Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    All-American
    Blog Entries

Default Texas Rangers 2018

Not sure whether this year's team is worth following all season.......at the present time they are the AL West Cellar Dweller. The Rangers are 12.5 games behind the division-leading Astros, but more importantly a full 7 games back of the 4th place Athletics. With a won/loss record of 19-31 so far.....that's only a .380 winning percentage. It's still early in the season, but not really......50 games have already been played.....not quite 1/3 of the regular season. I've watched some games on TV this season and ended up watching something else.......just nothing there to grab my interest. I do enjoy watching the Astros play......they are a very good ball club and have a team chemistry that's exciting and will hold my interest. From what I have seen this season of the Rangers......looks like they cannot close out games when they have the lead......and strand runners in scoring position way too often at this level. They've got a long way to go to mesh into a winning team this season IMHO. As a longtime Rangers fan and living in the DFW area for most of my adult life......looks like I will be watching and pulling for the Astros again this season. I'm an Astros fan too, but for many years it was easy to pull for both because the teams were in different leagues......now they are in the same division of the same league. I'd be surprised if the Rangers are even in contention for a wildcard spot by season's end.....I just don't see very many positives about this team. But to be honest......I really haven't been following them much the past few seasons. I just don't like their chemistry and personnel......except for Adrian Beltre.....he's just an amazing baseball player. He's 39 now and will be ending his career shortly. Perhaps this is his last season......but what a career he has had, Huh!! All through the years the Rangers were never able to win it all......even with all of those great teams. Now they are definitely a longshot......too bad for Beltre........he deserved a ring.
    Yesterdays are gone forever and tomorrows may never happen, but today you have the opportunity to make a difference.

Blog Entries

If something doesn't change in a hurry then the Rangers will be bad for 10 years. There is no direction. The coaching staff is awful compared to what it was 5 years ago. We have one of the worst pitching coaches in all of baseball. We are glorifying at player that will never hit above .215 in Joey Gallo. He is on the fast track to the most over rated player in Texas Rangers history. Our only hope is we rebuild for the next 3 years and are able to sign some good free agents with the selling point being a new stadium wih AC.

This is the least amount of games I have watched since 1995. I ave yet to watch a full game. Like regaleagle stated, there is nothing to grab my attention. At least in the early to mid 2000s they were fun to watch. This team is absolutely boring to watch. JD needs to go. He has single handedly drove this organization into the ground.
    #37 Ranked Downlow Poster- Coach

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by coach View Post
    ...JD needs to go. He has single handedly drove this organization into the ground.
    Ditto.

The Rangers organization knew going into this year that they wouldnt be very good so for anybody to be surprised is a shock. The Rangers are building for the future and the plan is to be contenders when the new stadium opens up. The Rangers are one of the youngest teams with really good talent and will unload the older veterans and bring in some young talent. Its gonna take some time but in two years the Rangers will be back.
    1stand10

Quote Originally Posted by orange machine View Post
    The Rangers organization knew going into this year that they wouldnt be very good so for anybody to be surprised is a shock. The Rangers are building for the future and the plan is to be contenders when the new stadium opens up. The Rangers are one of the youngest teams with really good talent and will unload the older veterans and bring in some young talent. Its gonna take some time but in two years the Rangers will be back.
    Yep...tearing it down to be exciting by 2020 and compete by 2021. Amazing how people STILL want to run down JD. Like he said..when you have a 10 year run that the Rangers had at some point the system will get thin. Unless you are the Yanks or Red Sox, that means you go thru cycles. This is a down one for Texas.
    Sideline To Sideline Show Each Week at https://lonestargridiron.com/categor...-to-sideline//

All-American

Yep.......we BAD!!! They may not win 65 games.
    Originally posted by Ranger Mom
    Umm...what is a sweet beaver??
    the best kind???

Yep. It took them 51 games to break the 20 win barrier. I'll have to admit, though, you sometimes see flashes of what could be a contender. The Rangers just don't have the pitching, nor the consistent hitters they've had in the past. The team batting average has to go up about 30 to 40 points, and the pitching has to be better for them to be consistently good. No doubt they are loaded with some power hitters, they just have to more consistent at the plate. Lots of injuries haven't helped.
    "Kaizen"

".......offense wins games, but DEFENSE wins championships!"

P.R.I.D.E.

Gilmer Buckeyes -State Champions:

2004 3A - Division II
    2009 3A - Division I
    2014 4A - Division II
    2023 4A - Division II

All-American

They don't have one single pitcher, that starts the game, that I think.......hey, we have a chance tonight.
    Originally posted by Ranger Mom
    Umm...what is a sweet beaver??
    the best kind???

Quote Originally Posted by lostaussie View Post
    They don't have one single pitcher, that starts the game, that I think.......hey, we have a chance tonight.
    Certainly not one that you think is a sure win. It used to be where you actually knew a pitcher was going to keep you in a game. Now it's hit and miss with the pitchers, and the offense can be hard to come by.
    "Kaizen"

P.R.I.D.E.

2004 3A - Division II
    2009 3A - Division I
    2014 4A - Division II
    2023 4A - Division II

I’m enjoying this thread

Starter

The Rangers mortgaged the future by making several deadline deals to be contenders since the last World Series appearance. They gave up the farm to get Cole Hamels and Jonathan Lucroy, among several others.

But I won't fault Jon Daniels for it. Flags fly forever, just like with the Mavs, who went for it and got to skate the Larry (they've sucked ever since, but hey, they got that ring.). The Rangers went for it themselves and unfortunately came up short. Now it's time to tear down and start over. I'd start by offering to pay anyone to get Choo off the books.
    24 down ... 24 to go.

The coaching staff needs some new blood, in my opinion, and I would start with the hitting coach and the pitching coach.
    "Kaizen"

P.R.I.D.E.

2004 3A - Division II
    2009 3A - Division I
    2014 4A - Division II
    2023 4A - Division II

Starter

This team proves you can't win a pennant in April, but you sure as hell can lose one. Their bullpen is an absolute joke. They might be close to a .500 team and in marginal wild card contention with a better relief corps. I'll grant you it doesn't help when Fake Dirk can't finish the fifth.
    24 down ... 24 to go.

All-District

I moved to Dallas in 2015. I've caught the Stros when they visited. I love the all you can eat porch in right field. I'm not a Rangers fan but I pull for Banny. He's a La Marque grad.

All-American
    Blog Entries

The Rangers won again tonite against the Padres 7-4 at home. They have been on the winning side of the record for the last 15 games, but are still the Cellar Dwellers of the American League West. To put it in perspective......The Rangers would have to win 20 of the next 30 games on their schedule just to get to .500......that's how bad they started this season. To win 66% of 30 games in a stretch is asking alot out of any team in MLB. The Rangers will be lucky to finish this season at 5 games over .500 IMHO. They are just about halfway thru their season right now and are 10 games behind .500 ball.
    Yesterdays are gone forever and tomorrows may never happen, but today you have the opportunity to make a difference.