Thread: Top 10 4a Dl

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    All-American
    Blog Entries

Dillon Carter was a star player at D-back his soph season when his older brother was a star receiver on the team as a senior. Last season Dillon did not return to play football.....he's verbally committed to play baseball for TCU. I would love to see Dillon return to the football field for his senior season......he's got all kinds of athletic prowess. He was actually more highly rated by the Argyle coaching staff at D-Back and running back the punts than Brendan Dixon. Dixon returned to play football last season, but Carter sat out for baseball. Dixon has had a verbal with UT to play baseball since his freshman year.
    Yesterdays are gone forever and tomorrows may never happen, but today you have the opportunity to make a difference.

All-American
    Blog Entries

I tell ya what......those King Twins would be a force on the football field, for sure. What great athletes both of them are.....they have size, speed, great hand to eye coordination, and are just pure athletes. I guess the coaches already made a run at them in previous years.....too late now.....they will be seniors this season. Totally all-in for baseball....and will be playing for UT-Rio Grand Valley.
    Yesterdays are gone forever and tomorrows may never happen, but today you have the opportunity to make a difference.

All-American
    Blog Entries

From what I've been able to read.....UT-RGV(Edinburg) is in the WAC. This year's MLB draft took 13 WAC players in the draft.....5 in the first 10 rounds. UT-RVG played TCU, TTech, Texas, and Miss. State this season.....among all the others in and out of conference play. What else do you want to know???
    Last edited by regaleagle; 06-10-2018 at 04:13 PM.

All-American
    Blog Entries

I'm not sure about other 4A D-1 schools, but seems to me like Argyle has less cross-over now from the football team to other sports than they did in previous seasons when Argyle was D-2. Even in Track & Field......there's just not as many football players in the Track program nowadays as there used to be. Same in all the other Boys Sports.....I guess when you have a very successful football program like Argyle does......they keep the boys in the program focused on football. But heck, Argyle has had a winning program for about 13 yrs.....most of its history. I guess with the growth in enrollment Argyle was able to get enough boys to compete in all the other sports now.

All-State

Strictly Guessing What DCTF will rank the teams I would have to say something to include the following teams:

Carthage
    Midlothian Heritage
    Stephenville
    Liberty Hill
    La Vega
    Argyle
    Kennedale
    Henderson
    Hirschi
    Celina
    3rdCROWN12/21/2018

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by LHPfactory View Post
    Strictly Guessing What DCTF will rank the teams I would have to say something to include the following teams:

Carthage
    Midlothian Heritage
    Stephenville
    Liberty Hill
    La Vega
    Argyle
    Kennedale
    Henderson
    Hirschi
    Celina

Man, I forgot about Hirschi. With D Foster coming back, that should put them in the top 10 automatically. I can't think of a better RB in 4A this year.

And I can't see Celina starting the year ranked in the top 10, as much as I wish they would. But if they have found a passing game this offseason, it won't take them long to crack into the ranks.
    Texas Forever.

All-District

Quote Originally Posted by d0tc0m View Post
    Man, I forgot about Hirschi. With D Foster coming back, that should put them in the top 10 automatically. I can't think of a better RB in 4A this year.

And I can't see Celina starting the year ranked in the top 10, as much as I wish they would. But if they have found a passing game this offseason, it won't take them long to crack into the ranks.
    D. Foster will be the best player in 4a. Kid is a beast.

All-American
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LHPfactory View Post

Carthage
    Midlothian Heritage
    Stephenville
    Liberty Hill
    La Vega
    Argyle
    Kennedale
    Henderson
    Hirschi
    Celina
    I really believe that Melissa will belong in this ranking......maybe even moreso than Argyle and Celina. I think they will be absolutely "loaded" with talent.

All-American
    Blog Entries

What keeps Argyle always highly ranked and very good is the program, not necessarily special talent on the field. Yes, the Eagles do have a few good athletes every year, but not any more than most schools they play. Stephenville always seems to produce really good qb's......and that's a huge advantage in football, especially at the high school level. In college, most universities with decent football programs can recruit good qb's......except UT, LOL. It's just not the same at the high school level....you need a good program to develop qb's early......or just get lucky that a kid with tons of natural ability comes along every 10 yrs. Obviously......high caliber running backs are equally important as qb's in high school. I think Carthage has had both in the years they have won the State Title.
    Last edited by regaleagle; 06-11-2018 at 12:27 PM.

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by regaleagle View Post
    I really believe that Melissa will belong in this ranking......maybe even moreso than Argyle and Celina. I think they will be absolutely "loaded" with talent.

They certainly deserve to be ranked ahead of Celina to start the year. Melissa is stacked with a load of returning talent that is still fairly young. But they got absolutely walloped against Pleasant Grove last year in the Region II finals. It'll be interesting to see how they respond. Did it humble them and send them into the offseason hungrier than before? Or did it take away the notion that they could compete with and become legitimate contenders? I lean towards the former. But, time will tell.
    Texas Forever.