Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Carthage

Blog Entries

Default Carthage

Crazy story about Surratt and their football program. I hope it isn't true, but if it is he should never be able to work with kids again.
    #37 Ranked Downlow Poster- Coach

Where is the story?
    I tried finding something online about him and do not see anything .

Blog Entries
    #37 Ranked Downlow Poster- Coach

A lot of he said she said. Surratt isn’t directly called out as being involved. Will be interesting to see how it plays out

All-American

There's some kind of storm brewing out in Panola County.
    Texas Forever.

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by d0tc0m View Post
    There's some kind of storm brewing out in Panola County.
    I can see how Suratt might suffer an Art Briles-style "guilt by association" outcome here.

Believe it or not, I hope not. I actually have always admired the guy and his program and I love the Buckeyes-Bulldogs rivalry.

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by Aesculus gilmus View Post
    I can see how Suratt might suffer an Art Briles-style "guilt by association" outcome here.

Believe it or not, I hope not. I actually have always admired the guy and his program and I love the Buckeyes-Bulldogs rivalry.

If he had knowledge of this — and it's hard to see how he didn't — then it's not a mere guilt by association. Surratt is legally a mandated reporter. And if he failed to report this, then I just can't see a scenario where he keeps his job.

I'm sure we'll get more of the story in the coming days and weeks, as the facts start to come to light.
    Texas Forever.

All-State

Oh my wow wow!
    Rockets Never Quit!

All-District

Quote Originally Posted by coach View Post
    Crazy story about Surratt and their football program. I hope it isn't true, but if it is he should never be able to work with kids again.
    GTFOH. “Never work with kids again”? You have no freaking idea what he has done for kids in his community.

All-District

If he had knowledge of this — and it's hard to see how he didn't — then it's not a mere guilt by association. Surratt is legally a mandated reporter. And if he failed to report this, then I just can't see a scenario where he keeps his job.

I'm sure we'll get more of the story in the coming days and weeks, as the facts start to come to light.
    Read the document. They told the mother to turn it over to the police. She did. Then the ball was dropped. This did not happen at school, and it was “he said, she said” at the time of he incident. This happened in April of 2016. Surratt probably should’ve done more (ie...suspend the player or some discipline). Man these lynch mobs in our society today are ridiculous. That was one side of the story. Not everything in that document has been proven in a court of law. The FBI was involved. If they would’ve thought the AD and Super had seen this video, then they would’ve acted. This is a civil matter now.

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgs View Post
    Read the document. They told the mother to turn it over to the police. She did. Then the ball was dropped. This did not happen at school, and it was “he said, she said” at the time of he incident. This happened in April of 2016. Surratt probably should’ve done more (ie...suspend the player or some discipline). Man these lynch mobs in our society today are ridiculous. That was one side of the story. Not everything in that document has been proven in a court of law. The FBI was involved. If they would’ve thought the AD and Super had seen this video, then they would’ve acted. This is a civil matter now.

I read the document, thanks. If Surratt thought it was worth turning into the police — I'm paraphrasing you here, not quoting anything from the article — then how in the hell did he allow the young man to stay on the team? And, for what it's worth, simply telling a parent to take something to the police does not let a mandated reporter off the hook.
    Texas Forever.

All-District

I’m not condoning what happened to the girl. Inexcusable. Things should’ve definitely been handled differently. But now with only one side of the story and all things not yet proven as fact, we are ready to burn the whole thing down? Tarnish a legendary coach? Let this play out. Hopefully the mother and daughter get the justice they are looking for, and find some closure. But let’s not start burning down Surratt and the athletic program without all the facts. This should’ve never escalated to this level.

All-District

I read the document, thanks. If Surratt thought it was worth turning into the police — I'm paraphrasing you here, not quoting anything from the article — then how in the hell did he allow the young man to stay on the team? And, for what it's worth, simply telling a parent to take something to the police does not let a mandated reporter off the hook.
    The principle told the mother to turn it over to police. Like I said read the article. I didn’t say anywhere that Surratt told the mother anything. The young man was allowed to play because the whole thing was a fiasco. If they would’ve punished the kid it would probably be another lawsuit. I’m not defending the kid playing, but to act like it’s time for everybody’s head to roll is ridiculous.

All-American

This all comes down to Who Knew, When they Knew and what did they do? I will say IF there was an assistant coach spreading that video around then that is bad....real bad....because its hard for me to believe an assistant coach knew and others didnt know....its terrible for the girl and her family for sure....facts gotta play out but folks are going to be digging now....

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgs View Post
    I’m not condoning what happened to the girl. Inexcusable. Things should’ve definitely been handled differently. But now with only one side of the story and all things not yet proven as fact, we are ready to burn the whole thing down? Tarnish a legendary coach? Let this play out. Hopefully the mother and daughter get the justice they are looking for, and find some closure. But let’s not start burning down Surratt and the athletic program without all the facts. This should’ve never escalated to this level.

Who's burning anything down? Where's the lynch mob? You'll notice in my post that I said that we'll know more about what happened in the coming days/weeks as the FACTS come to light. None of us have the power to tarnish the legacy of Surratt. We do, however, have the power to read the article, to read the lawsuit, and have conversation about the issue and develop opinions about what we feel should happen IF certain behavior or lack of action by certain parties is found to be true.
    Texas Forever.