Quote Originally Posted by Wayne View Post
I think a lot of it is the injury bug biting them at the end of the season. I don’t think they should have lost to the Ville either however we will never know what the outcome would have been if they hadn’t lost their QB. With or without their QB, there is no way they would have beat Carthage last year. Again, I don’t think Argyle deserves the #1 ranking and I would bet the farm on it that Argyle coaches, fans, and players feel the same way.
Clearman should be a heck of a QB this year I would think. I think the biggest thing that will help Argyle this year is being in a district with Melissa, Celina, and Paris. This is the toughest district I can remember them being in. They always have a tough pre-district schedule, but then a weak district might not help them prepare the for the playoffs as much as some of the other teams around the state. Look at the last 3 state champions. LV and Carthage. They both came out of unbelievably tough districts. One thing is for sure whoever comes out of R2 is gonna be battle tested. That region is stacked. And Argyle, LV, Ville, CS, Kennedale and a couple other teams all in the mix. That will be fun.