Quote Originally Posted by d0tc0m View Post
Region II is absolutely filthy this year. Toughest region by far in 4A. Whoever comes out of that gauntlet is gonna be a juggernaut. And I know Carthage, Henderson, Kilgore folks will say they are the District of Doom, but, for my dollar, District 7 is top-to-bottom the actual DoD this year, and District 5 is a close second. I mean, if Celina had stayed DII, they'd be my pick to make it to the state title game. But, with the bump up into DI and a very deep district, I think they'll have to come along way and fight their tales off just to make it three rounds deep. I could see them going into the playoffs anywhere from a two- to a four-seed.
Agree. RII is crazy. And I agree about D7. With that said I think a D10 team plays in the state title game. Carthage, Kilgore, or Henderson will have a fairly easy run on their side of the bracket, unless LH or EC makes a run. This is going to be a fun year. I think there is legit 10-12 teams that can win it all in D1 this year. Last year it was always gonna be Carthage, LV, or Argyle (with a healthy QB). This year I think it’s wide open.