Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    All-American
    Blog Entries

Godley is still undefeated at 11-0 and gave Iowa Park their only loss of the season with a 10-0 win.
    Yesterdays are gone forever and tomorrows may never happen, but today you have the opportunity to make a difference.

All-American
    Blog Entries

In their latest win Friday over Fort Worth Trimble Tech......the Argyle Eagles hammered 6 home runs, one a grand slam, and scored 14 runs while giving up 3 hits in the shutout. Argyle will play 5A Denton Braswell at 2pm on Saturday.
    Last edited by regaleagle; 03-17-2018 at 01:43 PM.
    Yesterdays are gone forever and tomorrows may never happen, but today you have the opportunity to make a difference.

All-American
    Blog Entries

I'm interested to see if Little Cypress Mauriceville(LCM) is really as good as their 18-3 record shows. Bridge City(11-6-1) is a perennial power in baseball and is in the same district. If LCM can beat Bridge City twice or split with them in district......then LCM is the real deal this season. It all depends on scheduling.....on who a team plays. Bridge City typically plays a tough predistrict schedule against larger classifications that are good teams.

All-American
    Blog Entries

Argyle had a tough time of it against a good Denton Braswell, but won it 4-3 to go 14-0. Sometimes a team plays a little tight when they are trying to maintain an undefeated season......and baseball can be difficult if you don't play loose and natural. It was 2-2 thru 5 innings, but the Eagles scored one in the 6th and one in the 7th. Braswell was only able to get one run across in the bottom of the 7th. This was the closest game for the Eagles all year. Maybe a little rest will do them some good. They play Fort Worth Southwest on Tuesday and then Crandall on Saturday next week. It just keeps going.....two games every week in baseball.....there ain't no rest. The stress builds......it's very difficult to not lose a game along the way......especially if your schedule is full like Argyle's is. Then you need the pitching to do its job in all of these games and hope your bats don't quit. Errors could lose games......just one error. Or one base on balls. Or giving up one hit at the wrong time. Good Luck to the Eagles from here on out.....they'll need some luck to remain undefeated.

All-American
    Blog Entries

To get the latest updates of your team and district standings of all districts, team records, etc......go to THSBCA.com and click on 4A. Then you can check each district and each team within that district, view the district standings, season records, scores of each game, and the schedule of each team and who they played, the date played and the score of that game.

All-American
    Blog Entries

Argyle wins against FW Southwest 10-0 in a run rule game......they go to 15-0 and have one game remaining on Saturday with Crandall before beginning district play. They will play each team in district 2 times......a total of 10 games......and then the playoffs begin. Sweeny is 17-1, Godley 12-0, Iowa Park 13-1, Abilene Wylie 11-2, Canton 15-2, Salado 11-2, Jasper 15-4, LCM 19-3, Wimberley 12-2, Boerne 13-2, Bushland 16-4, and Robstown 10-3. These teams and probably some I left out I consider to be very formidible within their respective districts and also in the playoffs to come. I left out some like Pleasant Grove and Robinson that will most probably win their district again and be a very good playoff team, but it's still early and these teams have a good season record so far. Most appear to be the favorite to win their district also.

All-American
    Blog Entries

Here's my Top 5 in 4A this season so far.....according to their records and who they have played.....and their average margin of victory(runs scored).
    Argyle (15-0)
    Sweeny (17-1)
    Godley (12-0)
    Iowa Park (13-1)
    Salado (11-2) and Boerne (13-2)

Look out for Jasper (15-4)......they have some very quality wins and their losses are against larger classifications with good teams. I believe Argyle and Sweeny are interchangeable at this point.
    Last edited by regaleagle; 03-22-2018 at 03:01 AM.

All-State

Quote Originally Posted by regaleagle View Post
    Here's my Top 5 in 4A this season so far.....according to their records and who they have played.....and their average margin of victory(runs scored).
    Argyle (15-0)
    Sweeny (17-1)
    Godley (12-0)
    Iowa Park (13-1)

Look out for Jasper (15-4)......they have some very quality wins and their losses are against larger classifications with good teams. I believe Argyle and Sweeny are interchangeable at this point.
    Using your criteria, here's how I see these teams shaking out:

Team REGION Record AVG MOV Opp Win % Opponents' Classifications

Boerne IV 13-2-1 6.44 50.18% 8-6A; 1-5A; 6-4A; 1-TAPPS D2

Sweeny IV 17-1 6.00 44.20% 8-6A; 5-5A; 4-4A; 1-TAPPS D1

Argyle II 15-0 6.80 42.62% 3-6A; 8-5A; 4-4A

Godley I 12-0 7.67 57.46% 1-5A; 7-4A; 3-3A; 1-2A

Iowa Park I 13-1 6.07 50.24% 10-4A; 3-3A; 1-2A

Salado III 11-2-2 3.80 56.25% 2-6A; 9-4A; 3-3A; 1-TAPPS D2

Just to see how my Rockets compare:

Robinson III 10-3-1 4.93 46.60% 1-6A; 5-5A; 5-4A; 1-3A; 1-TAPPS D1; 1 unclassified private

CRAP, it doesn't post as I formatted it. I'll try later to clean it up or re-post it cleaned up.
    Rockets Never Quit!

Didn't Argyle start off almost the same last year?

Texans are off to a great start at 12-2-1. Cuero looks to be pretty good at 12-4.
    The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have..... Vince Lombardi

All-State

Argyle (15-0)
    Sweeny (17-1)
    Godley (12-0)
    Iowa Park (13-1)

Well dadgumit, I couldn't figure out how to get it to post like I had it in editing............

All-American
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tejastrue View Post
    Didn't Argyle start off almost the same last year?

Texans are off to a great start at 12-2-1. Cuero looks to be pretty good at 12-4.
    Yeah.....Argyle got knocked off by their perennial Region II foe Pleasant Grove. Had a great record, but this year's team is older and more mature. Seems like it's either Argyle or Pleasant Grove that wins Region II......but PG more often than Argyle. Longview Spring Hill is usually competitive and has won it several times also.

All-American
    Blog Entries

Here's an update of who's still winning and not lost a game in district play.......everybody is in the middle of district play now. All of the following teams are undefeated in district play and have played a very competitive schedule with quality losses:

Argyle(19-0); Sweeny(19-1); Godley(15-0); Iowa Park(16-1); Boerne(17-2); Canton(18-2); Abilene Wylie(14-2); Salado(14-2); Wimberley(14-2); Princeton(14-2); Robinson(14-3); Pleasant Grove(13-3); Bushland(18-4); Midlothian Heritage(13-3); Kilgore(11-3); Center(12-4); Orangefield(15-2); Fredericksburg(15-4); Lytle(17-3); Cuero(15-4); Robstown(13-4).

All-American
    Blog Entries

Here's an update of who's still winning and not lost a game in district play.......everybody is in the middle of district play now. All of the following teams are undefeated in district play and have played a very competitive schedule with quality losses:

Argyle(19-0); Sweeny(19-1); Godley(15-0); Iowa Park(16-1); Boerne(17-2); Canton(18-2); Abilene Wylie(14-2); Salado(14-2); Wimberley(14-2); Princeton(14-2); Robinson(14-3); Pleasant Grove(13-3); Bushland(18-4); Midlothian Heritage(13-3); Kilgore(11-3); Center(12-4); Orangefield(15-2); Fredericksburg(15-4); Lytle(17-3); Cuero(15-4); Robstown(13-4).
    Wow.......look at Orangefield and Lytle's records.......pretty damn impressive!! Midlothian Heritage is in Godley's district and they haven't played each other yet. Same with Boerne and Fredericksburg.

All-American
    Blog Entries

I'm interested to see if Little Cypress Mauriceville(LCM) is really as good as their 18-3 record shows. Bridge City(11-6-1) is a perennial power in baseball and is in the same district. If LCM can beat Bridge City twice or split with them in district......then LCM is the real deal this season. It all depends on scheduling.....on who a team plays. Bridge City typically plays a tough predistrict schedule against larger classifications that are good teams.
    Guess what??? LCM(21-4) did defeat Bridge City(14-7) in the first game 5-0 on 3/27/18.....but dropped the 2nd game 5-4 on 3/30/18. So it looks like they at least got the split and must be the real deal this season. Jasper(17-5) was going along very impressively, but lost to Lufkin(7-8) by a score of 3-2 this week. Jasper will still be a tough out in the playoff mix IMHO.

All-American
    Blog Entries

A couple of teams that were undefeated in district play lost this week, but should still be very formidable in the playoffs. Godley(16-1) lost its first game of the season 6-4 to district power Midlothian Heritage(15-3). Wimberley(14-3) lost 4-3 to Navarro(12-8) in a close one. LCM(23-4) defeated Orangefield(15-4 now) twice by a score of 5-0 in both games. Princeton(14-3) lost to Anna(15-5) by a score of 3-0. Boerne(19-2) knocked off district rival Fredericksburg(16-5) 4-0 in a game between two top-ranked teams in 4A. Here''s a look at the records of some of the best teams in 4A that are still undefeated in district play. Of course.....in baseball even very good teams can lose a game to a lesser district foe and still do very well in the playoffs.....maybe even win the region or the whole enchilada.

Argyle 21-0
    Sweeny 21-1
    Iowa Park 18-1
    Canton 20-2
    Boerne 19-2
    Abilene Wylie 16-2
    Salado 16-2
    Midlothian Heritage 15-3
    Robinson 14-3
    Pleasant Grove 14-3
    Bushland 19-4
    Robstown 15-4
    Cuero 16-5

Some of the teams that have dropped a district game already may not lose another one and may even be a ranked team not shown here......but these are the teams that have not yet lost a game in district play and considered to be a very competitive playoff team in 4A this season.
    Last edited by regaleagle; 04-07-2018 at 11:44 AM.