Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Top 10 4a Dl

All-District

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne View Post
    I think a lot of it is the injury bug biting them at the end of the season. I don’t think they should have lost to the Ville either however we will never know what the outcome would have been if they hadn’t lost their QB. With or without their QB, there is no way they would have beat Carthage last year. Again, I don’t think Argyle deserves the #1 ranking and I would bet the farm on it that Argyle coaches, fans, and players feel the same way.
    Clearman should be a heck of a QB this year I would think. I think the biggest thing that will help Argyle this year is being in a district with Melissa, Celina, and Paris. This is the toughest district I can remember them being in. They always have a tough pre-district schedule, but then a weak district might not help them prepare the for the playoffs as much as some of the other teams around the state. Look at the last 3 state champions. LV and Carthage. They both came out of unbelievably tough districts. One thing is for sure whoever comes out of R2 is gonna be battle tested. That region is stacked. And Argyle, LV, Ville, CS, Kennedale and a couple other teams all in the mix. That will be fun.

Junior Varsity

Definitely a tough district and even tougher pre district. Can’t wait for the season to start for sure.

All-American
    Blog Entries

I seriously doubt that there will be an undefeated team this season in 4A-D1. Heck, there may not even be an undefeated 4A-D1 team by the time district rolls around, LOL. I'm sure there will be some......but not what I would call contenders for the SC title. But it could end up being one of those seasons where a team jumps up and surprises all the preseason prognosticators.
    Yesterdays are gone forever and tomorrows may never happen, but today you have the opportunity to make a difference.

All-American
    Blog Entries

Looks like Argyle takes an early open week this season for the first time......after the 3rd predistrict game. Argyle will play at Melissa and at Celina this year......Celina the last week in district play.
    Yesterdays are gone forever and tomorrows may never happen, but today you have the opportunity to make a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by regaleagle View Post
    Looks like Argyle takes an early open week this season for the first time......after the 3rd predistrict game. Argyle will play at Melissa and at Celina this year......Celina the last week in district play.
    The Melissa, Argyle and Celina games are gonna be some fun games. I expect Celina and Argyle will be big and fundamentally sound. Melissa will be loaded with speed with a big oline that will average 285lbs. Defensively, Melissa has a mass of humanity at nose guard 6'3 330lb kid who is a top 20 recruit at nose guard for 2020. The rest of the defense can flat out fly. Gonna be a fun year watching this district.
    1stand10

All-District

Quote Originally Posted by orange machine View Post
    The Melissa, Argyle and Celina games are gonna be some fun games. I expect Celina and Argyle will be big and fundamentally sound. Melissa will be loaded with speed with a big oline that will average 285lbs. Defensively, Melissa has a mass of humanity at nose guard 6'3 330lb kid who is a top 20 recruit at nose guard for 2020. The rest of the defense can flat out fly. Gonna be a fun year watching this district.
    How good is Celina going to be this year? Are they legit title contenders? 4a is better when Celina is a contender. Hope you guys have a great season. Would love to see you guys surprise some people and win that district.

All-District

Quote Originally Posted by regaleagle View Post
    I seriously doubt that there will be an undefeated team this season in 4A-D1. Heck, there may not even be an undefeated 4A-D1 team by the time district rolls around, LOL. I'm sure there will be some......but not what I would call contenders for the SC title. But it could end up being one of those seasons where a team jumps up and surprises all the preseason prognosticators.
    Not sure if you are talking about all season or regular season undefeated...I agree about not having a undefeated state champ. The top tier teams just have too tough of schedules this year. I can’t see any of them being able to get thru the season undefeated. As for top ranked teams going undefeated in the regular season it looks like Liberty Hill has the best shot. Pretty easy schedule. Hirschi also has a pretty easy schedule if they can get by Graham. But I think they have to prove it more than just 1 successful season. Kennedale also has a pretty easy schedule outside of Midlothian Heritage. If they win that game I can see them going undefeated. As far as Carthage, Argyle, Midlothian Heritage, La Vega, Ville, Henderson, or Melissa being able to navigate such tough schedules without a loss.

All-District

What about China Spring?

2013, 2015, 2016 3ADL FF Champ jason's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgs View Post
    What about China Spring?
    lucky 4 teams get in out of a 5 team district....hehe....

All-State

What about China Spring?
    That made me think of the movie, "What About Bob?"

I don't mean anything by it, just made me laugh...............I haven't a horn to toot for football this year, I predict my Rockets will finish 4-6 at best, but most likely 2-8. As long as the current regime is in place and continues not to care about defense, the Rockets will be low hanging fruit.
    Rockets Never Quit!

All-American

What about China Spring?
    CS will be very competitive but there will be some new faces at QB and other positions. This district will either make them better or expose your weaknesses..

All-State

Not sure if you are talking about all season or regular season undefeated...I agree about not having a undefeated state champ. The top tier teams just have too tough of schedules this year. I can’t see any of them being able to get thru the season undefeated. As for top ranked teams going undefeated in the regular season it looks like Liberty Hill has the best shot. Pretty easy schedule. Hirschi also has a pretty easy schedule if they can get by Graham. But I think they have to prove it more than just 1 successful season. Kennedale also has a pretty easy schedule outside of Midlothian Heritage. If they win that game I can see them going undefeated. As far as Carthage, Argyle, Midlothian Heritage, La Vega, Ville, Henderson, or Melissa being able to navigate such tough schedules without a loss.
    Not so fast on the easy schedule:
    Liberty Hill:
    Week 1 - Leander Glenn 5A-D2
    Week 2 - Hutto 5A-D1 (#7 in 5A-D1)
    Week 3 - Manor 5A-D1 (Just dropped Down from 6A)
    Week 4 - Pflugerville Connally 5A-D1 (Just dropped down from 6A).

We also are scrimmaging a 5A-D2.

We don't have an easy schedule and if anyone looks past Canyon Lake or Fredericksburg you will be in trouble. Also expect a dramatic improvement from Lampasas who absolutely hates Liberty Hill along with other Rival game with Burnet.
    LH has it anything but easy, but that being said, I absolutely believe they can come out of that undefeated, if so, look out....
    3rdCROWN12/21/2018

All-State

Quote Originally Posted by LHPfactory View Post
    Liberty Hill:

We don't have an easy schedule and if anyone looks past Canyon Lake or Fredericksburg you will be in trouble. Also expect a dramatic improvement from Lampasas who absolutely hates Liberty Hill along with other Rival game with Burnet.
    LH has it anything but easy, but that being said, I absolutely believe they can come out of that undefeated, if so, look out....
    I seriously doubt their improvement will be dramatic enough to challenge y'all; last year they barely beat us and we were terrrrrrrrriiiiiibbbbbblllllleeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But it is a new year and always a good practice not overlook anyone. I wish we still played them or Burnet; the reason................STORMS BURGERS MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Since our current regime wants to play smaller schools, perhaps we could get Hamilton on the schedule, they've got a STORMS there, and they're not nearly as far away..........hmmmm
    Rockets Never Quit!

All-District

Quote Originally Posted by LHPfactory View Post
    Liberty Hill:

Hutto is the only game that is a question. That is if LH is going to live up to their ranking and hype. Leander Glenn is a brand new school. Manor and PC are terrible. I don’t care what division they are in. I don’t wanna hear about Canyon Lake and Fredericksburg. If we are talking about LH competing for a championship those teams shouldn’t match up.

All-State

Hutto is the only game that is a question. That is if LH is going to live up to their ranking and hype. Leander Glenn is a brand new school. Manor and PC are terrible. I don’t care what division they are in. I don’t wanna hear about Canyon Lake and Fredericksburg. If we are talking about LH competing for a championship those teams shouldn’t match up.
    Hutto is a given as a very tough game, with their QB going to UCLA and returning 8 Offensive starters they will be a 5A-D1 power this fall.

Yeah, Manor went 5-5 in 6A and went 1 round into the play offs, and Pflugerville Connally played Cedar Park 21-14 last year.

Neither Manor of Pville is a good program but have lots of talent with the potential of giving anyone a good game. The speed alone will keep it interesting
    I expect we will run all over both but neither will be looked past .

Leander Glenn returns 22 Senior starters from an All 11th grade Varsity that went 7-3 playing its first Varsity schedule last year, be it a fill in schedule, they will be better than most think as a new school, they have loads of talent and their coach is fascinated with our Slot-T .
    I also believe they will probably win their 5A-D2 District this season, I got a hunch Leander Glenn will be better than most expect, this high school is just a few miles outside of Liberty Hill.
    I think we will eat them up but not looking past this team.

Fredericksburg returns 15 starters and will be much better than most are expecting and Canyon Lake will likely continue what we have seen the past 2 years, that fueled by a burning desire to beat LH will make it interesting.
    3rdCROWN12/21/2018