Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    All-American

Default Where are Grant and Terry?

I'm bored. Give us some content. You don't need a summer break.
    Texas Forever.

All-American

I think I saw where they were going to do a show the other night. Rough weekend. I really don't remember.
    Originally posted by Ranger Mom
    Umm...what is a sweet beaver??
    the best kind???

Quote Originally Posted by lostaussie View Post
    I think I saw where they were going to do a show the other night. Rough weekend. I really don't remember.
    What kind of show are we talking about here?

Buckeye P.R.I.D.E.

Why, Midget Wrestling of course.

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by poisoned10 View Post

They're still reeling from the critique I had of a preview show they did last July.

07-14-2017, 10:50 AM #16
    All-American

I hope I am wrong as they're in our district, but I think you left out the sleeper team of 4A Division II and that's the Pleasant Grove Hawks.

From watching their touch football team, it looks to me as if they've been doing some successful intra-city recruiting (which is totally legit and legal) in Texarkana.

Of course, one of our Buckeyes has come home from Aledo to help deal with this threat. We always welcome anybody named Webb back to Buckeyeland.

2013, 2015, 2016 3ADL FF Champ jason's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by poisoned10 View Post

annual donkey show probably

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by Aesculus gilmus View Post
    They're still reeling from the critique I had of a preview show they did last July.

07-14-2017, 10:50 AM #16
    All-American

I hope I am wrong as they're in our district, but I think you left out the sleeper team of 4A Division II and that's the Pleasant Grove Hawks.

From watching their touch football team, it looks to me as if they've been doing some successful intra-city recruiting (which is totally legit and legal) in Texarkana.

Of course, one of our Buckeyes has come home from Aledo to help deal with this threat. We always welcome anybody named Webb back to Buckeyeland.

Revisionist history.
    Texas Forever.

Quote Originally Posted by d0tc0m View Post
    Revisionist history.
    I remember him posting that, but like most others I thought he was crazy. It turns out he was right.
    "Kaizen"

".......offense wins games, but DEFENSE wins championships!"

P.R.I.D.E.

Gilmer Buckeyes -State Champions:

2004 3A - Division II
    2009 3A - Division I
    2014 4A - Division II
    2023 4A - Division II

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by waterboy View Post
    I remember him posting that, but like most others I thought he was crazy. It turns out he was right.

I'm just giving the ol' boy a hard time. He deserves some kudos for such a great prediction. I don't think I started to believe in PG until they beat Gilmer. And then when they beat Celina in the manner in which they did, I figured there wasn't anybody left in the state that could beat them. I really do think they would have given Carthage all they could handle last year.
    Texas Forever.

Quote Originally Posted by d0tc0m View Post
    I'm just giving the ol' boy a hard time. He deserves some kudos for such a great prediction. I don't think I started to believe in PG until they beat Gilmer. And then when they beat Celina in the manner in which they did, I figured there wasn't anybody left in the state that could beat them. I really do think they would have given Carthage all they could handle last year.
    I didn't believe him, either. I'm not sure he was even "sold" on them, or at least not until they beat us. I would've loved to have seen them match up with Carthage, too. It would've been a really good game and fun to watch. We played both teams. The thing about Carthage is they have the X factor in Surratt. I would never bet against him in a championship game. PG had a special year with special players, had the heart of a champion, and a very real belief that they were not going to be denied. Who knows for sure what would've happened?
    "Kaizen"

".......offense wins games, but DEFENSE wins championships!"

P.R.I.D.E.

Gilmer Buckeyes -State Champions:

2004 3A - Division II
    2009 3A - Division I
    2014 4A - Division II
    2023 4A - Division II

All-American

That night Pleasant Grove played us in Gilmer, it seemed to me as if the Buckeyes were going uphill and the Hawks downhill the entire game.

After that game, I really didn't want to see a rematch either. I think they could have hung with Carthage definitely.

If Gilmer were ever to field an actual defense on a consistent basis, we could have Carthaginian greatness here, I believe.

BTW, one of PG's best returning starters was going to Gilmer until a couple of years ago.

#40 Landon Jackson started as a 6'5" freshman last year. His mom still lives a few blocks from Traylor Stadium, I've heard.

Gilmer is now winning based on the strength and tradition of the program. It's the other schools IMO who are more into recruiting (not necessarily illegally either just as it was never proven to me that anything Gilmer was doing under Traylor was illegal; people just wanted to play for the Buckeyes).

Quote Originally Posted by Aesculus gilmus View Post

BTW, one of PG's best returning starters was going to Gilmer until a couple of years ago.

#40 Landon Jackson started as a 6'5" freshman last year. His mom still lives a few blocks from Traylor Stadium, I've heard.
    What a dumb move!

Buckeye P.R.I.D.E.

All-American

Harmony didn't do much in the playoffs, but they went undefeated in the regular season.

Their top two players, I was told, were transfers FROM GILMER into Harmony ISD.

I can't see this happening if Traylor were still here.

I'm not sure their QB could have started in place of Poppy, but he damn sure could have been a factor on defense. The RB could have also.

Both could have contributed on offense. They just might have had to switch positions.

All-American

How's Gilmer gonna look this year? Same ol' Buckeyes? Lots of offense, no defense?
    Texas Forever.

All-American

Well, the Gilmer coaches aren't stupid. They KNOW the problem is on defense and so extra emphasis is being given to this, I've been told.

They are going to field players who can run at least as fast as safeties typically can, if possible, even in the front seven.

Frankly, I don't know if this team has enough speed to be able to do that. But they'll give it their best shot and do better than expected, I hope.

One thing that hasn't changed is that every Buckeye team will go toe-to-toe with every opponent, no matter how gifted and talented the latter is, on every play of the game to the last whistle.

There's no quit in these guys and hasn't been for about 20 years now.

QB is a question mark to me on offense. He's probably better than I think. Again, I hope so. Everyone's rooting for him because of his late dad's story. I still miss the guy.