Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    All-American
    Blog Entries

Does he get credit for an RBI on that passed ball run-scored??? I guess not......otherwise he would have had 12 RBI's and 3 grand slams.

4 swings of the bat all night......crazy!!!
    Last edited by regaleagle; 04-21-2018 at 05:48 AM.
    Yesterdays are gone forever and tomorrows may never happen, but today you have the opportunity to make a difference.

All-American
    Blog Entries

Well it looks like most of the districts in Class 4A either clinched or completed district play now. Argyle (25-0/8-0) still has 2 more district games to play, but clinched with Friday's 11-1 win over Krum.

Please list your district winner and record so far, or if the district champ has still not be determined.
    Yesterdays are gone forever and tomorrows may never happen, but today you have the opportunity to make a difference.

Wimberley Texans (18-3-1) are tied at the top of 27-4A with the Navarro Panthers (14-10-1). Both at 5-1 with two games remaining. The La Vernia Bears (17-6) are just a half game back at 5-2. Not surprising that the Texans final two district games are against both of these squads. It's the old cliche..."they control their own destiny".
    The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have..... Vince Lombardi

All-District

Quote Originally Posted by regaleagle View Post
    I didn't realize it until now......and nobody corrected me. The website should be txhighschoolbaseball.com........not THSBCA.com.
    I thought I was just being an illiterate idiot...

All-American
    Blog Entries

To be clear.......the weekly rankings on Txhighschoolbaseball.com come from THSBCA.com........but the site is Txhighschoolbaseball.com. It was my mistake......but now it's corrected. The site is a really cool site and even has a Twitter site attached to it you can read each week.

Quote Originally Posted by Tejastrue View Post
    Wimberley Texans (18-3-1) are tied at the top of 27-4A with the Navarro Panthers (14-10-1). Both at 5-1 with two games remaining. The La Vernia Bears (17-6) are just a half game back at 5-2. Not surprising that the Texans final two district games are against both of these squads. It's the old cliche..."they control their own destiny".
    Texans (19-3-1, 6-1) shut out Navarro tonight 3-0. Nice win boys.

All-State

To be clear.......the weekly rankings on Txhighschoolbaseball.com come from THSBCA.com........but the site is Txhighschoolbaseball.com. It was my mistake......but now it's corrected. The site is a really cool site and even has a Twitter site attached to it you can read each week.
    Unless I’m misunderstanding you, I don’t think so, the top ten on THSBCA is different from TXHSBASEBALL.

http://thsbca.com/thsbca/

http://txhighschoolbaseball.com/4a/4a-top-25-apr-23/
    Rockets Never Quit!

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Man View Post
    Unless I’m misunderstanding you, I don’t think so, the top ten on THSBCA is different from TXHSBASEBALL.

http://thsbca.com/thsbca/

http://txhighschoolbaseball.com/4a/4a-top-25-apr-23/
    yes two different polls but TXHSBaseball post THSBCA poll also in its site.

My picks going into the playoffs
    1- Godley
    2- Argyle
    3- Robinson
    4- Robstown

Hoping anything can happen once the playoffs start and get a surprise team in there

All-State

Quote Originally Posted by SintonFan_inAustin View Post
    yes two different polls but TXHSBaseball post THSBCA poll also in its site.
    I don’t mean to be stubborn, but I couldn’t find any reference to THSBCA on the TXHSBASEBALL. Not a biggie, but I wouldn’t want the good folks mislead by you two charlatans......just joking.....later man. Maybe if both our teams make the State Tourny we’ll have a chance for a meet/greet.
    Rockets Never Quit!

Quote Originally Posted by Tejastrue View Post
    Texans (19-3-1, 6-1) shut out Navarro tonight 3-0. Nice win boys.
    Texans (20-3-1) take care of business tonight shutting out La Vernia (18-7) 6-0 and take the District 27-4A title. Awesome job guys!
    Now this is enough Wimberley posting on an Argyle Eagle thread! lol
    Last edited by Tejastrue; 04-27-2018 at 09:49 PM.

All-American
    Blog Entries

It's really a Class 4A baseball thread that includes the Top 25 teams and even some others. I guess I should have used a different heading to start the thread......but that's all hindsight now. There have been quite a few viewers on this thread so that means there is a decent group interested and following the weekly results. It's better to have a thread like this on baseball that covers all 4 regions than one guy covering just a couple of districts in Region IV only. And I'm not denigrating that poster......he does a fine, fine job posting the scores.....especially since no one else does. It's the old saying.....somebody's gotta do it.....so I guess I volunteered this season. And from the looks of all the teams in 4A this season with impressive won/loss records.....I'd say these playoffs will be worth watching every week.

All-American
    Blog Entries

Okay......the regular season is now over and the playoffs begin this week. Go to txhighschoolbaseball.com and click on 4A to see the final Top 25 and their records. Good luck to all of the teams that made the playoffs. The 4A Bi-District Playoff pairings are listed by Region with dates and times the teams will play.
    Last edited by regaleagle; 05-01-2018 at 04:05 AM.

All-District

Okay......the regular season is now over and the playoffs begin this week. Go to txhighschoolbaseball.com and click on 4A to see the final Top 25 and their records. Good luck to all of the teams that made the playoffs. The 4A Bi-District Playoff pairings are listed by Region with dates and times the teams will play.
    Are you sure that's the right site?

And is it my imagination, or are there a lot more teams with 3-or-fewer losses than there normally are?

All-District

And then there's this:

F27 Gonzales (2-14-1) Vs. W28 Fredericksburg (22-5)
    Game 1: Wednesday, May 2 at 7 p.m. in Fredericksburg