Quote Originally Posted by Aesculus gilmus View Post
Well, the Gilmer coaches aren't stupid. They KNOW the problem is on defense and so extra emphasis is being given to this, I've been told.

They are going to field players who can run at least as fast as safeties typically can, if possible, even in the front seven.

Frankly, I don't know if this team has enough speed to be able to do that. But they'll give it their best shot and do better than expected, I hope.

One thing that hasn't changed is that every Buckeye team will go toe-to-toe with every opponent, no matter how gifted and talented the latter is, on every play of the game to the last whistle.

There's no quit in these guys and hasn't been for about 20 years now.

QB is a question mark to me on offense. He's probably better than I think. Again, I hope so. Everyone's rooting for him because of his late dad's story. I still miss the guy.

Gilmer has certainly always had the athletes to field a great defense. Seems like they've always spent them on offense, though, and, I suppose that's OK. Hopefully, you guys will get it figured out on that side of the ball this year and your new QB will have a lot of success. If that happens, look out.

I'd love to see Celina and Gilmer get a pre-district matchup going, especially now that we're not going to see each other in the postseason again. Maybe it'll happen.