Quote Originally Posted by Dawgs View Post
How good is Celina going to be this year? Are they legit title contenders? 4a is better when Celina is a contender. Hope you guys have a great season. Would love to see you guys surprise some people and win that district.

Celina should be much better this year. Last season, we were breaking in a new QB with a lot of new faces on the offensive line, and with a lack of playmakers in the skill positions. Our defense really kept things close in a lot of games. This year, the line will be more experienced, and we have some talent coming up from a really good JV team last year. And, if what I've been hearing is true, Celina is making a switch at QB, utilizing Noah Ross at WR/RB instead of under center. He's a really good athlete with great speed and agility. The Bobcats also bring back a very good junior RB, Logan Point. He got a lot of carries last year as a sophomore and did well. From what I've heard, he's worked hard in the weight room in the offseason, and is primed to have a huge season. We've got a couple of other speedy backs to go with him, too, and all of them are great pass catchers out of the backfield. At QB, the Bobcats could go with a junior, Hunter Watson, who throws a nice ball and has plenty of speed and athleticism to at least force teams to account for him. He is the younger brother of Brayden Watson, who was a stud WR on the 2015 Celina team.

Defensively, the Bobcats should be very good again. Our LB corps was young last year, and they'll have another year under their belts. We'll have a legit DI prospect at DE in Kaghen Roach. The dude is a monster. He single handedly kept the PG game from being completely out of hand. He's speedy, smart, hungry and just has a motor that won't quit. There will be a few more good pieces along the line to go with him, too. He'll force a double team against most teams. Logan Engle is one of the young LBs to keep an eye on. He was pretty good as a sophomore last year. He'll be very good this year.

All-in-all, I think Celina will have a much better team than last year. I think they can and will challenge for the district title. They may not have quite enough to take down Melissa, but, I think it'll be a fight. If the Bobcats have truly developed a passing game this offseason, like I've heard, then they'll be a serious contender. I think District 7 is Melissa's to lose, but Argyle and Celina and, heck, even Paris, will be right there in the thick of it.