All-American

Default 7on7 Pools for This Week

Gatesville
    http://www.texasfootball.com/gatesville-sqt-pools-2/

Fredericksburg
    http://www.texasfootball.com/frederi...g-sqt-pools-2/

Columbia
    http://www.texasfootball.com/columbia-sqt-pools/

Still waiting on Spring Hill and Hitchcock....I had Gainesville but two teams dropped out today....that's 4 teams who have dropped since Saturday..

What teams have pulled out of Gainsville?
    1stand10

Gatesville SQT projections:

Pool A: Groesbeck
    Pool B: Stephenville
    Pool C: Brownwood
    Pool D: Gatesville

Qualifiers: Stephenville & Brownwood.

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by orange machine View Post
    What teams have pulled out of Gainsville?

Anyone have the Gainesville pools? Or even just a list of teams participating?
    Texas Forever.

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew328 View Post

Thanks, Matt!

It may not have done much for their state qualifying chances, but I wish Celina had been put in that pool with Graham and Melissa just to get some really solid tournament competition. Oh, well. Hopefully they'll play one of those teams in the qualifying round. Decatur should give Celina plenty of competition, too, I would think, unless they're way down this year.
    Texas Forever.

All-American

I think the pools are fairly balanced....obviously Gainesville has the edge with being the home team but Springtown and Godley in the pool next to them aren't push overs and it seems like Pool C and D each gave 2 really tough teams....

All-American

All-American

See y'all at the state tournament
    Originally posted by Ranger Mom
    Umm...what is a sweet beaver??
    the best kind???

All-American

I think the pools are fairly balanced....obviously Gainesville has the edge with being the home team but Springtown and Godley in the pool next to them aren't push overs and it seems like Pool C and D each gave 2 really tough teams....

I agree. The pools are fine the way they are set up. I just want Celina to get a really good summer of competition. They'll be in a fight for a playoff spot come Fall.
    Texas Forever.

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by d0tc0m View Post
    I agree. The pools are fine the way they are set up. I just want Celina to get a really good summer of competition. They'll be in a fight for a playoff spot come Fall.
    Celina having to struggle to make the playoffs is a new concept. But I do understand what has happened there. The cancerous march northward of the megalopolis has finally reached you.

Gilmer High School meanwhile sits at just south of 700 students and will remain at that number or even decline in coming years. The only question is whether the GISD finally having gotten the voters to approve a new high school here on the third attempt will cause parents to move into the district.

It might, but that increase will be counterbalanced by the growing conservative "we love Dan Patrick and we hate public schools" crowd who will spur continued growth in home and private schooling.

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by Aesculus gilmus View Post
    Celina having to struggle to make the playoffs is a new concept. But I do understand what has happened there. The cancerous march northward of the megalopolis has finally reached you.

Gilmer High School meanwhile sits at just south of 700 students and will remain at that number or even decline in coming years. The only question is whether the GISD finally having gotten the voters to approve a new high school here on the third attempt will cause parents to move into the district.

It might, but that increase will be counterbalanced by the growing conservative "we love Dan Patrick and we hate public schools" crowd who will spur continued growth in home and private schooling.

Oh, having to struggle was said a bit tongue-in-cheek. I think they'll make the playoffs just fine. They bring back some pretty good talent and are filtering up a really, really good JV team. But, this will be the toughest district Celina has been in since 2002, in my opinion (when we bumped up to 3A and had Gainesville, Pottsboro, Pilot Point and defending state runner-up Van Alstyne).

The DFW war-machine is certainly swallowing up Celina. But, with the increasing numbers will come an increase in talent, resources, etc. Celina will still compete. But it's a far cry from the way it felt when I was in HS and even before that.

Glad Gilmer is getting their new HS. And, I cannot, for the life of me, understand what anyone sees in Dan Patrick. We're fighting a similar battle here in Missouri with our Governor Eric Greitens. He talks like a disciple of Patrick.
    Texas Forever.

Glad Gilmer is getting their new HS. And, I cannot, for the life of me, understand what anyone sees in Dan Patrick. We're fighting a similar battle here in Missouri with our Governor Eric Greitens. He talks like a disciple of Patrick.

Ok, I'm gonna break a site rule.
    The so-called "conservatives" have gotten their way so much over the past three decades, that it seems any proposals they have left are not only counter productive, but just plain weird.
    SWEETWATER

IS GOOD !!!!!!!

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Stang View Post

Ok, I'm gonna break a site rule.
    The so-called "conservatives" have gotten their way so much over the past three decades, that it seems any proposals they have left are not only counter productive, but just plain weird.

At this point in our culture, conservative, liberal, republic, democrat ... it's all just a bunch of nonsense that means nothing anymore. You might as well call them team names like the Rangers, the Cowboys, the Oilers, the Mavericks ... etc. It's all about picking your team and winning. Just win, baby! That's the way of American politics these days.
    Texas Forever.

All-American

At this point in our culture, conservative, liberal, republic, democrat ... it's all just a bunch of nonsense that means nothing anymore. You might as well call them team names like the Rangers, the Cowboys, the Oilers, the Mavericks ... etc. It's all about picking your team and winning. Just win, baby! That's the way of American politics these days.

And now, good grief, I'm stepping down off the box. This is a freaking 7-on-7 topic and here we are wasting digital typespace on these crooked knuckleheads.
    Texas Forever.