Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Carthage

All-American

Another interesting layer that could complicate things is in a small town there are lots of connections....lots of intertwined paths etc....

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by Saggy Aggie View Post
    A lot of he said she said. Surratt isn’t directly called out as being involved. Will be interesting to see how it plays out
    Being named in a lawsuit isn't being called out?

Stink on stink , low man wins = Ricebird football.

All-State

Quote Originally Posted by bobcat1 View Post
    I'll see your and raise you one

Rockets Never Quit!

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Man View Post
    I'll see your and raise you one

I'll see your and you one.

"Kaizen"

".......offense wins games, but DEFENSE wins championships!"

P.R.I.D.E.

Gilmer Buckeyes -State Champions:

2004 3A - Division II
    2009 3A - Division I
    2014 4A - Division II
    2023 4A - Division II

All-American

There’s some butt-puckering going on in Carthage right now... geez.

All-American
    Blog Entries

Sounds to me like there is enough knowledge and enough evidence against the star qb that he should never have been allowed to play last season. If true, then Carthage should be stripped of their title.....end of story. And this may actually happen when all is said and done. Evidently, the knowledge of a video of these two girls nude was seen by enough students that it became a big big ordeal. This kind of situation could not have escaped the knowledge and attention of the coaching staff and teachers.....which means the principal also had knowledge of the incident. Looks like a cover-up of all involved to me......trying to sweep the issue under the rug to save some hides. This is only my opinion from reading the story and using common sense to arrive at some very probable conclusions. The facts will come out, and then we will see who is guilty and who is exonerated from this incident. I don't think the plaintiffs will lose in this suit.....CISD better get ready to pucker up and take the hit.
    Yesterdays are gone forever and tomorrows may never happen, but today you have the opportunity to make a difference.

All-District

Quote Originally Posted by regaleagle View Post
    Sounds to me like there is enough knowledge and enough evidence against the star qb that he should never have been allowed to play last season. If true, then Carthage should be stripped of their title.....end of story. And this may actually happen when all is said and done. Evidently, the knowledge of a video of these two girls nude was seen by enough students that it became a big big ordeal. This kind of situation could not have escaped the knowledge and attention of the coaching staff and teachers.....which means the principal also had knowledge of the incident. Looks like a cover-up of all involved to me......trying to sweep the issue under the rug to save some hides. This is only my opinion from reading the story and using common sense to arrive at some very probable conclusions. The facts will come out, and then we will see who is guilty and who is exonerated from this incident. I don't think the plaintiffs will lose in this suit.....CISD better get ready to pucker up and take the hit.
    Stripped of their title? This is bigger than football, but that sounds silly.

Quote Originally Posted by speedbump View Post
    Being named in a lawsuit isn't being called out?
    You missed the “involved” part. It’s not clear to me from the article why he would be named in the lawsuit. That is the only mention of Surratt.

I suppose the kid was allowed to play since he hadn’t been charged with any crime and it would be unfair to him to assume guilty until proven innocent.

I don’t see any evidence to say Surratt in particular did anything wrong. Not saying that evidence won’t come out eventually, but to date it hasn’t. I saw plenty about an assistant coach though.

Quote Originally Posted by regaleagle View Post
    What compelling evidence was there that proves the qb did this? I have seen nothing other than he said she said. Was he charged with a crime? Are we assuming guilty until proven innocent?

All-District

Quote Originally Posted by Saggy Aggie View Post
    What compelling evidence was there that proves the qb did this? I have seen nothing other than he said she said. Was he charged with a crime? Are we assuming guilty until proven innocent?
    Actually, all you've heard is evidence that he did do it.

The other side is refusing to speak thus far in their defense.

All-American

This right here..
    “The FBI has collected forensic evidence to show that (the student) extensively distributed the video, converted for larger displays, hosted it on a file share platform, and took other actions over an extended time that increased viewership for the video," the lawsuit states.

All-American

Charlie Strong said it best. Four years later, it's pretty much over. What's hilarious is all the people blaming Russia. Americans did this to themselves. We didn't need any help from a foreign power to destroy ourselves from within.

https://fansided.com/2014/07/22/texa...nfall-society/

Junior Varsity

I believe Forrest Gump summed it up well:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edmqTODMZC4

Quote Originally Posted by Bosqueville View Post
    This right here..
    “The FBI has collected forensic evidence to show that (the student) extensively distributed the video, converted for larger displays, hosted it on a file share platform, and took other actions over an extended time that increased viewership for the video," the lawsuit states.
    When did this information come out? Was the student charged with a crime?