymondville Bearkats at Orange Grove Bulldogs @ 7:30 pm Bulldog Stadium

Fr Rylan Galvan (twin brother also in varsity) with a big game and Sr Christian Bess with back to back 100+ yard rushing game. District opener at home against Rockport-Fulton.