Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    All-American
    Blog Entries

I'm guessing that you will see Argyle running multiple offensive sets with the skill players they have on the team this season. Some of these players can play a number of positions on offense very effectively.......so I don't think Argyle will be lacking at the rb position. Lots of quality in the receiving corps for sure......if the qb turns out to be a real threat running and passing it. Hogeboom does have some experience at SS on defense, so he has some speed and moves. Not sure if the coaching staff will let him run it.....or just have him directing the action and throwing it. Not sure about Martindale's full skill set yet either......we'll find out shortly. Both of these players saw limited minutes last season on the varsity compared to the starters. But when you win every game scoring lots of points.....limited action at Argyle is akin to lots of action on other teams......so both have some seasoning playing against varsity starters.
    Yesterdays are gone forever and tomorrows may never happen, but today you have the opportunity to make a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by regaleagle View Post
    I'm guessing that you will see Argyle running multiple offensive sets with the skill players they have on the team this season. Some of these players can play a number of positions on offense very effectively.......so I don't think Argyle will be lacking at the rb position. Lots of quality in the receiving corps for sure......if the qb turns out to be a real threat running and passing it. Hogeboom does have some experience at SS on defense, so he has some speed and moves. Not sure if the coaching staff will let him run it.....or just have him directing the action and throwing it. Not sure about Martindale's full skill set yet either......we'll find out shortly. Both of these players saw limited minutes last season on the varsity compared to the starters. But when you win every game scoring lots of points.....limited action at Argyle is akin to lots of action on other teams......so both have some seasoning playing against varsity starters.
    Didn't celinas jv bday argyles last year?
    1stand10

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by orange machine View Post
    Didn't celinas jv bday argyles last year?
    I believe so. It was also rumored to be very festive and I even heard there was a piñata
    **<Current Month> Hot Girl of the Month**

Quote Originally Posted by Old Tiger View Post
    I believe so. It was also rumored to be very festive and I even heard there was a piñata
    Lmao beat Haha
    1stand10

All-American

Lmao beat Haha

Yes, they did. Celina's JV was very good last year.
    Texas Forever.

All-American
    Blog Entries

Hogeboom and Martindale were varsity players last season.....not on the JV.
    Yesterdays are gone forever and tomorrows may never happen, but today you have the opportunity to make a difference.

All-American
    Blog Entries

Here's some more good news for this season's Eagles......Seniors Dillon Carter and Brandon White will be back on the football field this year. Carter was an all-district selection in his soph season in 2016 in the secondary with 2 interceptions and 52 tackles......5th on the team. Now he's geared for an even better season after sitting out in 2017 with a verbal in baseball to TCU. Brandon White is a 6'6 starter and leader on the basketball team, but played as a wideout his freshman season before breaking his wrist. He's been concentrating on basketball the past two seasons, but has opted to play his senior year with the football team and will use his height, hands, and leaping ability to catch passes for the Eagles this season. Both players are welcome additions back to the team this season, and the coaches are all fired up for a great season.

All-American
    Blog Entries

Carter was also the full-time punter on the team in 2016, and will assume those duties again this year. He was selected as the all-district punter in 2016 as well. Carter also played some quarterback in his soph season, and is very capable of playing receiver like his older brother did for the Eagles. He has excelled in baseball as a top pick as a center fielder on Argyle's National Championship Baseball team last season. I fully expect to see both of these talented athletes play a very important role for the team this season......in whatever positions they are slotted.
    Last edited by regaleagle; 08-23-2018 at 08:27 PM.

Watching the Argyle Grapevine scrimmage. Argyle is real good and the oline is big, but I thought they would be better. They dont run block very good. They do pass block good, but grapevine is killing Argyles running backs.

Argyle has no deep threat and wants to throw the ball short to within 15 yards.

Number 70 for Argyle on the oline is a pretty dirty player. I've seen him 3 times now cheap shot a grapevine player. He just got a 15 yard penalty.

Argyle is gonna make the money on defense, they fly to the ball and are good run stoppers, but if you have a good passing game and a deep threat Argyle looks like they will be in a little trouble. Argyles secondary isnt very fast either.

Overall they appear to be a good team in mid season form, but they are not world beaters. In saying that you gonna have to play your A game to beat them.
    1stand10

Grapevine just wore Argyles defense out passing the ball for a td drive.
    1stand10

Argyle won live at 21 to 7.

Argyle is a good team and looks to be in mid season form which you would expect from a mostly senior team. They can make a run.
    1stand10

Practice Squad

Argyle won live at 21 to 7.

Argyle is a good team and looks to be in mid season form which you would expect from a mostly senior team. They can make a run.
    Don't forget Grapevine is a former 6a team that's supposed to win it's district. How many 4a teams could beat this team as handily as they did tonight?

All-American
    Blog Entries

Argyle's O-line is still not in form yet......not a team or blocking unit on the runs. They do pass block very well. Argyle's secondary intercepted 2 passes, and got burned on one long ball. The Grapevine speedster wideout would burn any D-back on any team as long as the qb could get him the ball......he's a definitive threat when he catches one......you cannot match up with him in the open field and will not catch him from behind. Other than that guy and a tall #14 at qb that can really throw it well......Argyle outplayed Grapevine in every category. Argyle's O-line will need some time to come together, but still opened a few holes for both rb's to break some long runs. Maybe those LB's for Grapevine and their D-Line should get some credit. Denison last week was not nearly as effective on the lines as Grapevine was. Grapevine went 9-3 last season in D1 5A playoffs. Dillon Carter looked good tonite for not having any practice behind him. He will definitely be a force in the secondary. Brendan Dixon intercepted one also. Overall, this scrimmage gave both teams some looks and play they both needed. Lots of room for improvement on both sides......both teams have some talent. Both teams are playoff contenders for a regional title, IMO. The qb's for Argyle did not disappoint.....again. I can imagine watching this team at the start of district play......they will be much improved by then.

All-American
    Blog Entries

On a side note......I was not very impressed with all the high and low snaps from the Argyle center. He will definitely need to improve in the long snap category.....he needs more consistency to help out the qbs for a smoother offensive transition. That little thing would vastly improve the way the offense clicks.

Dave Campbell has them picked to place 3rd. I was kinda surprised at how small Grapevine was and the lack of skilled players.
    1stand10