Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Top 10 4a Dl

Quote Originally Posted by regaleagle View Post
    In Braxton's case and in Austin Aune's case......are you gonna turn down a Million??? Nope....even if you don't make it, you made it. Now you have options you didn't have before even if you don't make it.
    Argyle only has I think 2 players that are gonna be seniors next year playing baseball. Clearman and Dixon.
    1stand10

All-State

Quote Originally Posted by d0tc0m View Post
    I'd say there's a high probability a D10 team plays for the title. And, if I were a betting man, I'd say two D10 teams will play each other for the Region III title, too. I do really like LH coming into this year. It's felt like they've been building back towards their 2006-08 swagger a bit, and I think they've got a good group and some heavy hitters to make at least a semifinal appearance this fall. But, perhaps another Region IV will surprise. Boerne should still be decent, and I think Sealy will be improved, too.
    LH is likely starting about 20 of their almost 40 Seniors this fall, several All district players returning as well. The Class of 2019 are a very special bunch, Hard working, unselfish, aggressive and relentlessly tough competitors describes my football children. That coupled with being led by Jeff Walker, the most prolific Slot-T Coach that the sport has ever known makes me very optimistic about the Panthers this fall. Anything can happen on any given Friday night, to prepare these boys are playing exclusively a 5A schedule from the second scrimmage all the way to district, looking forward to August.
    3rdCROWN12/21/2018

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by LHPfactory View Post
    LH is likely starting about 20 of their almost 40 Seniors this fall, several All district players returning as well. The Class of 2019 are a very special bunch, Hard working, unselfish, aggressive and relentlessly tough competitors describes my football children. That coupled with being led by Jeff Walker, the most prolific Slot-T Coach that the sport has ever known makes me very optimistic about the Panthers this fall. Anything can happen on any given Friday night, to prepare these boys are playing exclusively a 5A schedule from the second scrimmage all the way to district, looking forward to August.
    I still have nightmares of watching this offense last year. It’s something to see and so darn frustrating at the same time. I think we see LH in AT&T next December..

All-District

Quote Originally Posted by Bosqueville View Post
    I still have nightmares of watching this offense last year. It’s something to see and so darn frustrating at the same time. I think we see LH in AT&T next December..
    I think they should be the favorite to come out of R4. They will have a tough match up in the semis. Depends on who they play if the will go to AT&T. I think LH is a team that can definitely win a title this year.

2013, 2015, 2016 3ADL FF Champ jason's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jason View Post
    Stephenville bringing back 17 of 22 starters (that's what it was after last season anyways), the majority of those on the defensive side so they should be solid.
    Big holes to fill at QB and WR. There is a Junior QB who was going to be the man last year before Easton Jones' successful stem cell treatment on his elbow allowed him to return. The WR was a 6'5 great athlete who is playing for Texas State in the fall. This squad loaded with seniors. Their class was the one to watch when they were sophomores and they made a good run last year, a year earlier than everyone expected. High expectations for this bunch with big holes to fill and a tough schedule to say the least.
    Good read about what Stephenville has coming back.

http://www.yourstephenvilletx.com/sp...grid-standouts

All-American
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by orange machine View Post
    Argyle only has I think 2 players that are gonna be seniors next year playing baseball. Clearman and Dixon.
    Nope......the King Brothers at 2nd and catcher, Clearman in RF, Dixon at SS, Dillon Carter in CF, Ricker on 1st. Gonzales in LF and Merka at 3B will be juniors. Then there are some good players on the bench that could have started for many other teams this year. There were only 3 seniors on this season's team......out of 25 players.

So basically the whole starting lineup is coming back......except Ricker will take over at 1st base full time instead of only when Bryson Hudgens was pitching. When Ricker is pitching, they will have someone else to play 1st. So Argyle graduated two good pitchers also......Hudgens and Abrego......but still has a deep staff for next season.
    Last edited by regaleagle; 06-10-2018 at 11:38 AM.
    Yesterdays are gone forever and tomorrows may never happen, but today you have the opportunity to make a difference.

All-American
    Blog Entries

Or maybe you meant that Clearman and Dixon will not be playing football next season??? I think both will play, but we will wait and see. Clearman and Dixon both have devoted tons of time and training into becoming quality football players.......they both hold key positions as starters and a leadership role.
    Yesterdays are gone forever and tomorrows may never happen, but today you have the opportunity to make a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by regaleagle View Post
    Or maybe you meant that Clearman and Dixon will not be playing football next season??? I think both will play, but we will wait and see. Clearman and Dixon both have devoted tons of time and training into becoming quality football players.......they both hold key positions as starters and a leadership role.
    I was saying I believe that are the only two on the baseball team playing football.
    1stand10

All-American
    Blog Entries

I wonder what the coaching staff does when they have an obvious State Title contender in baseball and so many good athletes playing on the baseball team that also played on the football team. Not a normal problem in Texas High School sports.......football is KING. There are some predominately "baseball" schools.....just like "basketball" schools. But Argyle has been a contender in just about all sports over the years. Now we have an upcoming very good senior class(I think the junior class might be even better) with just about every starter on the baseball team committing verbally to some DI schools.......very unusual. In the larger classifications there is more enrollment to divide up the athletes into different sports. I think Argyle enrollment is below 800. Most Division II 5A's have half again more enrollment.....so definitely a problematic issue for 4A's and below. I think Abilene Wylie probably ran into this same problem the last few years.......maybe some other teams too. I reckon it's an ongoing issue for Texarkana Pleasant Grove too.......and maybe the reason why Spring Hill is not very good in football. West in 3A has a great baseball program......they are not exactly contenders in football either.
    Last edited by regaleagle; 06-10-2018 at 03:12 PM.

All-American
    Blog Entries

I was saying I believe that are the only two on the baseball team playing football.
    I think there were some "non-starters" on the bench this past season that played football too that will be seniors this year. But if you can't break into the starting lineup as a senior, then why even play baseball your final year??? In football, there are more positions available to get playing time than in baseball.....offense and defense and special teams. If Clearman and Dixon do not play football this season.......Argyle will not be able to fill those positions with an equally skilled and mature player.

All-American
    Blog Entries

Dillon Carter was a star player at D-back his soph season when his older brother was a star receiver on the team as a senior. Last season Dillon did not return to play football.....he's verbally committed to play baseball for TCU. I would love to see Dillon return to the football field for his senior season......he's got all kinds of athletic prowess. He was actually more highly rated by the Argyle coaching staff at D-Back and running back the punts than Brendan Dixon. Dixon returned to play football last season, but Carter sat out for baseball. Dixon has had a verbal with UT to play baseball since his freshman year.

All-American
    Blog Entries

I tell ya what......those King Twins would be a force on the football field, for sure. What great athletes both of them are.....they have size, speed, great hand to eye coordination, and are just pure athletes. I guess the coaches already made a run at them in previous years.....too late now.....they will be seniors this season. Totally all-in for baseball....and will be playing for UT-Rio Grand Valley.

All-American
    Blog Entries

From what I've been able to read.....UT-RGV(Edinburg) is in the WAC. This year's MLB draft took 13 WAC players in the draft.....5 in the first 10 rounds. UT-RVG played TCU, TTech, Texas, and Miss. State this season.....among all the others in and out of conference play. What else do you want to know???
    Last edited by regaleagle; 06-10-2018 at 04:13 PM.

All-American
    Blog Entries

I'm not sure about other 4A D-1 schools, but seems to me like Argyle has less cross-over now from the football team to other sports than they did in previous seasons when Argyle was D-2. Even in Track & Field......there's just not as many football players in the Track program nowadays as there used to be. Same in all the other Boys Sports.....I guess when you have a very successful football program like Argyle does......they keep the boys in the program focused on football. But heck, Argyle has had a winning program for about 13 yrs.....most of its history. I guess with the growth in enrollment Argyle was able to get enough boys to compete in all the other sports now.

All-State

Strictly Guessing What DCTF will rank the teams I would have to say something to include the following teams:

Carthage
    Midlothian Heritage
    Stephenville
    Liberty Hill
    La Vega
    Argyle
    Kennedale
    Henderson
    Hirschi
    Celina
    3rdCROWN12/21/2018