Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    All-American

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Man View Post
    You are speaking my language Amigo!!!!

It seems nonsensical, to me, to have teams playing best-of-three all the way through, and then, once you get to the Final Four, it's suddenly one-and-done. Is it a little inconvenient? Perhaps. Will it take a little longer to play out? Yes. Is it worth it? Yes, in my opinion.
    Texas Forever.

Letterman

Quote Originally Posted by d0tc0m View Post
    It seems nonsensical, to me, to have teams playing best-of-three all the way through, and then, once you get to the Final Four, it's suddenly one-and-done. Is it a little inconvenient? Perhaps. Will it take a little longer to play out? Yes. Is it worth it? Yes, in my opinion.
    Totally agree

All-State

Rockets blank Maddie 2-0 and move on!
    Rockets Never Quit!

All-District

Congrats to the Rockets on the win. Sounds like it was a great game. Would be nice if state tourney was double elimination just like an NCAA regional. Sadly, this will NEVER happen. Reasons being: Would need 6 fields and all the staff/workers to go with it. UIL would never have such a thing. They want to put as little work/effort into baseball state championship as possible. This is their last event of the year before they can all go on vacation. They are all about just getting the thing over with. My opinion, have places bid out to host each classification and let local folks or the THSBCA oversee the whole operation much like the current playoff series are done. Uil will never do this though, because they have to have their hand in everything.