Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    All-American
    Blog Entries

Hey Yoakum.....what a great program victory over a very good Cuero Gobbler team last night. The loss the previous week to a good Boerne team(4A-D1) in the very first game of this season only helped your team and coaches to improve some areas of concern. Looks like the Bulldogs will be a force in the playoffs and a major contender this year again. Goliad, Edna, and Hallettsville are all in your district this season......all playoff contenders also, IMHO. Good Stuff!!

BTW: Cuero is 4A also and ranked in 4A in the Top Ten, but not anymore!! Yoakum's stock just rose considerably. Don't sell out just yet, LOL. Your stock is rising on the market.
    Yesterdays are gone forever and tomorrows may never happen, but today you have the opportunity to make a difference.

All-American
    Blog Entries

Goliad went into to Refugio and took no prisoners. A TD was called back early on a very questionable flag for offensive holding.....according to my brother. Of course......the Goliad side was packed full with fans standing on the sidelines for this one. Refugio gained 6 first downs all night.....that's it. My brother says the stands on the Refugio side was half-empty by the 4th quarter......they can't accept taking the same medicine they've been giving out all these years. It was payback time for many years for Goliad......and they didn't even stick the knife in deeper like they could have......like Refugio is famous for doing to many teams. My brother figures they came from all around to watch Refugio lose......not just Goliad fans. They figured Goliad was just the team to do it......the timing and scenario was ripe for it. Refugio has a freshman starting at qb......but he's no typical freshman......about 6-1, 180 and has some talent. Refugio beat a pretty decent Tidehaven group the week before 35-0......and Goliad matched that score against Refugio on this night.....35-0. It's been a loooong time since Refugio has been shut out.....I think someone said 2001 in a playoff game. It's been even longer than that since they've been shutout in their own stadium......but nobody seems to know how long. Goliad had 398 yds of total offense......I think they kept Refugio under 100.....it wasn't published. I heard they gained 1.45 yds per carry and had 12 rushes for negative yardage. It was a beat down and total domination by the Tigers. Goliad gets the high-octane offensive George West Longhorns at home this week......GW won 77-12 last week. That's alot of scoring.....I don't care who you played. They defeated a good Orange Grove team the week before 38-24.....so both teams are undefeated coming into this week's contest. I think I'll pick Goliad to win this one too. But GW is no slouch.....their qb Dakota Wallek(6-3, 180) passed for over 2100 yds in 12 games last season as a junior. Goliad did win last season's contest in George West 40-13.
    Yesterdays are gone forever and tomorrows may never happen, but today you have the opportunity to make a difference.

All-American
    Blog Entries

Goliad(3-0) 47
    George West(2-1) 13

Yoakum(2-1) 33
    Gonzales(1-2) 14

Rockdale(2-1) 29
    Lexington(2-1) 27

Look at them apples, Huh?
    Last edited by regaleagle; 09-14-2018 at 05:28 AM.

All-American
    Blog Entries

Looks to me like the Gladewater Bears out of Region 2 are underrated and a serious contender to win that region in 3A-D1. Last week they went into Texarkana and defeated the Class 4A-D2 undefeated State Champ Pleasant Grove Hawks in their own stadium 44-37 to snap a 17-game winning streak......it was a legitimate upset win. Gladewater was in Class 4A-D2 last season, but dropped down to 3A-D2 this season. They have Atlanta in their district that also dropped down this season. Don't sleep on either of these teams, but only one team can come out of Region 2.

All-American
    Blog Entries

The Yoakum Bulldogs looked very impressive again last week in their win over a Class 4A-D1 team.....the Needville Bluejays. Both teams were 2-1 for the season and both teams had good offenses, but Yoakum commanded this game and won easily 42-21. Needville ain't no slouch in 4A.....they will have a good season and will most probably go several rounds in the playoffs. But the Bulldogs have 2 outstanding RB's......Montreal Jones and Mayson Arkadie......both run lightning fast and Jones is just a beast to tackle as well. Right now.....I would definitely say Yoakum is ahead of Goliad and Edna this season with their team and its ability to execute on the Gridiron of Glory each week. Goliad has the personnel and the room to make huge improvement in its game and execution before the playoffs get here......but they are not there yet like Yoakum is already early this season. Don't know that much about Edna's ground and pound offense......but they are good and also have a good defense as well. While Goliad and Edna are still undefeated this season, the Yoakum Bulldogs only loss came in the first game of the season against Class 4A-D1 opponent Boerne......a very good team. Yoakum has played only 4A opponents so far this season and has reeled off some impressive wins against a very tough and competitive schedule against larger classification schools......impressive wins. Yep.....right now those Yoakum Bulldogs are ahead of their competition in Class 3A for playing up to their potential very early this season.....better than both Goliad and Edna for sure.
    Last edited by regaleagle; 09-25-2018 at 10:06 AM.