Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Top 10 4a Dl

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgs View Post
    How good is Celina going to be this year? Are they legit title contenders? 4a is better when Celina is a contender. Hope you guys have a great season. Would love to see you guys surprise some people and win that district.

Celina should be much better this year. Last season, we were breaking in a new QB with a lot of new faces on the offensive line, and with a lack of playmakers in the skill positions. Our defense really kept things close in a lot of games. This year, the line will be more experienced, and we have some talent coming up from a really good JV team last year. And, if what I've been hearing is true, Celina is making a switch at QB, utilizing Noah Ross at WR/RB instead of under center. He's a really good athlete with great speed and agility. The Bobcats also bring back a very good junior RB, Logan Point. He got a lot of carries last year as a sophomore and did well. From what I've heard, he's worked hard in the weight room in the offseason, and is primed to have a huge season. We've got a couple of other speedy backs to go with him, too, and all of them are great pass catchers out of the backfield. At QB, the Bobcats could go with a junior, Hunter Watson, who throws a nice ball and has plenty of speed and athleticism to at least force teams to account for him. He is the younger brother of Brayden Watson, who was a stud WR on the 2015 Celina team.

Defensively, the Bobcats should be very good again. Our LB corps was young last year, and they'll have another year under their belts. We'll have a legit DI prospect at DE in Kaghen Roach. The dude is a monster. He single handedly kept the PG game from being completely out of hand. He's speedy, smart, hungry and just has a motor that won't quit. There will be a few more good pieces along the line to go with him, too. He'll force a double team against most teams. Logan Engle is one of the young LBs to keep an eye on. He was pretty good as a sophomore last year. He'll be very good this year.

All-in-all, I think Celina will have a much better team than last year. I think they can and will challenge for the district title. They may not have quite enough to take down Melissa, but, I think it'll be a fight. If the Bobcats have truly developed a passing game this offseason, like I've heard, then they'll be a serious contender. I think District 7 is Melissa's to lose, but Argyle and Celina and, heck, even Paris, will be right there in the thick of it.
    Texas Forever.

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by LHPfactory View Post
    Not so fast on the easy schedule:
    Liberty Hill:
    Week 1 - Leander Glenn 5A-D2
    Week 2 - Hutto 5A-D1 (#7 in 5A-D1)
    Week 3 - Manor 5A-D1 (Just dropped Down from 6A)
    Week 4 - Pflugerville Connally 5A-D1 (Just dropped down from 6A).

We also are scrimmaging a 5A-D2.

We don't have an easy schedule and if anyone looks past Canyon Lake or Fredericksburg you will be in trouble. Also expect a dramatic improvement from Lampasas who absolutely hates Liberty Hill along with other Rival game with Burnet.
    LH has it anything but easy, but that being said, I absolutely believe they can come out of that undefeated, if so, look out....

This is an impressive schedule, in my opinion. Maybe PC and Manor aren't great, but being the size they are, they should at least have the athletes to be competitive. Leander Glenn is going to have a pretty decent year, I think. And if LH is able to stick around with Hutto, or even pull the upset, then look out. That will be a telling game, in my opinion. I still think LH is going to be a serious threat this year. If they're not playing in at least the semifinals, I'll be shocked.
    Texas Forever.

All-American

Lots of LH shikkens getting counted before the old cluck has even finished layin dem eggs.

Stink on stink , low man wins = Ricebird football.

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by speedbump View Post
    Lots of LH shikkens getting counted before the old cluck has even finished layin dem eggs.

To be fair, though, most of the LH prognosticating is coming from no LH posters like myself. I haven't seen any of the purple panther folks say anything bold other than they really like their team this year.
    Texas Forever.

All-State

Quote Originally Posted by speedbump View Post
    Just talking about our schedule and high hopes of course.
    But honestly winning cultures expect to win plain and simple.

LH O Line won the DII Lineman Challenge State Championship last week to boot. This doesnt mean you automatically win games in the fall, but our guys did better in 6 out of 10 events than all divisions and schools from 6A through 1A.
    LH has the fastest and strongest linemen in the State, A 100% Senior front with 3 of the 5 1st Team All District as Juniors last fall. Close to 40 Seniors on our team this fall and about 20 of them will be Starters.

Im of course an extra homer for this years team because I have spent 12 years Coaching these boys in Youth Football, 7on7, and Lineman Challenge. They are my Football Children to say the least.

At the end of the Day anything could happen, but these boys are winners and have as good of a shot at it all as anyone.

0.jpg
    3rdCROWN12/21/2018

All-American

LH O Line won the DII Lineman Challenge State Championship last week to boot. This doesnt mean you automatically win games in the fall, but our guys did better in 6 out of 10 events than all divisions and schools from 6A through 1A.
    LH has the fastest and strongest linemen in the State, A 100% Senior front with 3 of the 5 1st Team All District as Juniors last fall. Close to 40 Seniors on our team this fall and about 20 of them will be Starters.

Im of course an extra homer for this years team because I have spent 12 years Coaching these boys in Youth Football, 7on7, and Lineman Challenge. They are my Football Children to say the least.

At the end of the Day anything could happen, but these boys are winners and have as good of a shot at it all as anyone.

0.jpg

That's a bigger deal, to me, than a 7-on-7 title. And that's a good looking line the Purple Panthers have. Now, do they have a Brent Bode or a Doug Allman to block for?
    Texas Forever.

All-District

Running back Harrison is back,had a great year last year,expect the same this year

All-District

0.jpg
    Those are some good looking boys.

Starter

I am looking for Liberty Hill to have a great year. I had the chance to travel out to their community about a year ago and was so impressed with their new high school and just the community in general. I remember when people would not even think of living in Liberty Hill if they worked in Austin but with all the growth now I know several who live there and do not even think of the drive as everything has grown out towards them. Liberty Hill will most likely move up a classification next go around but they will do well even then.