Default District 31 -4a Showdown #1

Robstown (2-0,8-2) at Sinton (2-0, 7-3) 7 pm tonight
    Both teams return most of their team from last season. Sinton 8 starters and Robstown 7 starters.
    Last year they split in district with each winning at home but Sinton won the district with only 1 loss. Last meeting was for Region IV title game 3

Man that was exciting. Let us know how the game goes tonight.

Salazar's 10th inning double pushes Robstown past Sinton in area baseball clash
    Len Hayward, Corpus Christi Caller-Times Published 10:38 p.m. CT March 16, 2018

HIGH SCHOOL BASEBALL

DISTRICT 31-4A

ROBSTOWN 2, SINTON 0 (10 innings)

What this game means: The Cotton Pickers pick up a big win against their chief competition for the District 31-4A championship as they are now 3-0 in district play. Sinton meanwhile falls to 2-1 in league play.

Friday’s highlights: Pitchers dominated the game. Robstown starter Jacob Garcia and Pirates hurler Mason Hopkins pitched 14.2 innings and struck out a combined for 21 strikeouts while allowing no runs. The Cotton Pickers broke through in the top of the 10th after Sinton elected to walk Austin Kwiatkowski to load the bases but Nick Salazar responded with a two-run double that provided the game-winning runs.

Friday’s stars: Garcia and Hopkins were joined by relievers Victor Moreno from Robstown and Mike Mendez from Sinton in making this a pitcher's duel. Mendez was tagged with the loss but after allowing the two runs he struck out the final two batters of the 10th to end the inning. Moreno, meanwhile, earned the victory pitching 2.1 innings and striking out one. Garcia struck out 10 and Hopkins struck out 11. At the plate, Garcia and Jessie Gonzalez each went 2 for 4 for Robstown. Mendez finished 2 for 5 at the plate and Chris Garcia was 2 for 4 for the Pirates.

Next: Sinton plays at Aransas Pass on March 20 and Robstown will face Rockport-Fulton at home.

Sinton did get thier lead off hitter back for one at bat, he has miss the whole season so far, he pinch hit in extra innings and double with a runner on base. Runner was held at 3rd with 1 out. He might be ready to play in outfield next game.

Last year game in the first district matchup was similar with Robstown winning that one 1-0. Showdown #2 will be in Robstown and like the chances with a final showdown for region title between these two teams again.

Letterman

Quote Originally Posted by SintonFan_inAustin View Post
    Sinton did get thier lead off hitter back for one at bat, he has miss the whole season so far, he pinch hit in extra innings and double with a runner on base. Runner was held at 3rd with 1 out. He might be ready to play in outfield next game.

Last year game in the first district matchup was similar with Robstown winning that one 1-0. Showdown #2 will be in Robstown and like the chances with a final showdown for region title between these two teams again.
    Sweeny might have something to say about that region title showdown.....

Quote Originally Posted by Crow22 View Post
    Sweeny might have something to say about that region title showdown.....
    I'm sure they'll be in the way and so will most likely Boerne. But just as both those teams return players/pitchers so did Sinton and Robstown.

Sealy also they're the ones that beat Sweeny last year.
    Zapata from D16 gave Sinton a good run in 2nd round and they did lose their main player from last season but return some good ones and played pretty good defense.

Letterman

I'm sure they'll be in the way and so will most likely Boerne. But just as both those teams return players/pitchers so did Sinton and Robstown.

Sealy also they're the ones that beat Sweeny last year.
    Zapata from D16 gave Sinton a good run in 2nd round and they did lose they're main player from last season but return some good ones and played pretty good defense.
    Wrong. Sweeny lost to Navarro last year.

Sweeny and Sealy scrimmaged this year. I think the final score was 15-0.

Wrong. Sweeny lost to Navarro last year.

Sweeny and Sealy scrimmaged this year. I think the final score was 15-0.
    yea your right had looked it up earlier before i took a nap lol i was thinking of Sealy records this season.

yea that was a good win against Sealy team even though it was a scrimmage. These matchups will most likely happen in later rounds.

Letterman

yea your right had looked it up earlier before i took a nap lol i was thinking of Sealy records this season.

yea that was a good win against Sealy team even though it was a scrimmage. These matchups will most likely happen.
    Sweeny was heavy sophomore laden last year. Now juniors...4 juniors committed (Rice, Rice, A&M, Blinn) and 1 senior (New Mexico JC). Couple more that will be committed sooner than later. They're absolutely loaded for the next 2 years.

Sweeny was heavy sophomore laden last year. Now juniors...4 juniors committed (Rice, Rice, A&M, Blinn) and 1 senior (New Mexico JC). Couple more that will be committed sooner than later. They're absolutely loaded for the next 2 years.
    That is loaded and they're usually are it seems every year. I've only listen to couple of their broadcast on their baseball website and they seem to be solid in their lineup.