Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    All-American

Sweeny 3
    Cuero 1
    Final Score Game 1
    Ringo pitched the bottom of the 7th

All-State

Iowa Park won game 1 over Bushland 6-5 and Kilgore beat Crandall 2-1.
    Rockets Never Quit!

All-American
    Blog Entries

Lots of tight games to start this Sweet Sixteen Round. Argyle/Pleasant Grove tomorrow night......one and done for the loser. A tough way to go this late in the playoffs......same with the Final Four. Pleasant Grove did win the flip and chose the one-gamer.....it worked for them 2 yrs ago also. This will be the 8th straight meeting between Argyle and Pleasant Grove in the playoffs. PG won in 2016 & 2017.......Argyle won in 2014 & won it all in 2015. GO EAGLES!! Tough opponent. Pleasant Grove has a top-notch program in 4A Baseball. But now so does Argyle.
    Yesterdays are gone forever and tomorrows may never happen, but today you have the opportunity to make a difference.

All-American
    Blog Entries

Okay folks......this is the day of destiny for the players and coaching staff of this season's undefeated Argyle Eagles. If there is a team and a point in the season to ruin this fantastic run for the Eagles.......it happens tonight in the one-gamer against the Texarkana Pleasant Grove Hawks. Sure......the Eagles have defeated other teams in 5A and 6A that are perhaps better than these Hawks this season.....but not with so much on the line. The pressure will be exerted and felt from both teams.....should be a very good playoff game. And a very important one for all the other teams still playing. The entire group of playoff contenders still playing will be paying close attention to the result in this one. Good Luck to my Argyle Eagles tonight. It's baseball between two very good ballclubs with good programs......anything can happen. The winner advances to the regional final and the loser ......well the losing team will take it hard. The history between these two teams is very respectful.....but highly competitive. I hope the Argyle bats continue their attack tonite early. GO EAGLES!!!
    Last edited by regaleagle; 05-24-2018 at 06:25 AM.
    Yesterdays are gone forever and tomorrows may never happen, but today you have the opportunity to make a difference.

Letterman

Quote Originally Posted by regaleagle View Post
    Okay folks......this is the day of destiny for the players and coaching staff of this season's undefeated Argyle Eagles. If there is a team and a point in the season to ruin this fantastic run for the Eagles.......it happens tonight in the one-gamer against the Texarkana Pleasant Grove Hawks. Sure......the Eagles have defeated other teams in 5A and 6A that are perhaps better than these Hawks this season.....but not with so much on the line. The pressure will be exerted and felt from both teams.....should be a very good playoff game. And a very important one for all the other teams still playing. The entire group of playoff contenders still playing will be paying close attention to the result in this one. Good Luck to my Argyle Eagles tonight. It's baseball between two very good ballclubs with good programs......anything can happen. The winner advances to the regional final and the loser ......well the losing team will take it hard. The history between these two teams is very respectful.....but highly competitive. I hope the Argyle bats continue their attack tonite early. GO EAGLES!!!
    I agree that this is a tough, tough opponent for Argyle...but I don't think PG is the only one that could ruin the perfect season. Sweeny, Fredericksburg, Iowa Park, Robinson, and Godley are all VERY good this year.

All-State

Quote Originally Posted by Crow22 View Post
    I agree that this is a tough, tough opponent for Argyle...but I don't think PG is the only one that could ruin the perfect season. Sweeny, Fredericksburg, Iowa Park, Robinson, and Godley are all VERY good this year.
    That’s right, there are other very good teams in 4A this year; thanks for the reminder!

Rockets Never Quit!

All-American
    Blog Entries

One step at a time for the Eagles at this juncture. If they get to those matchups.....then I can make a comment at that time. I know none of you are refuting the fact that this year's Eagles are highly ranked by some baseball gurus in these United States. From the looks of their season so far.....can't say that I disagree with the ranking. It's very easy to lose a game in baseball no matter who you play.....but very difficult to remain undefeated the entire season.....enough said.