Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Top 10 4a Dl

Melissa brings back 15 of 22 starters.
    1stand10

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Man View Post
    Oh, wait a minute.......you said D1 top ten, not D2 bottom 10.

We're out of this conversation...........carry on fellas...........
    Seems like baseball has taken over in Robinson and that's just sad..

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by orange machine View Post
    Melissa brings back 15 of 22 starters.

And most of those 15 are still young and very, very good.
    Texas Forever.

Quote Originally Posted by d0tc0m View Post
    And most of those 15 are still young and very, very good.
    Yeah most of them are juniors or sophomores.
    1stand10

All-State

Quote Originally Posted by Bosqueville View Post
    Seems like baseball has taken over in Robinson and that's just sad..
    It's great that baseball has had so much success; however, the state of the football and other boys' programs is certainly sad. Two of the last three football seasons have been below .500 and I don't see how they avoid another below .500 season this year; I think at best they will go 4-6.
    Rockets Never Quit!

All-State

A quick Google search, and as soon as the result popped up, I remembered, Don Hyde IS the new HC. I'm not sure if he'll retain his DC title, too, but he's definitely the successor for Coach Williams. So, La Vega will have a fairly smooth transition, I imagine. Hyde will be a good head coach, and the Pirates will continue to have one of the better defenses in 4A, probably.
    Thanks, I guess I could have done that, lazy bones here.

Donnie is from Robinson, an old Rocket from way back. I wish him well.
    Rockets Never Quit!

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by orange machine View Post
    Yeah most of them are juniors or sophomores.

Melissa will be very good this year. Top 10, no doubt in my mind. But next year could be THE year for the Cardinals.
    Texas Forever.

All-District

Melissa will be very good this year. Top 10, no doubt in my mind. But next year could be THE year for the Cardinals.
    Too bad they will be in D1 with Carthage next year. Carthage’s incoming juniors this year might be better overall then the seniors that just graduated. The Dawgs will be scary good again in 2019. But we will have to wait and see about 2018. Might have some growing pains.

All-American
    Blog Entries

I hope some of Argyle's really good baseball players with DI verbals will play this season. Brendan Dixon and Dillon Carter are star players in football, but have baseball verbals. Our QB Hayden Clearman is a great player on defense as well as at the QB position, but he's working on getting a baseball scholarship. There's a few others in the same boat. Argyle will be Argyle and play great with whoever they have......but it helps to have some of these seasoned veterans returning.....they are key pieces to the team. And now this season Argyle will be tested in Region II big time.....and even in preseason big time.
    Yesterdays are gone forever and tomorrows may never happen, but today you have the opportunity to make a difference.

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgs View Post
    Too bad they will be in D1 with Carthage next year. Carthage’s incoming juniors this year might be better overall then the seniors that just graduated. The Dawgs will be scary good again in 2019. But we will have to wait and see about 2018. Might have some growing pains.

They also might not be. And even if they are, another team might be better overall than they are.
    Texas Forever.

All-District

They also might not be. And even if they are, another team might be better overall than they are.
    Naw. Carthage best is better than everybody else’s best.

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by regaleagle View Post
    I hope some of Argyle's really good baseball players with DI verbals will play this season. Brendan Dixon and Dillon Carter are star players in football, but have baseball verbals. Our QB Hayden Clearman is a great player on defense as well as at the QB position, but he's working on getting a baseball scholarship. There's a few others in the same boat. Argyle will be Argyle and play great with whoever they have......but it helps to have some of these seasoned veterans returning.....they are key pieces to the team. And now this season Argyle will be tested in Region II big time.....and even in preseason big time.

It'd be a shame if they didn't play football their senior years. I would understand the logic, and I can't say I would blame them, but, as good as they are, I imagine they would regret not playing. But like you said, regal, Argyle is such that they'll find kids to fill the holes, should those seniors choose not to play.
    Texas Forever.

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgs View Post
    Naw. Carthage best is better than everybody else’s best.

It has been six times, anyway.
    Texas Forever.

All-State

Quote Originally Posted by regaleagle View Post
    I'd understand if they wanted to forgo football to avoid potentially jeopardizing their baseball careers because of an injury. Braxton decided to do that this past season at Robinson and with a $1.38 MM MLB draft slot I think he made a good decision, but time will certainly tell.
    Rockets Never Quit!

All-American
    Blog Entries

In Braxton's case and in Austin Aune's case......are you gonna turn down a Million??? Nope....even if you don't make it, you made it. Now you have options you didn't have before even if you don't make it.
    Yesterdays are gone forever and tomorrows may never happen, but today you have the opportunity to make a difference.