Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
    All-District

Gosh, this use to be the bible for Texas HS football. Couldn't wait for it's release. Now, mistake filled team (even if 90% is accurate is too much) write ups, that with a little research and editing would be avoided. Curious, does anyone edit for accuracy of team content/info, not just misspellings? Is coaches contacted to confirm material, other than that generic team sheet each coach can submit like in Feb ?

When Dave had his hands in the finish product publication, you know things were nearly 100% accurate. DCTF too college oriented now days too.

Quote Originally Posted by Snotbubbles View Post
    Gosh, this use to be the bible for Texas HS football. Couldn't wait for it's release. Now, mistake filled team (even if 90% is accurate is too much) write ups, that with a little research and editing would be avoided. Curious, does anyone edit for accuracy of team content/info, not just misspellings? Is coaches contacted to confirm material, other than that generic team sheet each coach can submit like in Feb ?

When Dave had his hands in the finish product publication, you know things were nearly 100% accurate. DCTF too college oriented now days too.
    The problem could be in many places. Everyone has to understand that it's an extensive amount of effort to get this information, and the coaches have to take time out of their day to make sure DCTF gets the correct information. I can assure you that I've met plenty of coaches that could care less what is in a magazine, regardless of what magazine it is. I also knew a few coaches that could hardly spell. It's a matter of everyone putting for the effort to make sure it's right. I'm sure they do fill out a generic sheet and send it in, and if DCTF had to call EACH school and clarify that everything was correct, I mean... How long would that take?
    Atlanta Rabbits
    District Champs: 41, 45, 46, 47, 49, 50, 51, 53, 54, 57, 64, 66, 68, 70, 77, 78, 90, 91, 92, 94, 95, 98, 99, 01, 02, 03, 06
    Bi-District Champs: 48, 64, 77, 92, 94, 95, 98, 99, 01, 02, 03, 06, 12, 13, 14, 15
    Area Champs: 92, 94, 99, 03, 14, 15
    Regional Champs: 64, 92, 94, 99, 02, 03, 14, 15
    QF, SF Champs: 94, 03
    State Champs: 03

All-American

Still no magazines out in Walmart or HEB in Wharton. They said Monday or Tuesday

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by Snotbubbles View Post

There's many reasons there could be inaccuracies;

1) coaches don't turn anything in
    2) Coaches have bad handwriting
    3) late movement after deadline
    4) we are human and make mistakes

Whatever inaccuracies you found please send them my way.

matt.stepp@texasfootball.com

All-American

Has anyone bought a copy on the news stand where you live yet?Still hoping for Monday or Tuesday at HEB or Walmart in Wharton

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by Scoop27 View Post
    Has anyone bought a copy on the news stand where you live yet?Still hoping for Monday or Tuesday at HEB or Walmart in Wharton
    I checked a couple of stores today...one in Bryan and one in Burleson...no magazines there

All-American

I thought the magazine was done really well. The amount of information included in the magazine is staggering. Great job!

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by Bosqueville View Post
    I thought the magazine was done really well. The amount of information included in the magazine is staggering. Great job!

I enjoyed it, too. It's a good product. Are there mistakes? Sure. When you put together something that massive, there's going to be some mistakes, especially when you consider all the factors that Steps listed. But, by-and-large, it's solid information, and it's all in one place. And it's a preseason tradition. And it means the season is just around the river bend.
    Texas Forever.

All-American

I will never forget when I was a voracious reader as a kid how I would get this magazine the moment it came out in my town (Gilmer had a newsstand on the square that carried it) and devour it from cover to cover in one sitting. First, of course, I'd check out the summary of the Buckeyes.

At that age, all things were possible and I was still imagining myself as someday being on the cover (not as coach of the Aggies, though).

I liked reading about a variety of topics, but football was right at the top of the list of topics back then. It was just so exciting turning the pages. I am so glad there were not electronic devices or games when I grew up.

All-American

Still not in HEB or Walmart on Monday so far in Wharton

All-American

Called both in El Campo and no luck

Quote Originally Posted by Aesculus gilmus View Post
    I will never forget when I was a voracious reader as a kid how I would get this magazine the moment it came out in my town (Gilmer had a newsstand on the square that carried it) and devour it from cover to cover in one sitting. First, of course, I'd check out the summary of the Buckeyes.

At that age, all things were possible and I was still imagining myself as someday being on the cover (not as coach of the Aggies, though).

I liked reading about a variety of topics, but football was right at the top of the list of topics back then. It was just so exciting turning the pages. I am so glad there were not electronic devices or games when I grew up.
    Yep, we would be electronic brainwashed zombies like today's kids if we would've had those devices then.
    "Kaizen"

".......offense wins games, but DEFENSE wins championships!"

P.R.I.D.E.

Gilmer Buckeyes -State Champions:

2004 3A - Division II
    2009 3A - Division I
    2014 4A - Division II
    2023 4A - Division II

All-American

Here's an example of we are only as good as the info provided....had a HC call me today livid that his kid who was the leading returning WR in the state wasn't listed as all-state..I thought that was weird....went and looked and the kid was listed as RB....go figure...it was plausible he was changing positions since the school lost a record setting QB and we just figured he was changing positions so he could get the ball in his hands more....

All-American

Hoping magazine is in stores tomorrow so HEB and Walmart say before 4th of July

Letterman

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew328 View Post
    Here's an example of we are only as good as the info provided....had a HC call me today livid that his kid who was the leading returning WR in the state wasn't listed as all-state..I thought that was weird....went and looked and the kid was listed as RB....go figure...it was plausible he was changing positions since the school lost a record setting QB and we just figured he was changing positions so he could get the ball in his hands more....
    I work in the news print business, I can completely relate.