Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Twirling Time View Post
    I'd watch out for Melissa to win this district. They're loaded with extreme talent and on the fast track to 5A.

Celina is a hard No. 3 in this district. The transfers they used to get from the Metroplex are now moseying nine miles north to a smaller school.
    I wouldn't count Paris out of the 3rd place spot. They seem to always be in the middle of everything. I do think however that Melissa, Celina Argyle and Paris are almost a lock for the playoffs.
    1stand10

All-American

I'd watch out for Melissa to win this district. They're loaded with extreme talent and on the fast track to 5A.

Celina is a hard No. 3 in this district. The transfers they used to get from the Metroplex are now moseying nine miles north to a smaller school.

We never got as many transfers as people liked to think.

But, I think you're right about Melissa. To me, they're the favorite to win this district. They are stacked from top-to-bottom on both sides of the ball. And they're STILL young. You can never count Argyle out, though, especially if they're as good as what regal has said in this post. I'm not certain they'll be that good, just because losing Copeland and Williams is going to hurt. But their offensive line may be good enough to carry them through the early portion of the schedule.

For Celina, I think they'll be much better than last year. Wouldn't surprise me at all to see them upset either Argyle or Melissa. Moving Ross from QB to receiver/athlete, I think, is going to pay big dividends. And the defense is going to have some absolute playmakers. Going to be a fun season in this district and postseason, for sure.
    Texas Forever.

All-American
    Blog Entries

One thing is for sure.......the players get thru these very hot 2-a-days better nowadays with the rules and are in better shape coming in than in the old days. The off-season programs have really helped the players in so many ways to be better and ready starting off the season. These first couple of games it should be very hot on the field......hopefully not much cramping and injuries will occur if the players are ready and in top condition. The heat is really fierce.
    Yesterdays are gone forever and tomorrows may never happen, but today you have the opportunity to make a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by d0tc0m View Post
    We never got as many transfers as people liked to think.

But, I think you're right about Melissa. To me, they're the favorite to win this district. They are stacked from top-to-bottom on both sides of the ball. And they're STILL young. You can never count Argyle out, though, especially if they're as good as what regal has said in this post. I'm not certain they'll be that good, just because losing Copeland and Williams is going to hurt. But their offensive line may be good enough to carry them through the early portion of the schedule.

For Celina, I think they'll be much better than last year. Wouldn't surprise me at all to see them upset either Argyle or Melissa. Moving Ross from QB to receiver/athlete, I think, is going to pay big dividends. And the defense is going to have some absolute playmakers. Going to be a fun season in this district and postseason, for sure.
    I agree moving Ross makes Celinas offense much better, he and Point could make a pretty dangerous pair.
    1stand10

Starter

Melissa gets Argyle home in Week 9.

Celina, though, gets both Melissa and Argyle at home. That's where the story will be told.
    24 down ... 24 to go.

Practice Squad

Melissa gets Argyle home in Week 9.

Celina, though, gets both Melissa and Argyle at home. That's where the story will be told.
    Here's an interesting piece of news: Hayden Clearman, last year's QB, is on the roster as a DB and Hunter Martindale and Bo Hogeboom are in a battle for the Starting QB spot. I don't know if these two are new move-ins but I've never heard of them. They are also inserting a new offensive scheme with new offensive coach Tate Wallis who was at Baylor. This is going to be an interesting season. They just keep reloading.

Starter

I don't have enough information to offer much insight of any of these teams and since after 42 years of growing up in Celina and now moved I really don't know any of the kids who play . My thoughts on football thought always starts with the offensive line and the defense. Which ever team has the best combination of those two in my humble opinion will win out between the other two teams .

Junior Varsity

Clearman is moving back to DB. Hogeboom was on the JV squad most of last year. Martin dale is a move in from SLC

All-District

Argyle gets some move-ins. Last year the QB moved in as a senior. This year another move-in from SLC? Argyle is fortunate to be in an area with a lot of talent, and also have an awesome program and school that kids want to play for and attend.

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by Caveman View Post
    Here's an interesting piece of news: Hayden Clearman, last year's QB, is on the roster as a DB and Hunter Martindale and Bo Hogeboom are in a battle for the Starting QB spot. I don't know if these two are new move-ins but I've never heard of them. They are also inserting a new offensive scheme with new offensive coach Tate Wallis who was at Baylor. This is going to be an interesting season. They just keep reloading.

This was my question for Regal earlier in the post. I knew Martindale moved in. Haven't heard of the other young man, but I suspect it will be the SLC boy slinging the pigskin around this year. This is probably a good move, as Clearman will be pretty solid in the secondary on defense. I imagine they can still utilize him, offensively, too, if needed.

What's the word on Argyle's new scheme? What are they moving to this season?
    Texas Forever.

Practice Squad

Quote Originally Posted by d0tc0m View Post
    This was my question for Regal earlier in the post. I knew Martindale moved in. Haven't heard of the other young man, but I suspect it will be the SLC boy slinging the pigskin around this year. This is probably a good move, as Clearman will be pretty solid in the secondary on defense. I imagine they can still utilize him, offensively, too, if needed.

What's the word on Argyle's new scheme? What are they moving to this season?
    Argyle has a big, mean, nasty O line anchored by an OSU commit and a running back that loves contact. With a slinger in the backfield and a great group of WR's I suspect we're going spread.

All-District

Quote Originally Posted by Caveman View Post
    Argyle has a big, mean, nasty O line anchored by an OSU commit and a running back that loves contact. With a slinger in the backfield and a great group of WR's I suspect we're going spread.
    Carthage has the same. Would love to se that matchup. Our O-Line is gonna be anchored by Ty’Kiest Crawford who just vomited to Baylor as an incoming junior. Tough senior RB who looks for contact. That would be fun o watch each offense trying to impose their wil.

But I do wonder why run the spread when you are dominant up front? Carthage will spend a lot of time this year in 22 and 12 personnel. Put 2 TE our therr, get under center, and pound the damn rock. If you watch Ingram’s senior highlights, 90% of the big runs had 2 TE. A lot also had a FB. QB under center. Spread is cool, but one of the reasons Carthage has dominated teams is become hey line up in pro-sets.

Speaking of O-Lines, I have seen where LH is going to be really good up front.

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgs View Post
    Our O-Line is gonna be anchored by Ty’Kiest Crawford who just vomited to Baylor
    He projectile vomited 170 miles??? That is some talent right there.

All-District

Quote Originally Posted by Aesculus gilmus View Post
    He projectile vomited 170 miles??? That is some talent right there.
    Lol!! Dang auto correct!

I just re-read that post. Good lord there was some terrible spelling. Don’t know what I was doing!

All-American
    Blog Entries

Hogeboom was a soph. qb on the varsity roster last season......he's not related to Hogeboom the Cowboys ex-qb......just the same name. The kid has some size and has done the work......I think he's a junior this season. He saw some sporadic action last season when the games were well in hand, and looks like he has some good tools. Martindale was a junior last season on the team and played some qb at the JV level. Both of these players have been in Argyle for several years now......not newbies or move-ins. I think it makes sense to try to bring along Hogeboom this season with Martindale and Clearman being seniors. Clearman is clearly a valuable asset in the secondary......pardon the pun. He's very athletic and can be slotted anywhere the coaches need him.....on offense or defense......good move IMO. I thnk I remember Martindale playing on the defensive side of the ball and on some special teams last season. Clearman was the backup qb and Hogeboom the backup to the backup last season.
    Last edited by regaleagle; 08-08-2018 at 11:14 PM.
    Yesterdays are gone forever and tomorrows may never happen, but today you have the opportunity to make a difference.