Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Reg IV Regional Quarterfinal Baseball

Cuero vs Devine

Series @ Marion

Thursday - 7 pm
    Friday - 5 PM
    Game 3 - if necessary following 5 pm game...

Isn't it strange that after a bombing everyone blames the Crazy Azz bomber(s), but after a shooting the problem is the gun?

Wimberley (23-3-1) vs Fredericksburg (25-6)

@ St Mary's University (San Antonio)

Friday - 7:00 pm (1) game playoff
    The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have..... Vince Lombardi

All-State

Quote Originally Posted by 44INAROW View Post
    Cuero vs Devine

Series @ Marion

Thursday - 7 pm
    Friday - 5 PM
    Game 3 - if necessary following 5 pm game...

My prediction, Cuero wins series
    Rockets Never Quit!

All-State

Quote Originally Posted by Tejastrue View Post
    Wimberley (23-3-1) vs Fredericksburg (25-6)

@ St Mary's University (San Antonio)

Friday - 7:00 pm (1) game playoff
    My prediction, Fred wins the series
    Rockets Never Quit!

Texans defeated the Billies early this season (3-2). One game...you just never know.

All-State

Texans defeated the Billies early this season (3-2). One game...you just never know.
    I didn't notice it was a one gamer when I replied earlier; I still pick the Fred Billies.

You're right about one gamers though, we lost against an inferior Taylor team a few years ago and were done.

Last year, the inferior team got their one gamer; however, we won and moved on.
    Rockets Never Quit!

By no means do I think the Texans are an inferior team. Neither should the Billies. I've always said it should be the best of 3. No excuses.

All-State

By no means do I think the Texans are an inferior team. Neither should the Billies. I've always said it should be the best of 3. No excuses.
    I didn’t say you did and didn’t mean for anything I said to imply you did, sorry if it came across that way. When I said you’re right, I was referring to “you never know what can happen”

The “inferior” references were strictly about the teams we played.
    Rockets Never Quit!

Letterman

Boerne won the flip for a 1 game series with Sweeny too.

That sucks.

Fredericksburg / Wimberley and Sweeny / Boerne are both 1 game series. 4 of the best teams in the state hinging their seasons on one game. The UIL should eliminate this option in my opinion.

All-State

Quote Originally Posted by Crow22 View Post
    Boerne won the flip for a 1 game series with Sweeny too.

That sucks.

Fredericksburg / Wimberley and Sweeny / Boerne are both 1 game series. 4 of the best teams in the state hinging their seasons on one game. The UIL should eliminate this option in my opinion.
    Maddie-ville won the flip against us and chose a one gamer too..........you are not alone.
    Rockets Never Quit!

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Man View Post
    Maddie-ville won the flip against us and chose a one gamer too..........you are not alone.

Here in Missouri, after the regular season, you go immediately into the single-elimination postseason - everyone is included, technically - beginning with a district tournament. Typically, as a 1- or 2-seed, you have to win three games there, then you move into the actual state playoff bracket, where two wins gets you to the Final Four, and two more wins gets you a state championship. This is all one-and-done format. So, by and large, a team has to go on a 7-0 stretch to win a state title. That's a brutally hard thing to do, and it's not always the actual best team that makes it out alive. I've seen several teams that would've easily won a state title with a best-of-three format fall short because of an off day.

The fact that Texas even has a best-of-three option is big-time. But, I'm with you guys, I think it needs to be the only way, not just an option. I'd also love to see them carry it all the way through, even in the state championship.
    Texas Forever.

All-State

Quote Originally Posted by d0tc0m View Post
    Here in Missouri, after the regular season, you go immediately into the single-elimination postseason - everyone is included, technically - beginning with a district tournament. Typically, as a 1- or 2-seed, you have to win three games there, then you move into the actual state playoff bracket, where two wins gets you to the Final Four, and two more wins gets you a state championship. This is all one-and-done format. So, by and large, a team has to go on a 7-0 stretch to win a state title. That's a brutally hard thing to do, and it's not always the actual best team that makes it out alive. I've seen several teams that would've easily won a state title with a best-of-three format fall short because of an off day.

The fact that Texas even has a best-of-three option is big-time. But, I'm with you guys, I think it needs to be the only way, not just an option. I'd also love to see them carry it all the way through, even in the state championship..
    You are speaking my language Amigo!!!!
    Rockets Never Quit!

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Man View Post
    You are speaking my language Amigo!!!!

It seems nonsensical, to me, to have teams playing best-of-three all the way through, and then, once you get to the Final Four, it's suddenly one-and-done. Is it a little inconvenient? Perhaps. Will it take a little longer to play out? Yes. Is it worth it? Yes, in my opinion.
    Texas Forever.

Letterman

Quote Originally Posted by d0tc0m View Post
    It seems nonsensical, to me, to have teams playing best-of-three all the way through, and then, once you get to the Final Four, it's suddenly one-and-done. Is it a little inconvenient? Perhaps. Will it take a little longer to play out? Yes. Is it worth it? Yes, in my opinion.
    Totally agree

All-State

Rockets blank Maddie 2-0 and move on!
    Rockets Never Quit!