Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Man View Post
Maddie-ville won the flip against us and chose a one gamer too..........you are not alone.

Here in Missouri, after the regular season, you go immediately into the single-elimination postseason - everyone is included, technically - beginning with a district tournament. Typically, as a 1- or 2-seed, you have to win three games there, then you move into the actual state playoff bracket, where two wins gets you to the Final Four, and two more wins gets you a state championship. This is all one-and-done format. So, by and large, a team has to go on a 7-0 stretch to win a state title. That's a brutally hard thing to do, and it's not always the actual best team that makes it out alive. I've seen several teams that would've easily won a state title with a best-of-three format fall short because of an off day.

The fact that Texas even has a best-of-three option is big-time. But, I'm with you guys, I think it needs to be the only way, not just an option. I'd also love to see them carry it all the way through, even in the state championship.