Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Top 10 4a Dl

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by jason View Post
    Good read about what Stephenville has coming back.

http://www.yourstephenvilletx.com/sp...grid-standouts

Yellowjackets ought to start the season ranked pretty high. I wouldn't put them No. 1, but I'd be comfortable slotting them in at No. 2 ... for whatever it's worth.

Sounds like they have a really good crew coming back. And another little Stidham in the ranks...? That will certainly be a good thing.
    Texas Forever.

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by LHPfactory View Post
    Strictly Guessing What DCTF will rank the teams I would have to say something to include the following teams:

Carthage
    Midlothian Heritage
    Stephenville
    Liberty Hill
    La Vega
    Argyle
    Kennedale
    Henderson
    Hirschi
    Celina

Man, I forgot about Hirschi. With D Foster coming back, that should put them in the top 10 automatically. I can't think of a better RB in 4A this year.

And I can't see Celina starting the year ranked in the top 10, as much as I wish they would. But if they have found a passing game this offseason, it won't take them long to crack into the ranks.
    Texas Forever.

All-District

Quote Originally Posted by d0tc0m View Post
    Man, I forgot about Hirschi. With D Foster coming back, that should put them in the top 10 automatically. I can't think of a better RB in 4A this year.

And I can't see Celina starting the year ranked in the top 10, as much as I wish they would. But if they have found a passing game this offseason, it won't take them long to crack into the ranks.
    D. Foster will be the best player in 4a. Kid is a beast.

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgs View Post
    D. Foster will be the best player in 4a. Kid is a beast.

Agreed. Was probably second in 4A last year behind only Ingram. Undisputed best player in 4A this year.

And I don't see much in Region I that will stand in Hirschi's way of a semifinal appearance. Perhaps Seminole brings enough back from a decent season last year? But they're bumping up from Division II. Hirchi's biggest competition in the region will come from their own district, but I don't see enough firepower in any of those teams to truly compete with the Huskies for the Region I title. But, who knows, could be some surprises.
    Texas Forever.

2013, 2015, 2016 3ADL FF Champ jason's Avatar

And another little Stidham in the ranks...?
    negative - I don't know the current QB situation. Last season when Jones was out there were 2 underclassman candidates to take over the starting job and when he returned, I don't remember who was the backup or if either one of them will contend to start this year.

All-American

negative - I don't know the current QB situation. Last season when Jones was out there were 2 underclassman candidates to take over the starting job and when he returned, I don't remember who was the backup or if either one of them will contend to start this year.

Gotcha. I just saw in that article that Austin Stidham is an incoming senior, wasn't sure what position he played or if he brought any of the same athleticism that his brother did or not.
    Texas Forever.

All-District

Agreed. Was probably second in 4A last year behind only Ingram. Undisputed best player in 4A this year.

And I don't see much in Region I that will stand in Hirschi's way of a semifinal appearance. Perhaps Seminole brings enough back from a decent season last year? But they're bumping up from Division II. Hirchi's biggest competition in the region will come from their own district, but I don't see enough firepower in any of those teams to truly compete with the Huskies for the Region I title. But, who knows, could be some surprises.
    Saw where Foster just commutes to TCU.

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgs View Post
    Saw where Foster just commutes to TCU.

Big pickup for the Frogs. I was hoping Chad Morris could lure him to Arkansas. But TCU's a good fit for Foster, probably. Patterson will take care of him.
    Texas Forever.

2013, 2015, 2016 3ADL FF Champ jason's Avatar

Gotcha. I just saw in that article that Austin Stidham is an incoming senior, wasn't sure what position he played or if he brought any of the same athleticism that his brother did or not.
    yeah, that is confusing with such and uncommon last name - no relation though - at least they're not brother's anyways

All-American

yeah, that is confusing with such and uncommon last name - no relation though - at least they're not brother's anyways

Ah, a little presumptuous on my part.

At any rate, it looks like the Yellowjackets will be right in the thick of it come December, assuming they find a serviceable signal caller, which they always seem to do.
    Texas Forever.

All-American
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LHPfactory View Post
    Strictly Guessing What DCTF will rank the teams I would have to say something to include the following teams:

Carthage
    Midlothian Heritage
    Stephenville
    Liberty Hill
    La Vega
    Argyle
    Kennedale
    Henderson
    Hirschi
    Celina
    I really believe that Melissa will belong in this ranking......maybe even moreso than Argyle and Celina. I think they will be absolutely "loaded" with talent.
    Yesterdays are gone forever and tomorrows may never happen, but today you have the opportunity to make a difference.

All-American
    Blog Entries

What keeps Argyle always highly ranked and very good is the program, not necessarily special talent on the field. Yes, the Eagles do have a few good athletes every year, but not any more than most schools they play. Stephenville always seems to produce really good qb's......and that's a huge advantage in football, especially at the high school level. In college, most universities with decent football programs can recruit good qb's......except UT, LOL. It's just not the same at the high school level....you need a good program to develop qb's early......or just get lucky that a kid with tons of natural ability comes along every 10 yrs. Obviously......high caliber running backs are equally important as qb's in high school. I think Carthage has had both in the years they have won the State Title.
    Last edited by regaleagle; 06-11-2018 at 12:27 PM.
    Yesterdays are gone forever and tomorrows may never happen, but today you have the opportunity to make a difference.

All-American
    Blog Entries

Argyle had both last season until Jon Copeland went down with an ankle injury late in the season. Clearman came in and performed very well......maybe should have won that game against Stephenville......but that's history now. It was obvious Stephenville had more talent and size on the field than Argyle, yet the Eagles were right there at the end to win it. So the program is very important in Argyle......just like some other schools that are ranked highly every season. Down years are rare for schools with deep football programs and an established coaching staff.....not the norm.

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by regaleagle View Post
    I really believe that Melissa will belong in this ranking......maybe even moreso than Argyle and Celina. I think they will be absolutely "loaded" with talent.

They certainly deserve to be ranked ahead of Celina to start the year. Melissa is stacked with a load of returning talent that is still fairly young. But they got absolutely walloped against Pleasant Grove last year in the Region II finals. It'll be interesting to see how they respond. Did it humble them and send them into the offseason hungrier than before? Or did it take away the notion that they could compete with and become legitimate contenders? I lean towards the former. But, time will tell.
    Texas Forever.

All-American

And, like I said, if Celina has found a passing game this offseason, then they'll be a force. The defense should be pretty salty. And the offense has good speed at the QB and RB positions. With the addition of some good skill kids coming up from a really salty JV team last year, I look for the Bobcats to make some big jumps. But, we'll need some of that young talent to step up and grow up quickly.
    Texas Forever.