Page 5 of 35 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    All-American
    Blog Entries

Now Henley chips in a flop shot for birdie just off the green to go back into a tie at 2-under. Thomas is past the pin on #9 also.....you just cannot hit it short of the pin today....it could roll off the green.
    Yesterdays are gone forever and tomorrows may never happen, but today you have the opportunity to make a difference.

All-American
    Blog Entries

Henley is playing up ahead of DJ on the 13th hole now....his approach to the green leaves him with about a 20 footer for birdie.
    Yesterdays are gone forever and tomorrows may never happen, but today you have the opportunity to make a difference.

All-American
    Blog Entries

The wind gusts are now at about 18 mph.....no worse than many days playing golf in Dallas, Texas.....really. Those poor professional golfers!! But the wind is not nearly at HOT!!! And they have the water on the coastline to keep them cool. I reckon the temps there are somewhere in the mild 80's today.

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by regaleagle View Post
    The wind gusts are now at about 18 mph.....no worse than many days playing golf in Dallas, Texas.....really. Those poor professional golfers!! But the wind is not nearly at HOT!!! And they have the water on the coastline to keep them cool. I reckon the temps there are somewhere in the mild 80's today.

You should've gone pro, regal.
    Texas Forever.

All-American
    Blog Entries

30 mph gusts are one thing, but 18 mph gusts should not be a big deal to golfers.....just sayin'. Now change your channel to Fox Network CBS for the rest of today's coverage.

All-American
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by d0tc0m View Post
    You should've gone pro, regal.
    I grew up in a small town in an agrarian environment with a 9-hole course. I did take some lessons at age 9 from the pro at Beeville CC. My Dad was a scratch golfer and played over there with Stanley Wright(the pro) all the time. I was pretty good considering the circumstances and the era....but back then golf was not nearly as popular as it is today and there were very few scholarships available to golfers from small towns. My era was 3 yrs behind Ben Crenshaw. Back then, I learned the game with my Dad's old set of black-faced heavy D-2 irons he won at the Robstown Tourney years earlier.....and a mish-mash set of real woods. They were the old MacGregor Tourney irons.....remember those relics??? They had white grips that were original. I played with those clubs thru college until I could afford my own set in my early 20's.....timing was not on my side.

All-American
    Blog Entries

Of course any wind on a course like this is a problem, LOL.

All-American
    Blog Entries

DJ stays tied with Henley for the lead at 2 under.....going to the 11th tee now. Stricker is at one over.....not too shabby for a man his age.

All-American
    Blog Entries

DJ on the par-3 11th puts it hole high to the right just like the book says. Tiger up now hitting an 8 iron. DJ hit an 8 iron also. Tiger goes too far right and it hits and falls into the greenside bunker. JT's turn now. His shot is right of DJ's but hole high on the green. Henley on 14 now and his approach brutally runs past the pin over the back of the green.

All-American
    Blog Entries

Bello the Spaniard hanging in there at +1. JT is at +3 now. Tiger has a long putt for par. DJ outside of Tiger putting for birdie. WOW....he strokes it hard against that wind and it barely gets there and drops for a birdie.....he's in the lead now, folks.

All-American
    Blog Entries

Tiger's putt is of similar line and length.....not quite as much break to save par here. This is really not an easy putt. NOPE....not even close. Tiger finally bogies one since the 2nd hole and falls back to +4 now.

All-American
    Blog Entries

So DJ is 3 under par, Henley 2 under par and Dufner one under par along with a couple of others.

All-American
    Blog Entries

Henley makes a nice putt on 14 to save par. Wild Jim Furyk makes birdie to go to +3....he's playing on an exemption in this tournament and is 38 y.o. now......I wish I was still 38. Oh wait just a minute......what am I saying??? I AM still 38....in my dreams, LOL.

All-American
    Blog Entries

I reckon somewhere around half the field will end up making the cut on Friday....WOW.....Justin Thomas just about holed that one out on 12....a gimme birdie. The golf shot of the day for him so far.

All-American
    Blog Entries

DJ chips out of the fluffy lie off the green and has work for his par. Dufner tries for birdie but comes up windy and short. Now Tiger is putting off the green out of the fringe for a birdie.....darn near makes it.....needed one more half-roll.....but a par, nonetheless.