Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Carthage

Quote Originally Posted by rb585 View Post
    I feel like I'm taking crazy pills here.

Football coaches punish football players for EVERYTHING.

If there's a rumor that they were drinking, they can get punished.

If they were late for class, they can get punished.

If they mouthed off to another teacher, they can get punished.

That happens every freaking day in high school football in this state.

But apparently in your (and Saggy Aggy's) strange little world, you can't punish the star QB for sharing a clandestine recording you made of a naked sophomore unless the DA levels a charge.

Being late for class or mouthing off to a teacher are facts, not up for debate. Students get punished for that all time in sports. I was more of a basketball guy in hs but our coaches did the same thing so not disagreeing there.

I don’t agree with punishing someone based on a rumor or some he said/she said. Anyone can accuse anyone of anything or start any rumor.

If it turns out there’s evidence of wrongdoing, I’m all for appropriate punishment - whatever that may be.

I want comment on this specific case. However, our teachers and coaches have enough to deal with educating our children. They should not be responsible for investigating and punishing crimes committed outside of school. We have a justice system set up to handle crime.
    Carthage Bulldogs

2008, 2009, 2010, 2013, 2016, 2017, 2019, 2020, 2022

9 X State Football Champs

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by oldtownag View Post
    I want comment on this specific case. However, our teachers and coaches have enough to deal with educating our children. They should not be responsible for investigating and punishing crimes committed outside of school. We have a justice system set up to handle crime.
    I agree with you 100% Right up until the coach watched the video and did nothing. I hope guilty parties get what's coming to them.

But I also hope this doesn't turn into a Coach Surratt witch Hunt.
    Originally posted by Ranger Mom
    Umm...what is a sweet beaver??
    the best kind???

Quote Originally Posted by lostaussie View Post
    I agree with you 100% Right up until the coach watched the video and did nothing. I hope guilty parties get what's coming to them.

But I also hope this doesn't turn into a Coach Surratt witch Hunt.
    That would be commenting on this case. I agree that a coach that watched the video and did nothing is not acceptable.
    Carthage Bulldogs

2008, 2009, 2010, 2013, 2016, 2017, 2019, 2020, 2022

9 X State Football Champs

All-American

Not to jump ship on the previous topic, but, I saw last night that Chris Smith has left Carthage to join Riley Dodge's staff at SLC. He was a part of all of the Bulldogs' state championships, yes? With Surratt still in place, I can't imagine much instability. I'm sure he'll hire a good replacement. Just curious as to what kind of impact, if any, the Carthage faithful think this personnel loss will have.
    Texas Forever.

All-District

Quote Originally Posted by d0tc0m View Post
    Not to jump ship on the previous topic, but, I saw last night that Chris Smith has left Carthage to join Riley Dodge's staff at SLC. He was a part of all of the Bulldogs' state championships, yes? With Surratt still in place, I can't imagine much instability. I'm sure he'll hire a good replacement. Just curious as to what kind of impact, if any, the Carthage faithful think this personnel loss will have.
    This has been in the works for a while. Smith was gone from 2014-2016. He was a quality control coach at Texas A&M. He is a great o-line coach. It’s a pretty big loss, but Carthage won a title without him. I think everybody is really happy for him. That is a great job, and another step towards being a big time HC one day. He will do well.

One person not mentioned enough is Darren Preston. Carthage DC. He will surely leave for a HC job one day too. Now that one will really sting IMO.

Carthage will go through what Gilmer has gone through over the last few years, eventually. It's really hard to replace quality coaches. One coach here and there is not nearly as hard on continuity as losing several at a time like we have.
    "Kaizen"

".......offense wins games, but DEFENSE wins championships!"

P.R.I.D.E.

Gilmer Buckeyes -State Champions:

2004 3A - Division II
    2009 3A - Division I
    2014 4A - Division II
    2023 4A - Division II