Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default 2018 - 3AD1 Discussion

I see that 3A stays pretty dead on this forum, but I thought I would give it a proper thread anyways. What's everyone's thoughts on 3AD1 this year? Who do y'all have picked to be standing at the end?
    Atlanta Rabbits
    District Champs: 41, 45, 46, 47, 49, 50, 51, 53, 54, 57, 64, 66, 68, 70, 77, 78, 90, 91, 92, 94, 95, 98, 99, 01, 02, 03, 06
    Bi-District Champs: 48, 64, 77, 92, 94, 95, 98, 99, 01, 02, 03, 06, 12, 13, 14, 15
    Area Champs: 92, 94, 99, 03, 14, 15
    Regional Champs: 64, 92, 94, 99, 02, 03, 14, 15
    QF, SF Champs: 94, 03
    State Champs: 03

Goliad. "If" they survive that brutal district schedule against Edna, Hallettsville and Yoakum.
    YnoT us?

Quote Originally Posted by YTBulldogs View Post
    Goliad. "If" they survive that brutal district schedule against Edna, Hallettsville and Yoakum.
    That will be interesting. Looks as if the Yoakum/Goliad game last year wasn't really a contest. I know Yoakum lost a lot to graduation, but they obviously know something about beating them, because they've done it 2 years in a row. Looks like they've got a pretty good trio though in QB/RB/WR.
    Atlanta Rabbits
    District Champs: 41, 45, 46, 47, 49, 50, 51, 53, 54, 57, 64, 66, 68, 70, 77, 78, 90, 91, 92, 94, 95, 98, 99, 01, 02, 03, 06
    Bi-District Champs: 48, 64, 77, 92, 94, 95, 98, 99, 01, 02, 03, 06, 12, 13, 14, 15

Quote Originally Posted by H3llR4z0r View Post
    That will be interesting. Looks as if the Yoakum/Goliad game last year wasn't really a contest. I know Yoakum lost a lot to graduation, but they obviously know something about beating them, because they've done it 2 years in a row. Looks like they've got a pretty good trio though in QB/RB/WR.
    Yeah, Goliad is loaded. Ex-Yoakum coach as HC, so he knows us well. We (Yoakum) did lose a lot at RB, WR. But, very talented kid's to fill them vacancy's. But, till they do it as starters at varsity level, has to be a question mark certainly. Having 2 dependable, and above average senior QB's (one likely moving to a WR spot however) behind a veteran line ---helps to develop those new replacements at RB. Lanes will be open. Backs just need to be patient, let it develop -- then hit with their blazing speed.

On defense, we will be better as majority returns. And those newbies slotted in as starters, got plenty of reps last year in most games. Bo, loves playing the entire roster. Should pay off hopefully this year?

Your Rabbits certainly appear set to make a serious run to Jerry's World. Wow, are they loaded or what? Best of luck bud, and enjoy the ride this season.
    YnoT us?

I grew up in Daingerfield. I recall back in the day---the Epps Brothers from Atlanta. Boy, they were amazing. I recall a 6-3 final one year, Atlanta beating us, in Atlanta. Winner got into playoffs as district champ. Like around 1979'ish if memory serves me correct. Some very talented teams stayed home when playoffs started back then.
    YnoT us?

Yeah, Goliad is loaded. Ex-Yoakum coach as HC, so he knows us well. We (Yoakum) did lose a lot at RB, WR. But, very talented kid's to fill them vacancy's. But, till they do it as starters at varsity level, has to be a question mark certainly. Having 2 dependable, and above average senior QB's (one likely moving to a WR spot however) behind a veteran line ---helps to develop those new replacements at RB. Lanes will be open. Backs just need to be patient, let it develop -- then hit with their blazing speed.

On defense, we will be better as majority returns. And those newbies slotted in as starters, got plenty of reps last year in most games. Bo, loves playing the entire roster. Should pay off hopefully this year?

Your Rabbits certainly appear set to make a serious run to Jerry's World. Wow, are they loaded or what? Best of luck bud, and enjoy the ride this season.
    We have some real good players coming back, that's for certain. Only thing we really lack is size, but that's nothing new here.

Yea 79' would be a bit before my time, but I have heard the Epps name a lot. And yes, lots of very talented teams stayed at home back in the day. It also used to not matter who you played either. Atlanta's past schedules have tons of schools that they wouldn't dare be paired up with now, both big and small. Crazy how things change with time.
    Atlanta Rabbits

All-American
    Blog Entries

Yoakum, Goliad, Edna, and Hallettsville will ALL survive to play for a regional championship in the playoffs this season if all goes well for each team. George West is another team that could make some noise in the playoffs in Region 4. What about Marion??? Will they be a playoff contender this season?
    Yesterdays are gone forever and tomorrows may never happen, but today you have the opportunity to make a difference.

Junior Varsity

Helloooooooo? Where’s all the 3A posters? My Yoakum Bulldogs are gearing up for another long run into the playoffs. I’m hearing Jerry Longs Edna Cowboys have some studs and Goliad wants some payback, Bring it on!

Quote Originally Posted by bluecat View Post
    Helloooooooo? Where’s all the 3A posters? My Yoakum Bulldogs are gearing up for another long run into the playoffs. I’m hearing Jerry Longs Edna Cowboys have some studs and Goliad wants some payback, Bring it on!
    How are the Bull dogs looking this year? I haven’t had a chance to look at them this year !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "GO MEAN GREEN"
    When we're bad, we're good. When we're good, we're BAD !
    767-380-38

Dog's coming along OG. Vet line, should create some running lanes. Senior QB's (one will be primary WR/S). Solid corp of RB's and WR's. Overall, I think team is ahead of last years team. Corners need to improve in coverage. Bo will have them where they need to be come playoffs. If they could win a game or two in non-district games ( Boerne, Cuero, Gonzales, Needville, Sinton) I'd be happy. An 0-5 start would not surprise me either. They're district encounters with Hallettsville, Edna and Goliad, no walks in the park there either. They better come ready each Friday night.
    YnoT us?

Quote Originally Posted by bluecat View Post
    Picking Goliad to win district. They are loaded. But, I think we will nip them in playoffs. Should be exciting season bluecat.
    YnoT us?

Dog's coming along OG. Vet line, should create some running lanes. Senior QB's (one will be primary WR/S). Solid corp of RB's and WR's. Overall, I think team is ahead of last years team. Corners need to improve in coverage. Bo will have them where they need to be come playoffs. If they could win a game or two in non-district games ( Boerne, Cuero, Gonzales, Needville, Sinton) I'd be happy. An 0-5 start would not surprise me either. They're district encounters with Hallettsville, Edna and Goliad, no walks in the park there either. They better come ready each Friday night.
    Sounds good. Solid lineman and good Qb’s are good starting point. The Bulldawgs are going to surprise a lot of teams this year with their tenacity.

"GO MEAN GREEN"
    When we're bad, we're good. When we're good, we're BAD !
    767-380-38

Quote Originally Posted by Old Green View Post
    Sounds good. Solid lineman and good Qb’s are good starting point. The Bulldawgs are going to surprise a lot of teams this year with their tenacity.

Well, when you lose four D1's (Texas, a&m, Ark and Texas St.) off last years club, you'd think we'd be in trouble. By Bo playing nearly all of roster each game, builds that depth and experience. Makes them want some of what them 4 got from last year too.
    YnoT us?

All-American
    Blog Entries

Goliad gets Refugio in Refugio this week.......that will tell us alot about the Tigers this year. If Refugio wins big, then Goliad has more work to do before district and the playoffs. If Goliad gets the win at Bobcat Stadium......then look out!! My brother tells me the guys were missing the confidence they needed last year in the playoffs, but are much more confident starting out this season. This will most definitely be a great game to watch tonite.......maybe an all out slugfest to the end. I know Refugio will play hard to the last second, regardless. They are accustomed to winning even when the chips are down......so Goliad better be ready for a 4th quarter war. Goliad has all the ingredients in place to match up with Refugio this season......except that they haven't been past the 3rd Round of playoffs before, and NEVER to a State Finals game in football. So that can make a difference when playing a perennial like Refugio. Other than that intangible.....I look for Goliad to be able to win this game if they keep the mistakes to a minimum. GRRRR......Tear Em Up Tigers!!!
    Yesterdays are gone forever and tomorrows may never happen, but today you have the opportunity to make a difference.

All-American
    Blog Entries

Goliad absolutely overpowered Refugio and shut them down in their stadium before a packed house 35-0. One TD was called back on a very questionable flag early. Refugio had 7 first downs all night. When is the last time Refugio lost in their own stadium??? When is the last time Refugio has not scored any points in their own stadium??? When is the last time Refugio was shut out??? This year's Goliad Tigers came into Bobcat Stadium full of confidence and swagger. From the opening kickoff it was total domination on both sides of the ball by the Tigers. Refugio had no answer for the many weapons Goliad had on the field. The Tiger defense time and again stopped any Bobcat drive and many times with 3 and outs. Both teams have some work to do to improve. Refugio started a freshman at qb.....6-1, 180 lbs......he'll most likely be a good one. But not on this night early in this season against a highly ranked Class 3A D-1 Goliad Tigers team. Goliad gets a very capable George West Longhorns team with their stellar qb next week.