Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Top 10 4a Dl

Default Top 10 4a Dl

Anybody want to try to predict Dave Campbells top 10?
    1stand10

All-American

Having done absolutely zero research, I'll take a shot in the dark:

Carthage
    La Vega
    Melissa
    Argyle
    Midlothian Heritage
    Kennedale
    Liberty Hill
    Henderson (higher if they find a QB)
    Kilgore
    Stephenville
    Texas Forever.

I think stephenville will be 1 or 2.
    1stand10

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by orange machine View Post
    I think stephenville will be 1 or 2.
    Perhaps. They bring back some good pieces. I don't think they start ranked ahead of Carthage, though.
    Texas Forever.

All-District

Carthage is gonna be loaded on both lines and in the secondary. Hopefully the O-Line isn’t hurt too much with the loss of Chris Smith to SLC. He is a hell of a O-Line coach. We will have to wait and see about the other positions. Biggest question is how good Kelvontay is gonna be.

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgs View Post
    Carthage is gonna be loaded on both lines and in the secondary. Hopefully the O-Line isn’t hurt too much with the loss of Chris Smith to SLC. He is a hell of a O-Line coach. We will have to wait and see about the other positions. Biggest question is how good Kelvontay is gonna be.

If you're gonna be loaded somewhere, along the lines and in the secondary is a great place to start. Takes some of the pressure off the skill guys to be world beaters. But, I imagine Carthage will have no issues finding athletes to keep the machine rolling. Carthage may not go 16-0 again, but if they play less than 14-15 games this year, I'd be surprised.
    Texas Forever.

Quote Originally Posted by d0tc0m View Post
    Having done absolutely zero research, I'll take a shot in the dark:

Carthage
    La Vega
    Melissa
    Argyle
    Midlothian Heritage
    Kennedale
    Liberty Hill
    Henderson (higher if they find a QB)
    Kilgore
    Stephenville
    I like the top 10 but in a different order and dropping Kennedale out of the top 10.

Carthage
    Stephenville
    La Vega
    Midlothian Heritage
    Argyle
    Melissa
    Kilgore
    Henderson
    Liberty Hill
    Van
    1stand10

All-American

I like the top 10 but in a different order and dropping Kennedale out of the top 10.

Carthage
    Stephenville
    La Vega
    Midlothian Heritage
    Argyle
    Melissa
    Kilgore
    Henderson
    Liberty Hill
    Van

Van may be so beat up by the time they navigate that district, they'll be limping into the playoffs as the four-seed.
    Texas Forever.

Thats a good point, but if they can pull off some wins then they will be siting pretty.
    1stand10

All-State

Oh, wait a minute.......you said D1 top ten, not D2 bottom 10.

We're out of this conversation...........carry on fellas...........
    Rockets Never Quit!

Another team that might be beat up come district time is Argyle. Stephenville, La Vega, Chapel Hill, Liberty - Eylau. Then three other teams that are sure to be in the top 25 in district, Melissa, Celina and Paris.
    1stand10

All-American

Another team that might be beat up come district time is Argyle. Stephenville, La Vega, Chapel Hill, Liberty - Eylau. Then three other teams that are sure to be in the top 25 in district, Melissa, Celina and Paris.

Region II is absolutely filthy this year. Toughest region by far in 4A. Whoever comes out of that gauntlet is gonna be a juggernaut. And I know Carthage, Henderson, Kilgore folks will say they are the District of Doom, but, for my dollar, District 7 is top-to-bottom the actual DoD this year, and District 5 is a close second. I mean, if Celina had stayed DII, they'd be my pick to make it to the state title game. But, with the bump up into DI and a very deep district, I think they'll have to come along way and fight their tales off just to make it three rounds deep. I could see them going into the playoffs anywhere from a two- to a four-seed.
    Texas Forever.

Region II is absolutely filthy this year. Toughest region by far in 4A. Whoever comes out of that gauntlet is gonna be a juggernaut. And I know Carthage, Henderson, Kilgore folks will say they are the District of Doom, but, for my dollar, District 7 is top-to-bottom the actual DoD this year, and District 5 is a close second. I mean, if Celina had stayed DII, they'd be my pick to make it to the state title game. But, with the bump up into DI and a very deep district, I think they'll have to come along way and fight their tales off just to make it three rounds deep. I could see them going into the playoffs anywhere from a two- to a four-seed.
    You are correct about Region II. The state title game should be pretty salty this year.
    1stand10

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Man View Post
    Oh, wait a minute.......you said D1 top ten, not D2 bottom 10.

We're out of this conversation...........carry on fellas...........

You'll always have 2006, Rocket. Twas only 12 years ago.
    Texas Forever.

All-District

If you're gonna be loaded somewhere, along the lines and in the secondary is a great place to start. Takes some of the pressure off the skill guys to be world beaters. But, I imagine Carthage will have no issues finding athletes to keep the machine rolling. Carthage may not go 16-0 again, but if they play less than 14-15 games this year, I'd be surprised.
    Agree about not going 16-0. Schedule is brutal. Could see Carthage dropping 2-3 games his year. We need to see how the QB situation plays out. Been pretty quite. Regardless we got some kids with a lot of pedigree coming up. And as far as athletes there is no shortage, they are just not proven. Gotta prove it with the big boys on Friday nights. Carthage is gonna be very young. Will have a buncha sophomores and juniors playing. Both those classes were undefeated as freshman. The senior class is not as strong, but has some nice pieces.